PDA

View Full Version : Fireball VS Frost Bolt

ShadowGunX
12-10-2012, 08:52 AM
So among these two great aoe skill, which one u prefer most and why?

Nightarcher
12-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I don't really think they're directly comparable. Fireball is a great Aoe; 'nuff said. Frost, while it can function as Aoe, it's better suited to situations like boss encounters—utilizing the amazing DOT—or when fighting elite mobs in groups of 1-3.

ShadowGunX
12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
frost can freeze nearby enemies also

Fao
12-10-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd say Fireball is more for a group of mobs while Frost Bolt is for taking down bosses or mini bosses, but I prefer Lightning Strike over Frost Bolt, because of you add the right things, it can hurt one enemy, and he hurts his friends, so you can kill a boss and his evil friends quicker!

primaeva
12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Frost is not intended to function as an AoE, although it has a nice small splash area and great DoT damage. As mentioned it serves best when there are less than three targets. For the record, it can stun the target of the spell indefinitely provided it's a trash mob (elite or normal, or Ghul).

Fireball really shines when you need to shut down huge packs of enemies to mitigate damage on your team. Hauntlet comes to mind here. The FB damage isn't great, but the huge AoE and stun is what matters. Along with Time Shift and Gale Force you could literally blow an entire crowd into nothingness without losing a shred of HP.

primaeva
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Frost is not intended to function as an AoE, although it has a nice small splash area and great DoT damage. As mentioned it serves best when there are less than three targets. For the record, it can stun the target of the spell indefinitely provided it's a trash mob (elite or normal, or Ghul).

Fireball really shines when you need to shut down huge packs of enemies to mitigate damage on your team. Hauntlet comes to mind here. The FB damage isn't great, but the huge AoE and stun is what matters. Along with Time Shift and Gale Force you could literally blow an entire crowd into nothingness without losing a shred of HP.

sirtibby
12-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Frost is useful as CC. You can ignore the frozen guy (while he takes damage from ice) while hitting others.

Idk if this works in elite but in regular map I can fight the snow troll while I keep the witch frozen.

Bless
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
The first skill of each classes are a must, end of. Jkjk but its half true, theyre dps all of em!

TheLowerLight
12-10-2012, 08:41 PM
I would go with frostbolt again and again

Mainly because I love freezing the mines boss before he reaches his portal, and you don't need to charge a frostbolt to get the DoT :)

DontNerfMeBro
12-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Don't hear many people mentioning the - 25%/hit perk from fireball. Complete damage mitigation from targets for 5 seconds?! Running hauntlet or boss fighting, 5 seconds is a long time.

You can even substitute this for the knock back perk to reduce displacing nicely packed enemy groups in hauntlet/kraag runs. As a matter of fact, I recommend it.

DontNerfMeBro
12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I would go with frostbolt again and again

Mainly because I love freezing the mines boss before he reaches his portal, and you don't need to charge a frostbolt to get the DoT :)

Nice. :)

Montanabro
12-18-2012, 09:11 PM
This shouldn't be an either or. Fireball is an amazing AoE and with it's knockdown upgrade it does wonders at keeping mages alive by buying you a few seconds to run closer, plop down another attack, and then run out. You really should have it unless you are experienced and have made a very custom build.