PDA

View Full Version : What happened to AOA?

Superdexme
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Ive been temporarily away from pocket legends the last week, I logged on today and noticed the AOA application section is gone...Has it been moved? are they not taking new people in right now?

Thanks

Noodleleg
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
They're shutting down the program :(!

JaytB
12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
It's been disbanded.

Edit: Noodleninja'd

Jcyee
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
official announcement from sam: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78406-Closing-the-Ambassador-Programs

CrimsonTider
12-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Good idea, but too many flaws.

Nihiliste
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
It blew up

Otukura
12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
parth was in it

Zeus
12-09-2012, 08:04 PM
parth was in it

Not the second time. :)

Otukura
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Not the second time. :)

wasn't* in it.

Noodleleg
12-09-2012, 08:16 PM
wasn't* in it.

Christopherson, begone!

Multibird
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
flight got cancelled....

Rot
12-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Christopherson, begone!

What a long name! D:<

Otukura
12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
What a long name! D:<

good thing it's not mine

i'd have had a heck of a time writing my name in kindergarten.

Zaonabiuibil
12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
good thing it's not mine

i'd have had a heck of a time writing my name in kindergarten.

Ot-- Otu-- Otok--- Otuk-- Gah! Your name is hard enough to spell as it is!

/endbeingahypocrite

TEOKILLO
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
your name is harder to spell...gf

Roberto077
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Well, there goes 1 and a half years of work trying to get in. Still on the baby koala massascre, bbl

Rot
12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Dumb kindergarten kids used to call me Carrot when my name's Kenneth.. ._.

小孩子
12-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Retarted kintergarden kids used to call me Carrot when my name's Kenneth.. ._.

Do you happen to have orange hair?

Rot
12-10-2012, 03:43 AM
Do you happen to have orange hair?

Asian kids don't know how to pronounce that name, so...

dudetus
12-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Kindergarten discussion in an AoA discussion.

How convenient.

cookiez
12-10-2012, 08:32 AM
It's noodle's fault

Noodleleg
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Fine, blame the Asian -_-...

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Nuuuuu xD

cookiez
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Just this Asian:)

Bunnyshoota
12-10-2012, 08:33 PM
The original AoA under airrie (I think) was decent. Then things started going downhill........

Lowlyspy
12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
The original AoA under airrie (I think) was decent. Then things started going downhill........
Pandar, not Airrie.

Cascade
12-10-2012, 08:42 PM
It happens with every "elite" program. People are selected and are given a special item. People that arn't in the group are like "NOOO. I WANT ONE." It's all downhill from there.

cookiez
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
It happens with every "elite" program. People are selected and are given a special item. People that arn't in the group are like "NOOO. I WANT ONE." It's all downhill from there.

Its not an "Elite" program, its for people who are recognized for helping, then are given this title and joined this guild so newbs can see we're here to help. And the vanity was taken away awhile ago

vampinoy
12-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, I get to have the last laugh. Some time ago when AOA was still at it's peak, I did say that I will still be here when AOA goes down because I thought it wasn't a good idea at all :D Well here it is, I'm still around, AOA is gone, so "ha ha ha" to those who thought I was trolling, wherever you are now. All my threads about my opinion was closed, my posts deleted, and I was slapped infraction after infraction, even though I had valid points. I'm proven right once again *sigh*.

Bunnyshoota
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Pandar, not Airrie.

Backwards >.<

Cascade
12-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Its not an "Elite" program, its for people who are recognized for helping. And the vanity was taken away awhile ago

My bad I was in the first batch and they had all that going on.

Lowlyspy
12-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Its not an "Elite" program, its for people who are recognized for helping. And the vanity was taken away awhile ago
Is that what it boiled down to in the end? Just another GoA? What a pity.

Back in my AoA days, we didn't start AoA as a "Good job" medal. We made AoA to act as a beacon for all players saying "Hey, this hat and title shows that i am here to help you in any way i can so if you have a question or need help, feel free to ask." We didn't do it seeking a title or acknowledgement, we didn't make it as some sort of elitist collective, we did it because we wanted a better community, nothing more.

Although it's a bit disappointing to see that name go down, if AoA became nothing more than a medal, i'm happy it's gone.

EDIT:

then are given this title and joined this guild so newbs can see we're here to help.

Mhmm, slick edit.

Cascade
12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Is that what it boiled down to in the end? Just another GoA? What a pity.

Back in my AoA days, we didn't start AoA as a "Good job" medal. We made AoA to act as a beacon for all players saying "Hey, this hat and title shows that i am here to help you in any way i can so if you have a question or need help, feel free to ask." We didn't do it seeking a title or acknowledgement, we didn't make it as some sort of elitist collective, we did it because we wanted a better community, nothing more.

Although it's a bit disappointing to see that name go down, if AoA became nothing more than a medal, i'm happy it's gone.

People were more helpful or at least helping for the right reason when PL was younger.

MightyMicah
12-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Well, I get to have the last laugh. Some time ago when AOA was still at it's peak, I did say that I will still be here when AOA goes down because I thought it wasn't a good idea at all :D Well here it is, I'm still around, AOA is gone, so "ha ha ha" to those who thought I was trolling, wherever you are now. All my threads about my opinion was closed, my posts deleted, and I was slapped infraction after infraction, even though I had valid points. I'm proven right once again *sigh*.

Let us not forget the age group that dominates these forums. ;)

Cascade
12-10-2012, 10:29 PM

Exactly. I've been here since nearly the beginning of PL and guess what? I have no special titles. My rep isn't fantastic. This is not a pity party by any means I just want to tell everyone that it doesn't really matter a whole lot. I don't care to be famous on the forums or anything I love the people here and consider it a privilege to be able to help this community.

Bunnyshoota
12-10-2012, 10:51 PM

144/12

Zeus
12-11-2012, 05:56 AM

Perhaps you were because you were openly insulting a program that STS employees worked to bring to the community? That's like staying in a house (in this case, the forums) then being absolutely disrespectful about the amenities the guest attempts to provide you with.

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Perhaps you were because you were openly insulting a program that STS employees worked to bring to the community? That's like staying in a house (in this case, the forums) then being absolutely disrespectful about the amenities the guest attempts to provide you with.

Except for the fact that that isn't what Vampinoy was doing...

Zeus
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Except for the fact that that isn't what Vampinoy was doing...

Except it is though, considering he no longer plays the games. Is this really something to brag about being right on?

Astrocat
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Vampinoy doesn't know how talk normally on here. He always want the last word and always want to be right. This is not a way to show your opinions. I think he should stop acting like this, and maybe more people will take consideration in his points of view. Just my thought, but everytime I see him post, it's the case.

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Except it is though, considering he no longer plays the games. Is this really something to brag about being right on?

Certainly not. However, there are times when points need to be made and I believe he had a great point. All I've witnessed is people bashing his every word. Yet, in the end, his every word turned out to be correct. No one likes a wise guy, but the truth of the matter is, wise guys are wise. That's why they're called wise guys ;)

Superduper
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
One of the main reasons that I quit PL is that nothing remains exclusive. Select few get something, people cry and moan, then STS makes a patch that makes it available to everyone. What is the point in making it exclusive in the first place? During AO3 I worked my tail off for the mega-blaster set and obtained it. Then people complained about wanting more sets so they added the Sunblessed set as well, then the worth of my set went way down, all because someone cried to the devs. I know that this example was not referring to something exclusive, just using it as an example.

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
One of the main reasons that I quit PL is that nothing remains exclusive. Select few get something, people cry and moan, then STS makes a patch that makes it available to everyone. What is the point in making it exclusive in the first place? During AO3 I worked my tail off for the mega-blaster set and obtained it. Then people complained about wanting more sets so they added the Sunblessed set as well, then the worth of my set went way down, all because someone cried to the devs. I know that this example was not referring to something exclusive, just using it as an example.

Excellent point. Although we are way off topic ;)

JaytB
12-11-2012, 01:11 PM
wise guys are wise. That's why they're called wise guys ;)

I thought 'wise guys' are fully initiated members of the Mafia :D

Edit: About the whole AOA thing... I think that all members that were in it for the right reasons, can live with the fact that it's/will be disbanded. It was supposed to help newbies out and I believe the 'real' members will continue to do so with or without an official guild to back them up.

Superduper
12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Someone said something about exclusive in other replies. Thought it was time for a rant

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I thought 'wise guys' are fully initiated members of the Mafia :D

Edit: About the whole AOA thing... I think that all members that were in it for the right reasons, can live with the fact that it's/will be disbanded. It was supposed to help newbies out and I believe the 'real' members will continue to do so with or without an official guild to back them up.

You're absolutely right Jay. From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.

Cascade
12-11-2012, 01:41 PM
If you need special titles to be able to help someone then you are doing it for the wrong reason. You should be able to help regardless of a title or exclusive item.

dudetus
12-11-2012, 07:11 PM
You're absolutely right Jay. From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.

Agreed.

AoA was a humble cause (at least the original) but tbh, it's visibility to the game itself was zero. More than half the applies were made based on a fancydancy title. Good on paper, but in the end not worth the time.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice touch from STS to get players closer to the company but this "insider" thing is far more helpful as it affects every single forum member, not just the selected few.

cookiez
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Guys stop hatin on AoA.. sure some of us were never on, or ever helped, but the people who were on and participated were really helpful and fun. I personally think some of you are mad you didn't get accepted. Again not naming names.. smh

dudetus
12-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Guys stop hatin on AoA.. sure some of us were never on, or ever helped, but the people who were on and participated were really helpful and fun. I personally think some of you are mad you didn't get accepted. Again not naming names.. smh

There's a difference between hating and stating constructive critisism.

Cascade
12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Agreed.

AoA was a humble cause (at least the original) but tbh, it's visibility to the game itself was zero. More than half the applies were made based on a fancydancy title. Good on paper, but in the end not worth the time.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice touch from STS to get players closer to the company but this "insider" thing is far more helpful as it affects every single forum member, not just the selected few.

The devs have caught on to the fact that when exclusive clubs are formed. People are going to want to be in them and if they get rejected they turn into the hulk. Troll style. So, they are going with the insider program where all you have to do is join. No one is arguing about it now.

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 07:34 PM

Cookiez I know you mean well, but I'm sorry. That's just not true.

I have been trolled and dissed the most hardcore by more than one AoA before. I've witnessed them being way, way far less than "helpful." Once, when I saw an AoA in Forest Haven, I decided to test that AoA out. I went and rolled a quick toon and leveled it to like 4. I searched through the forest havens till I found the right one. Not only did I get rejected when asking for help but I was also made fun of by the AoA Now it's my turn to not name names.

The dude has a point ;) Constructive criticism is different than hate.

Suentous PO
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
It started with "helping" then it was "parties". The community has been stuck on "they don't help" looong after sts steered away from that.

cookiez
12-11-2012, 10:07 PM
I have been trolled and dissed the most hardcore by more than one AoA before. I've witnessed them being way, way far less than "helpful." Once, when I saw an AoA in Forest Haven, I decided to test that AoA out. I went and rolled a quick toon and leveled it to like 4. I searched through the forest havens till I found the right one. Not only did I get rejected when asking for help but I was also made fun of by the AoA Now it's my turn to not name names.

The dude has a point ;) Constructive criticism is different than hate.[/QUOTE]

All good bro;) like I said, not all the ambassadors were in here to help. And like some of you said some were just in here for the title...*cough* But saying all AoAs were is not cool, cause I sure tried to be extremely nice when on my AoA and I was. I too did the same experiment to someone in the AoA and they said go join a guild and get some gold f**. The worst thing I've done is ignore 1 person.

And I looove constructive criticism, but is this constructive? Or positive? Sounds to me like someone______(insert your own thoughts)_____...

Quoted from someone:

From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.

Delphina
12-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I am going to close this thread.
Check out this thread for more information.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?68582-Infernal-Souls