PDA

View Full Version : Hate levels over 9,000

MightyMicah
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Scanning across the Pocket Legends general discussion and pvp discussion forums I have witnessed* nothing but hate. In fact you don't have to scroll much to find several locked threads. I would just like to say a few things if y'all will give the good grace to speak them.

First of all, can we please remember that this game is a game? I know it's a difficult concept to grasp and I'm not being sarcastic when I say that. Many, many times I forget that I'm speaking with real people who have real feelings. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who won that pvp match or who looted that pink. There are many, many others things which don't matter that I won't post here because it would no doubt start a flame war. Just please think about it. A little love goes a long way.

Second, there are people from across the globe conversing here. This means that different cultural expressions as well as sarcasm and irony can be very hard to detect. To top it all off, we aren't hearing each other speak. This means that we cannot hear tone of voice which, obviously, is an essential part to all communication. Communication in this way always heads south when getting into personal stuff. That brings us to my next point.

Third, let's remember that this is a game forum about a game. Not about your pet dog. Not about my test that I have coming up. Not about my new clothes. Not about religion. Not about popcorn. Not about rainbows and unicorns. The PL general discussion is for just that. General discussion about Pocket Legends. Let us attempt to keep it there.

Fourth, let us remember that each thread has a specific purpose. Whether that purpose is, "Kin I plz has sum platinum for fwee? I haz to buy my Minotaur pet :3" or "Should rushing be considered bad?" In the first example it is very, very, easy to dismiss that person and just blow them off. Let's try not to do that. In the second example it's very easy to get caught up in the thread so much so that we turn red and start raging. Let's try not to do that. Instead, let's try and post positively and constructively just as I know the devs would wish us too.

Last, I'd like to remind us who we are. I've been to many, many video game forums and you know what I find? Pure hatred. Did you know that STS' forum is the only one I've stuck with? Why? Because I love the community. There's a ton of great people with great personality's and great ideas. That is us. We are STS community. We aren't WoW. We aren't Swtor. We aren't Gw2. We are STS. Let's try and act like it shall we?

~MM

Fao
12-10-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree!!! This is so right, I think everyone should follow this!

MightyMicah
12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I agree!!! This is so right, I think everyone should follow this!

Out of thanks, but I appreciate the enthusiasm! :D Honestly, I wish I thought like this. I gotta constantly remind myself to, but I do try. It's just that some people don't try and don't care. That's what makes me sad.

Jhawkeye
12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
But its sooooo competitive... lol i see where you're coming from though ;)

Cahaun
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Can I still post my SWB stuff in off topic? :)
I know the forums is all about STS's games, but I do love to talk to others about different stuff once in a while.
Anyways, you are like a ring of truth! Seems like people are just desperately trying to flame sometimes as if it's a joke. If we all just keep constructive posts and threads, the forums will feel a lot better to linger in.

Cascade
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Quick to think, slow to speak.

Multibird
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Totally..

Y O L O
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
i definitely agree with ur thread :monkey:

MightyMicah
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Quick to think, slow to speak.

That's a Bible verse ;)

@Cahaun Absolutely! I'm not saying we shouldn't chat about other stuff. But there ARE (for emphasis, again ;)) other areas of the forum for that. Like you said, off topic section is perfect!

OverkillED
12-11-2012, 03:46 AM
There's not a lot of hate in the WoW forums, just some QQ'ers who get killed in one deep by a mage. (I like both forums equally; STS and WoW :3)

Rot
12-11-2012, 04:08 AM
Agree 100%!

Doodlebeast
12-11-2012, 07:32 AM
We all love forum drama don't we ? :3

Rot
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
We all love forum drama don't we ? :3

More forum drama = more threads locked. :D

Astrocat
12-11-2012, 12:02 PM

More threads locked = More drama. XD

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
@Rot&Astrocat

That's exactly what I'm talking about! It's the vicious never ending cycle of drama that can only be rid of when purposefully trying to get rid of it ;)

Ephesius
12-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Hey mightymicah heres heads up, please do not rush the new people that are trying out pvp for the very first time with your fb bow in low level. Noobs are those I protect with passion, it makes them really dislike pvp and they might not pvp again ok. Just saying because yesterday you were ffa with everyone but everyone kept team you but I usually help those who get team because I am a great geneltman, remember to say go

Cascade
12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey mightymicah heres heads up, please do not rush the new people that are trying out pvp for the very first time with your fb bow in low level. Noobs are those I protect with passion, it makes them really dislike pvp and they might not pvp again ok. Just saying because yesterday you were ffa with everyone but everyone kept team you but I usually help those who get team because I am a great geneltman, remember to say go

This belongs in a PM.

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 02:08 PM

I appreciate it, man. Just to fill you in, though, that wasn't me. Shelby created a character named Mightymichah in order to play with me. My only active character is a level 50 bird named Micahreturns. Anyone else is not me.

Try to keep on topic now. That could have been sent via pm ;)

Areufa
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Cascade;888809]Quick to think, slow to speak.

That's a Bible verse ;)

Lol "Not about religion". I have no problem with this, just thought it was funny ;)

MightyMicah
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Haha! I didn't even realize that! Mainly, though, I was referring to arguments and negative comments about such stuff. :D

Kixxler
12-11-2012, 09:53 PM

The forums aren't fun without a little drama...

Mage till the end
12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I had have to agree with the fact that some take this game way to seriously. I mean come on its a game, why dont we all loosen up and be nice for a change. The fourms should be a place were people talk nicely to each other. Not where people are male snarky comments left and right trying to get thanks.

The first time I entered the fourms ( before I had my forum account) I was turnned off by a couple threads. The displayed a lack maturely and intellegance.As MM said in his post. What you post is seen be people in other country's. So please think about what you post. You would not want some one bad mouthing you culture.

Traebeles99
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
You almost made me cry with ur kind words *Sobs in the corner* lol.

Doodlebeast
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I am a great geneltman
Geneltman ???
Shuw meh hao tu be a geneltman plox :wink:

ShadowGunX
12-12-2012, 04:54 AM
this is d BEST thread i hav ever went through.

The Sadness
12-12-2012, 06:51 AM
I would call it immaturity, but I completely agree with the sentiment that is being conveyed here.

The Black Eyed Peas nailed it with their song: Where is the Love?

Multibird
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM
please stop trolling on the forums and trashing someones hard work.