PDA

View Full Version : Please learn how to play your class!

Deadbite
12-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Warriors should be the one to have the boss on him, as hes the one with 2k health and 500 amour not the little rogue or mage. People are getting tired of running in circles around elite jarl spamming pots while the warrior stands there watching...

ShadowGunX
12-09-2012, 01:38 PM
well y yelling to all warriors. nt every warrior is bad. if one or more warriors dnt keep aggro doesnt mean all warriors dnt keep aggro. Its his fault that he cant kepp aggro. either u leave d game or go away from d boss. also do runs with good warriors which r known to u to avoid useless warriors. :-) dnt post insulting thread.

Deadbite
12-09-2012, 01:46 PM
well y yelling to all warriors. nt every warrior is bad. if one or more warriors dnt keep aggro doesnt mean all warriors dnt keep aggro. Its his fault that he cant kepp aggro. either u leave d game or go away from d boss. dnt post insulting thread.
I'm not saying every warrior is bad it is my 2cnd favorite class but normally when i lose agro to a rogue i spam all the "agroing" skills i have. What im experiencing is they stand there and watch me run in circles trying not to die. NOT all are bad. And if i go away from boss he follows and still attacks me and if I run far enough away he resets. GF

ShadowGunX
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
lol add him to ignore list. nd do runs with good wars known to u simple. :-)

TheLowerLight
12-10-2012, 12:17 AM
How ri can tawnt ur bos when im windmill weeee

ShadowGunX
12-10-2012, 01:33 AM
How ri can tawnt ur bos when im windmill weeee

u can taunt if u hav:
---Chest Splitter skill
---Axe throw skill

Kenoon
12-10-2012, 04:23 AM
You can taunt the boss using Horn of Renew's taunt effect too.
I have been using this method recently to taunt Jarl effectively.
What i did was to stand within my effective range and cast HOR & Viola~

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Wtf xD it's a game, why do we NEED to learn our class etc xD cmon lol

ShadowGunX
12-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Lol true astro. we need to.njoy d game only. who care for others lmao :-P

Dreuefesie
12-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Warrior is very easy to tank jarl with, with the help of some pots occasionally.

Sometimes I find that inexperienced sorcerer/rogues can get annoying when they don't stand away from the red! Hahah..

Once level caps rise I'm sure everyone will learn enough about their class and other classes to be able to play the game well.

Kenoon
12-10-2012, 05:49 AM
I realised many new warriors when trying to use Chest Splitter, they are not confident enough to continue to stand on the same spot.

The skill is idiot proof.... The moment the boss cast his windup, you will see his arc of fire red zone, press Chest splitter and continue with your other skill combos.
Eventually the boss will cancel off his windup.

Deadbite
12-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Lol astro... Haha

crestmage
12-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Not all tanks have active taunt skills.

Kenoon
12-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Not all tanks have active taunt skills.

Then they will have to consider what is their role.
If Tank = active taunt.
If DPS = avoid taunt skills.

If they don't have such skills and continue being a tank, they will face some difficulty at elite map mobs.

sirtibby
12-22-2012, 12:25 PM
I realised many new warriors when trying to use Chest Splitter, they are not confident enough to continue to stand on the same spot.

The skill is idiot proof.... The moment the boss cast his windup, you will see his arc of fire red zone, press Chest splitter and continue with your other skill combos.
Eventually the boss will cancel off his windup.

Does not work on the likes of Krunch. :'( I swear by splitter but apparently trolls are just too big to stagger.

Goria
12-22-2012, 09:03 PM
I don't have an damage skill, only the defensive skills to help my group. Got taunt on two skills, but sometimes, when a rouge, for example, deals more damage than me(every time), taunt doesn't work. Don't know if it's a bug, or only the game game mechanics. It's only sometimes. I love to play as a tank.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Does not work on the likes of Krunch. :'( I swear by splitter but apparently trolls are just too big to stagger.

dude its chance is 20-40%. so many times u cant cancel windups. u need 3 wars so that its chance goes up to 60%. anyway beware of his poison hammer.

sirtibby
12-23-2012, 10:47 AM
..... Where does it say that? On other bosses my interrupt is 100%. The description says "hits from chest splitter WILL interrupt"...

I'd like to know where you got those percentages from. Is there something I'm missing? I can interrupt jarl and Mother and others all day long.

Wizard_Mike
12-23-2012, 12:35 PM
dude its chance is 20-40%. so many times u cant cancel windups. u need 3 wars so that its chance goes up to 60%. anyway beware of his poison hammer.

The disorient part of staggering blow is what has a chance to work or not. The wind up interrupt works all the time, except for some bosses. Before it was only trolls that couldn't be interrupted, but it seems like the new bosses can't be interrupted either, which is making it difficult to be an effective tank. If I have to run around avoiding windups like everyone else, how am I helping the dps out? Might as well drop my defensive skills and go for damage skills.

I do hope the devs review the tanking mechanics. Chest splitter was the one tool we had that let us position bosses away from the rest of the group to keep them safe, but these new bosses make being a tank almost pointless. I have to constantly be hitting on the boss with everything I've got to hold aggro, so when I'm forced to run around like everyone else, there's no way to top out aggro over the dps guys.

I'm not at level cap yet, so haven't spent TOO much time on these bosses, and haven't seen elite versions yet of course, so I'll have to hold my final opinions for when I'm capped and geared again. But I'm a bit worried how effective I will be at tanking with this expansion.