PDA

View Full Version : My take on PvP

Cahaun
12-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I've been observing on this subject, but I do post my thoughts after thinking a bit at how we can solve this hot topic.
As many of you may know by now by looking in off topic, I've been doing a little Star Wars Battlefront. I've thought of something that may help the PvP, and my answer would be PvP awards.
In Star Wars Battlefront, the more you play the more you are rewarded. You collect medals for either getting an amount of kills with a certain weapon in one life, slicing into a vehicle, and others. After being awarded one, you get a small bonus like Damage increase, stamana regeneration boost, or an award weapon until you die. There is another bonus for getting medals. The more medals you collect, the higher your rank goes and your medal rank also increases. Once you collect enough medals, you are awarded the bonus immediately once you begin any match. This helps people who keep playing and get stronger for continual play.
How can we incorporate this to PvP?
I'd like to say that we need awards for teamwork, playing the objectives (Flags), getting kills, and by just playing matches. We could also use an arena token currency like the story and hauntlet tokens that we can use to buy items and PvP-like bonuses and cosmetic apparel for vanities and possibly to be added to the guild hall.

I can still add a lot more ideas on this.

Worship
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I see what you're saying..
Like have a separate currency for PvP?
I second this.
Stuff in the pvp store can include: Vanities, elixirs, instant XP, or even exchanging those PvP coins for gold.

Cahaun
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I see what you're saying..
Like have a separate currency for PvP?
I second this.
Stuff in the pvp store can include: Vanities, elixirs, instant XP, or even exchanging those PvP coins for gold.
If people think that it's also rewarding to PvP when bored of PvE, this could make the community have a stronger liking of AL.
We need an arena area where people could spectate a 1 vs. 1 or an open battlefield where one side fights the other. We need guilds to have their own seperate leaderboard in their guildhalls so guilds will feel more connected and have some fun competition. (Lots of people will feel too discouraged to try getting on the world wide leaderboard with people already having an insane amount of kills)
PvP just needs to feel more like it's part of the game instead of just a small little place where people can just kill each other for kills that don't even award them in the end.

Cahaun
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
This thread is still open for comments and opinions. I'd think people would want to express on how PvP can grow to be a big favorite in AL along with the hauntlet and crypt runs.

Worship
12-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah and I was thinking. Maybe a way to prevent the "Go" thing again. Have a time limit on PvP games. Like 3,5,10 minute games that force you to rush and not just sit in the middle of the map saying: Worship go? Cahaun go?. then waiting for a response.
So if there is a time limit on these games, then I think people would enjoy the actual way PvP is meant to play.

Also, if you still want to do the "Go" routine, then you can have the choice to create your own Private lobby, that does not have a time limit. But, the kills in those games won't count towards your overall kill/death count.

:D

Deadbite
12-11-2012, 07:23 AM
But there will be boosters... Like the toon armies for daily reward... So it probably won't happen... Great idea I love it but....

catrinas
12-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Make a place where player can use skill and atck each other in a group or party...

Deathpunch
12-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Make a place where player can use skill and atck each other in a group or party...

You mean like pvp? Hmm... *strokes beard* Maybe...

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

ProSophist
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
While I've always wanted to have PvP rewards even in the past titles, it's a real risk due to one reason: Boosters. Even if they were to implement an arena-like random matchmaking for PvP, the community is small enough for boosters to take advantage of this. They could easily play during the dead hours and snipe queue each other. If they were to based it on kills, two people could just set up a scenario where one guy keeps killing the other over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE PvP rewards. It's just that the idea is pointless if people would find a way to exploit it anyway. I personally haven't mustered up a fool-proof reward system for PvP, and maybe STS has the same problem because if it weren't, we may have already seen one from the previous titles.

Cahaun
12-11-2012, 04:54 PM
While I've always wanted to have PvP rewards even in the past titles, it's a real risk due to one reason: Boosters. Even if they were to implement an arena-like random matchmaking for PvP, the community is small enough for boosters to take advantage of this. They could easily play during the dead hours and snipe queue each other. If they were to based it on kills, two people could just set up a scenario where one guy keeps killing the other over and over again.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE PvP rewards. It's just that the idea is pointless if people would find a way to exploit it anyway. I personally haven't mustered up a fool-proof reward system for PvP, and maybe STS has the same problem because if it weren't, we may have already seen one from the previous titles.
Oh yes certainly there'll be boosters in every multiplayer game out there. I think STS can come up with a good solution in the end, but that doesn't mean I'll stop thinking of one myself.

catrinas
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Agree

Xziliraet
12-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Cahaun, can you do me a favor and make I page on the forum suggesting that they should implement a Queueing system because nobody likes sitting in lobbies all day when we could be doing something else and searching for a match at the same time

Also another stating that there should be 2s, 3s, and 4s arena and also large battlegrounds each with separate currency kinda like wow.

And last that they should change the way the chat is and make it more o&c styles that way it would be easier to use! The reason why I can't make these pages is either because it won't let me or I don't know wtf in doing, but it you read this thx

Cahaun
12-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Cahaun, can you do me a favor and make I page on the forum suggesting that they should implement a Queueing system because nobody likes sitting in lobbies all day when we could be doing something else and searching for a match at the same time

Also another stating that there should be 2s, 3s, and 4s arena and also large battlegrounds each with separate currency kinda like wow.

And last that they should change the way the chat is and make it more o&c styles that way it would be easier to use! The reason why I can't make these pages is either because it won't let me or I don't know wtf in doing, but it you read this thx

Ok. I haven't been on much, but I'll add any other ideas like you just said. Can you explain to me how your queuing system will work out? I liked the DL PvP on how people don't care about rushing and balances teams, but I heard people don't like the waiting time. Can you either PM me or post on this thread everything else you would want to suggest?

Xziliraet
12-30-2012, 02:01 PM
The Queueing system basically lets you find a match without sitting in a lobby all day, you could be doing quests while being in queue for pvp. Then once enough players are found to start the match, an invite pops up on your screen to join the match

Xziliraet
12-30-2012, 02:03 PM
The Queueing system basically lets you find a match without sitting in a lobby all day, you could be doing quests while being in queue for pvp. Then once enough players are found to start the match, an invite pops up on your screen to join the match

Reggin
12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
I think fixing the booster problem would be easy enough... using a true skill based match system... so you are matched with players with similar pvp kdrs... this way a booster who is 100-0 simply couldn't be paired with a friend who is 0-100... or simply make it so they can get paired but don't get kills for killing someone with a bad kdr. If so many other games have figured out how to stop boosting from being a problem in high level pvp, I'm sure the leader in mobile mmos, sts, can figure it out!

Cahaun
01-02-2013, 06:16 PM

That is a very good idea! I wonder how they'll work with it, but that is certainly interesting. I'll make the thread for you either today or tomorrow. I've been extremely busy lately so I'm not as active on the forum as I used to be.

iAmPain
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I like the idea so much.

In my opinion, if there's gona be a reward system on PvP, its the Lix rewarding system.

Which could last for like 45sec or so after killing a certain number of people.

And as for the Queue System, i think i also have a suggestion.

(Just so were clear, I got this idea from Flyff [Fly for Fun] so.. yea! Just wanted you guys to know lol)

If you want to go to PvP, you can go to a map, (Called Servers in Flyff)

After your in the PvP Map, there'll be another portal.

What for? Well, this is because 1. the portal tp's u to the real battlefield

2. you can wait there if your not ready to PvP.

No more those "Go, Go" thing, just pure FFA when you step inside the portal.

When you die, you'll spawn in front of the portal again.

Then again, we can still modify this idea to be more efficient Lol.

---
Edit: Wasn't reading every single post xD

I think fixing the booster problem would be easy enough... using a true skill based match system... so you are matched with players with similar pvp kdrs... this way a booster who is 100-0 simply couldn't be paired with a friend who is 0-100... or simply make it so they can get paired but don't get kills for killing someone with a bad kdr. If so many other games have figured out how to stop boosting from being a problem in high level pvp, I'm sure the leader in mobile mmos, sts, can figure it out!

They can think/evolve something out of the Elo System on LoL [League of Legends].

Where your'e ranked against the same opponents which your skill rank is.

I don't wana waste much time explaining everything out, but you guys can check this out for a quick reference;

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system

I think it's a great system to prevent boosters from farming low (skilled) players plus

It also has the ability to PvP w/ Other players if they're close to your Skill Level.

So what do you guys think..?

shayen
01-03-2013, 04:51 AM
how about another map of arlor wherein PK is possible lol.

Sympathetic
01-03-2013, 05:17 PM

I agree with you bro, like make new map call War zone/city basically there's no limit for how many player are there, no timing, no nothing, just hunt and kill kill kill XD

crestmage
01-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Once you collect enough medals, you are awarded the bonus immediately once you begin any match. This helps people who keep playing and get stronger for continual play.

I can predict a future where a rogue can kill a warrior with one touch from the tip of her dagger? This will make Pvp terribly imbalanced. Dont really agree with this. Like the rest of your post though.

crestmage
01-03-2013, 11:15 PM

A war server lol!