PDA

View Full Version : Message to Warriors and Elite Characters

TheAnonymous
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Dear Warriors,

If you are casting windmill on a single target like Jarl there is no need to run around in a circle like you are going to kill him any faster with your technique. This has been about 1 out of every 3 Jarl runs today I have seen a increasing # of warriors doing this.

Leaving a perfect party in Jarl which consists of a mage and 2 rogues or 2 mages and a rogue makes no sense. I ran on my warrior Jarl runs with 2 rogues and we were able to hit every run under 1 minute and 30. Every run where I have seen 3-4 warriors it has taken 3-4+ minutes.

Running and standing during fights especially elite runs right where your rogue or mage are standing isn't really the best decision on your part as a tank as they are your support and damage class but also to help keep you alive and finish the fight faster.

Dear Elite Characters,

I understand the need to run around with elite weapons and show them off I really do I have multiple L16's also but if you are doing Jarl runs or other Elite runs and you are a rogue or a mage please put away your Elite weapons in favor of something that won't out DPS the tank if you see they will be out DPS'd.

ctf
12-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I dont get what this post is saying
Im a lv16 warrior and i dont run when doing elite Jarl......

TheAnonymous
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM

This wasn't directed at you than :) It was a generic response to what I have seen as a increasing thing.

jerzy448
12-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Why i never run into these 90 sec runs is beyond me. My luck must not be good in this game. The lowest for me was 230

Muhmota
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Or the warriors who refuse to use hp pots and then blame everyone else for not healing them and wipe the group. When a couple pots would kept them alive.

If you're sitting at 20%the hp. For multiple secs pop a pot please. When you have 2khp you have more than enough time to use a pot to stay alive.

Prolly just beating a dead bush since I doubt they read the forums.

TheAnonymous
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Why i never run into these 90 sec runs is beyond me. My luck must not be good in this game. The lowest for me was 230

They are out there but few and far between. Once you do run with some people in those 90 second runs be sure to add them to your friends list as they make life way easier.

When I was on my warrior with those 2 rogues we ran Jarl for 1 hour at 90 second runs every single tims. Ended up with quite a few pinks too since I was able to double my runs that most run at.

BodMaster
12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Full Tank = No Windmill to begin with.

Even with Elite Rogue/Mages, if you have a Full Tank build you don't have to worry about that or pots as Juggernaut helps with that incredibly.

Unless you are a "DPS" War, you won't need the likes of Windmill or Skyward Sword. (CS/Axe is plenty good)

Thermite
12-10-2012, 12:22 AM
What's even worse is when your tank doesn't know how to tank. You're supposed to stand still. What don't other tanks understand about standing still. By standing still, the run can go a lot faster.

Fodda
12-10-2012, 12:36 AM
most people who dont play warriors dont realise how expensive it it to tank elite sure a good party i dont need a single pot but a really bad party that doesnt heal can use upwards of fourty pots which is bs

Telb
12-10-2012, 02:26 AM
What's annoying is the fact that half of the warriors in the game don't know how to maintain aggro or they don't have their skills set to maintain aggro.

Ark
12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
I dont know about you, but if you guys are all complaining about not having a good tank, why dont you make one yourself and be one? lmfao. Lets see how easy/hard it is to be a tank ;).

primaeva
12-10-2012, 04:52 AM
I dont know about you, but if you guys are all complaining about not having a good tank, why dont you make one yourself and be one? lmfao. Lets see how easy/hard it is to be a tank ;).

I tank for groups with my rogue, or invite a lowbie and solo Jarl in 75 seconds. /flex

It's not hard. Just blow cooldowns and maximize DPS, and use potions.

DataPunk
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Whats a lowbie in this game? Aren't we all?

j3peaz
12-10-2012, 06:49 AM
I like when i got junk armor/weapon and run jarl with 3 other tanks with obvisously better weapons and armor and they only use primary attack causing my poor but to maintain aggro.

Deadbite
12-10-2012, 07:05 AM
I like my lifelikes though warriors just need a "agro buff" to easy to lose it imo either that or I run with bad tanks...

*Zero*
12-10-2012, 07:14 AM
So basically this was a thread to call out warriors. Seems your running with bad tanks. I have no problem at all keeping aggro I'm full tank build.
Let's turn the tables a bit from what I've seen on most mages and rogues. First mage if you want to live let the tank grab aggro while rushing to jarl. Don't aoe the group before jarl until you see little red comas above their head or you will run back alone. Last for you mages let the warrior position jarl so when you spam your lightning attack it doesn't aggro the mobs at the bridge.

Rogues again don't peircer on the boss you will be alone and will die if you do this, like stated above follow with the group. Next, don't run over and aggro jarl while the warrior is killing the group of mobs, most of the aggro is attained by first couple attacks. Also don't sit in back of the group spamming aimed shot and noxious bolt, grow some and get in the action.

See it's not hard to call classes out by their faults. If you want good tanks Add Zero in game and I'll show ya and give ya some names of good tanks.

Cahaun
12-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Dear Elite Characters,

I understand the need to run around with elite weapons and show them off I really do I have multiple L16's also but if you are doing Jarl runs or other Elite runs and you are a rogue or a mage please put away your Elite weapons in favor of something that won't out DPS the tank if you see they will be out DPS'd.
Anyone else reading this part?

KillaSkillz
12-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Well, I tank, but I gotta say there is little to no support in PUGs from other players. I end up potting to the tune of 100 pots an hour as others run back instead of healing.

And why do people hang back in the hauntlet? It would seem to get the speed hauntlet coin you need to be towards the other side of the zone when the popup to proceed happens to be fast. I get groups that hang at the entrance trying to avoid getting hit by those flying blobs that turn into spawn puddles and end up finishing after the 3:30 mark. If I am not on the boss by 2:30 I feel like I am with a hopeless group and exit the instance.

Good, solid PUG runs are few and far between. I'm finding it is much better to just run with the guild.

Tuik
12-10-2012, 07:39 AM
Dear Elite Characters,

What does this mean?

Agree with everything else though. Wtf is up with warriors not having/using potions though? I don't mind popping a dozen if Jarl targets me, why should a warrior die instead of spending...10 gold? 15 gold? And seriously, people leave the map if there's only one warrior and rogues+sorcerers. What's up with that? You need one warrior to tank the boss. You don't even need more than two people to kill the weakling.

kateku
12-10-2012, 08:11 AM
For all to play well, be fair and use some pots be it hp pot/mp pots.

Delirium
12-10-2012, 08:52 AM

That's exactly what I did.. haha! =) It's now my favorite character.. but sometimes it's frustrating when people whine about tanks sucking when there are sooooo many rogues/mages who don't know how to manage their aggro. Fortunately I'm a boss tank, so I rarely lose aggro, but when I do it's usually because some mage/rogue hit something before me and they get 1-shotted. /doesnotfeelbad

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM

So true!

Fao
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
I don't really care, as long as we kill him :)

Ephesius
12-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Dear Warriors,

If you are casting windmill on a single target like Jarl there is no need to run around in a circle like you are going to kill him any faster with your technique. This has been about 1 out of every 3 Jarl runs today I have seen a increasing # of warriors doing this.

Leaving a perfect party in Jarl which consists of a mage and 2 rogues or 2 mages and a rogue makes no sense. I ran on my warrior Jarl runs with 2 rogues and we were able to hit every run under 1 minute and 30. Every run where I have seen 3-4 warriors it has taken 3-4+ minutes.

Running and standing during fights especially elite runs right where your rogue or mage are standing isn't really the best decision on your part as a tank as they are your support and damage class but also to help keep you alive and finish the fight faster.

Dear Elite Characters,

Hey anyonmous when you use windmill you are suppoded to go in circles because it hits all the enemies trust me I have been playing since beta I am a good if not the best warrior in arcane

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Hey anyonmous when you use windmill you are suppoded to go in circles because it hits all the enemies trust me I have been playing since beta I am a good if not the best warrior in arcane

Lul?

jerzy448
12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Threads likes this make me smile. I know when i get on the game now i will never tank again on my warrior. i don't need a tank when i play my rogue. I'm tired of blowing through my pots and money so others can live. If you are running with me stay alive the best way you can. I'm not tanking at all from now on

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:26 AM

So if you are fighting a single enemy like Jarl all by himself you saying I should run circles around him while I use windmill?

Even the group before Jarl all you need to do is stand right in the middle of them and let it off.

I personally with both my L16 warriors run straight to the first mob right before Jarl and don't do the whole let me stand by the rocks and run. By doing this I don't cause my non warrior friends from dying since the agro from bridge can attack them there.

I run straight into the first mob and unleash my spells/attacks from the center of them.

I than axe throw Jarl so he comes and visits me where the first mod was which blocks him in and allows distance from the trash mobs behind him from being agro'd but also keeps him in a direction where rogues and mages can safely kill him.

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Lul?

+1

10char

Tuik
12-10-2012, 09:27 AM
in before "potions r so expensiv qq"

oh wait... :(

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Threads likes this make me smile. I know when i get on the game now i will never tank again on my warrior. i don't need a tank when i play my rogue. I'm tired of blowing through my pots and money so others can live. If you are running with me stay alive the best way you can. I'm not tanking at all from now on

Also I posted this coming from a person who has 2 Level 16 warriors which 1 is a DPS warrior and the other is a Tank warrior, Level 16 Rogue, and a Level 16 Sorc and soon a Level 5, Level 10, and Level 15 PVP character / Farmer

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:30 AM
in before "potions r so expensiv qq"

oh wait... :(

I find potions actually pretty cheap.

People who find the potions expensive either aren't selling using the CS to earn cash, are not part of a guild, and also probably use auto feed on their pet and possibly even idle around with their pet out which is eating up their gold with no reward.

*Zero*
12-10-2012, 09:34 AM

Bro if you have windmill your no tank.
Chest Splitter, Axe Throw , Juggernaut and Vengeful Blood are the BEST tank skills.

Tuik
12-10-2012, 09:34 AM
I find potions actually pretty cheap.

People who find the potions expensive either aren't selling using the CS to earn cash, are not part of a guild, and also probably use auto feed on their pet and possibly even idle around with their pet out which is eating up their gold with no reward.

I've sold like 4 items in the CS, I'm in a random guild for the achievement(never bothered to leave), use autofeed and idle in town. Potions are still cheap.

Seriously, you people farm elite boxes from Jarl and get anywhere from 10k to 700k(really?) for a single pink item. Potions cost 1350gold for 100 pieces. OH SO EXPENSIVE :( :( :(

Ephesius
12-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Chest Splitter, Axe Throw , Juggernaut and Vengeful Blood are the BEST tank skills.

Zero have you been playing since beta? Im pretty sure windwill is the best for pvp, trust me I am a expert when ot comes to arcane legends

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:41 AM

Even as a DPS warrior you can't go wrong with Vengeful Blood + Axe Throw. I use both of those in my tank + DPS build and I can still tank with my DPS build. I use maybe 1-2 pots if it is a bad run on either charater in a Jarl run.

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Zero have you been playing since beta? Im pretty sure windwill is the best for pvp, trust me I am a expert when ot comes to arcane legends

No you are not.

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:43 AM

I will take knock back + Interrupt attack = Chest Splitter

10% reduction + stun + 15% damage + pull = Axe throw any day in PVP over windmill

*Zero*
12-10-2012, 09:52 AM

Been in AL since Canada and Australia limited release.

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I've sold like 4 items in the CS, I'm in a random guild for the achievement(never bothered to leave), use autofeed and idle in town. Potions are still cheap.

Seriously, you people farm elite boxes from Jarl and get anywhere from 10k to 700k(really?) for a single pink item. Potions cost 1350gold for 100 pieces. OH SO EXPENSIVE :( :( :(

I agree the only expensive character I can actually see for pots would be rogue if you wanted to spam skills constantly in a long battle.

I never as stated earlier use more than maybe 1-2 health pots very few fights on my warrior and absolutely never use a mana pot.

My sorc I don't need to use any pots unless I end up with agro at which point I will use a few health pots possibly in battle but never need to use mana pots.

Rogue depending on how the battle goes I could end up using some health pots and who I am fighting or who is in the party 4-5 mana pots possibly.

I don't see the cost of potions that expensive since currently there is almost no need for them unless you rushing at a low level into some high level area.

Raxin
12-10-2012, 09:58 AM

I will take knock back + Interrupt attack = Chest Splitter

10% reduction + stun + 15% damage + pull = Axe throw any day in PVP over windmill
Lol good idea.push the rogues n maged away.... Fail

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Lol good idea.push the rogues n maged away.... Fail

How is it a fail?

When they about to attack you knock them back + interrupt their skill , and pull them in and attack rinse repeat.

With the right gear on the mage, rogue, or even another warrior their DPS can be deadly from their melee so this would prevent you from some of the melee damage.

kateku
12-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Use pots and everyone is a good tanker. . :dispirited:

Catwomann
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I personally think, perfect party is a good tank with a carpal(cause carpal seems to have good agro), 2 good mages with 180+ damage and a good rogue with shadow veil and 150+ damage. With such types of party1:10, 1:20 are easily doable and once I have done 1:05 with my friends. The trick is to not kill minions first and then invite jarl, but to invite jarl and minions at same time (don't try this if ur party ain't capable of handling).

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
I personally think, perfect party is a good tank with a carpal(cause carpal seems to have good agro), 2 good mages with 180+ damage and a good rogue with shadow veil and 150+ damage. With such types of party1:10, 1:20 are easily doable and once I have done 1:05 with my friends. The trick is to not kill minions first and then invite jarl, but to invite jarl and minions at same time (don't try this if ur party ain't capable of handling).

Indeed shortest I have gotten was 1:20-1:30 with my one of my warriors + 2 rogues and this was not by doing hem all at once but mob first and Jarl so can only imagine if we had done them both at same time.

Wizard_Mike
12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Windmill could be an awesome tank tool with two changes. First, make it generate aggro like chest splitter does. Second, change the upgrade that snares enemies to instead pull all enemies in range to the warrior. I mean, there's a big tornado around me when I'm spinning around, don't tornados suck things into themselves? Lol.

If windmill did those two things, it would be great for tanking.

I'm currently using axe throw, chest splitter, horn of renew, and windmill. I originally figured I would need an AoE attack to maintain aggro, so I grabbed windmill, but I find it pretty useless for tanking. I'm waiting for the next update to respec, though, since we'll be getting passives and I don't want to waste platinum on a respec now in case I find I want to respec again once the update hits.

Rare
12-10-2012, 10:19 AM

Here is what he is saying:

1. Stop running around Jarl because the red cone of death will one shot Rogues and Sorcerors. Its very hard to see the cone when there is so much action on the screen. Just stand still and tank.

2. 3+ warrior parties are very slow because they don't do much damage. So Warrior should stop leaving elite maps that do not have other warriors (I haven't personally seen much of this).

Rare
12-10-2012, 10:22 AM

What's your record in pvp with your warrior?

Crystalite
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
How is it a fail?

When they about to attack you knock them back + interrupt their skill , and pull them in and attack rinse repeat.

With the right gear on the mage, rogue, or even another warrior their DPS can be deadly from their melee so this would prevent you from some of the melee damage.

Some warriors don't take the knock back upgrade for chest splitter because the knock back interferes with positioning of mobs. E.g. Boss fights the rogue may have to move around a little, or during speed runs some mobs may be knocked out of range of aoe skills, instead of being nicely stacked together. But I suppose it is all up to personal preference and your team members.

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Some warriors don't take the knock back upgrade for chest splitter because the knock back interferes with positioning of mobs. E.g. Boss fights the rogue may have to move around a little, or during speed runs some mobs may be knocked out of range of aoe skills, instead of being nicely stacked together. But I suppose it is all up to personal preference and your team members.

Ya for PVE it isn't a good pick but that comment was in response to the "Windmill is the best for PVP" comment.

In PVP that knockback , interrupt, pull, debuffs will prove to be very useful.

That is why I made a PVP/DPS type warrior and a Tank Warrior so I could use one for Elite Runs and one for PVP/DPS/Rushes.

Crystalite
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Ya for PVE it isn't a good pick but that comment was in response to the "Windmill is the best for PVP" comment.

In PVP that knockback , interrupt, pull, debuffs will prove to be very useful.

That is why I made a PVP/DPS type warrior and a Tank Warrior so I could use one for Elite Runs and one for PVP/DPS/Rushes.

Oops I'm sorry, didn't read carefully enough. Not sure what he means for pvp implications then. :(

TheAnonymous
12-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Oops I'm sorry, didn't read carefully enough. Not sure what he means for pvp implications then. :(

I think cause he is pro he is on the developers build servers testing out PVP for them.

akfury
12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Guys I have a solution!!!! GET A GUILD and run in parties... Look at that no more worthless players...

Yakiniku
12-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Eh. Dealing with bad PUG tanks (and DPS'ers for that matter) just makes you a better player in the end. I do what I have to do to try to keep the run going. I heal the tank, replenish mana bars and if necessary, chug pots so my DPS doesn't drop. If it's not enough and we wipe, no big deal. At least it was only three minutes or so wasted. I guess I'm used to it after WoW raiding where you could waste 8+ hours of your day for no net gain except "experience" in the encounter or raid points.

Last for you mages let the warrior position jarl so when you spam your lightning attack it doesn't aggro the mobs at the bridge.

LMAO. I've been that mage. Once. Once, damnit!

Cashews
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
So basically this was a thread to call out warriors. Seems your running with bad tanks. I have no problem at all keeping aggro I'm full tank build.
Let's turn the tables a bit from what I've seen on most mages and rogues. First mage if you want to live let the tank grab aggro while rushing to jarl. Don't aoe the group before jarl until you see little red comas above their head or you will run back alone. Last for you mages let the warrior position jarl so when you spam your lightning attack it doesn't aggro the mobs at the bridge.

Rogues again don't peircer on the boss you will be alone and will die if you do this, like stated above follow with the group. Next, don't run over and aggro jarl while the warrior is killing the group of mobs, most of the aggro is attained by first couple attacks. Also don't sit in back of the group spamming aimed shot and noxious bolt, grow some and get in the action.

See it's not hard to call classes out by their faults. If you want good tanks Add Zero in game and I'll show ya and give ya some names of good tanks.
Actually the rogues you want are the ones with aimed shot and nox. That is a very effective high dps build that can crit 1k+

BodMaster
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Do anyone still take Ephesius posts seriously? Just ignore what they say and he'll get bored without the attention.

Actually the rogues you want are the ones with aimed shot and nox. That is a very effective high dps build that can crit 1k+

I believe he means, stays out of range and only uses those two skills. (Which I've seen)

Get in and dmg any boss from the back, instead of worrying about deaths.

phamtom
12-12-2012, 06:25 PM
if there are at least 1 mage or 1 rogue help the tank to heal, then stand still~ that's called a team
if there are no help at all and you request the tank to consume a dozen pot? Lead jarl to hit selfish "team" to hell or reset it

Cahaun
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Dear Elite Characters,

Anyone else reading this part?
Anyone else going to bring up what he also said?

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Meh, is, GREEN.

TheAnonymous
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM

What is there to say about it?

I have been in quite a few parties as a non warrior where some rogue comes along with their DPS weapon and goes rogue on the mobs or some sorc goes in with their DPS weapon and then they get mad when they die but also in the process kill other non warriors.

Astrocat
12-13-2012, 05:11 AM
What's your record in pvp with your warrior?

21 kills - 49930 deaths!

Swagcity
12-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Do anyone still take Ephesius posts seriously? Just ignore what they say and he'll get bored without the attention.

I believe he means, stays out of range and only uses those two skills. (Which I've seen)

Get in and dmg any boss from the back, instead of worrying about deaths.

I stand back and use NOx/aimed/veil only because most pug tanks suck and it keeps me from pulling agro if they do indeed suck. No need to farm deaths

Cahaun
12-13-2012, 06:10 AM

What is there to say about it?

I have been in quite a few parties as a non warrior where some rogue comes along with their DPS weapon and goes rogue on the mobs or some sorc goes in with their DPS weapon and then they get mad when they die but also in the process kill other non warriors.
You told them to have less dps than the warrior. That's the problem. Rogues and mages are supposed to deal more damage over the warriors. If the rogues and mages aren't dishing out more damage than the warriors, than they aren't doing something right.

TheAnonymous
12-13-2012, 10:34 AM
You told them to have less dps than the warrior. That's the problem. Rogues and mages are supposed to deal more damage over the warriors. If the rogues and mages aren't dishing out more damage than the warriors, than they aren't doing something right.

That is correct they should have more DPS than warriors and that is fine in PVP/PVE or when in a team with a tank that properly knows how to keep agro.

When you drop your rogue down to non L16 Elite weapons or your Sorc away from L16 Elite you are talking maybe seconds on the fight and in favor you keep yourself alive.

I have no issues on my warrior with people out DPSing my tank as I can properly keep the agro on me with skills e.g. Axe Throw and other taunts.

What I have an issue with is I drop down my DPS on my Rogue or attack slower same with my Sorc and others go running in out DPSing or Attacking the Warrior and either turning the agro towards them where the other sorc and rogues are or they end up scattering the agro as they try to save themselves from the death that means nothing anyways.

BodMaster
12-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I stand back and use NOx/aimed/veil only because most pug tanks suck and it keeps me from pulling agro if they do indeed suck. No need to farm deaths

1. Why you using Veil in Elite? (While also standing out of range?!)

2. Run with an "Actual" Tank.

3. This will be the reason you will never become one of the "Best Elite Rogue" ;)

Meh what's death count anyway?

Means you either have an unbelievable connection, with no lagg. Or decide to play Chrome all the time.

Not usually hard to stay if you have the correct amount of HP, awesome ping, and 1000's of HP pots.

(Lagg = Non responsive to pots = Death)

Tilax
12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
super duper hard to be a tank :P

csyui
12-13-2012, 01:04 PM
As long as your armor is over 700, potion or other player's healing is not necessary anymore. :lemo:

Astrocat
12-13-2012, 01:07 PM
As long as your armor is over 700, potion or other player's healing is not necessary anymore. :lemo:

Even 500.

DontNerfMeBro
12-13-2012, 08:40 PM
I tank for groups with my rogue, or invite a lowbie and solo Jarl in 75 seconds. /flex

It's not hard. Just blow cooldowns and maximize DPS, and use potions.

Ah just spam pots. The one true solution to every aspect of character imbalance and power acquisition. Can't farm elites? Can't solo? Mauled in PVP? Gear sucks? Dumped by your boy/girlfriend? You know what to do... spam pots.

Cahaun
12-13-2012, 08:52 PM

That is correct they should have more DPS than warriors and that is fine in PVP/PVE or when in a team with a tank that properly knows how to keep agro.

When you drop your rogue down to non L16 Elite weapons or your Sorc away from L16 Elite you are talking maybe seconds on the fight and in favor you keep yourself alive.

I have no issues on my warrior with people out DPSing my tank as I can properly keep the agro on me with skills e.g. Axe Throw and other taunts.

What I have an issue with is I drop down my DPS on my Rogue or attack slower same with my Sorc and others go running in out DPSing or Attacking the Warrior and either turning the agro towards them where the other sorc and rogues are or they end up scattering the agro as they try to save themselves from the death that means nothing anyways.
I never had much trouble with agro on my mage or rogue in elite runs. Maybe we're all just good at the classes we like?