PDA

View Full Version : My Rogue Build

Bongimus
12-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I got tired of getting 1-2 shotted so i experimented around and ended up with an all around good build.

First all, this build is a str build. Either put all points into str or do what i did and go 70 str 20 dex. This puts me at 1035 hp, 113 damage, 415 armor and 176% bonus damage and 16% crit with horton.

For skills i use shadow piercer (2 and 4), aim shot (max), shadow veil (1 3 and 4), and combat medic (2 and 3).

I use the Agile Lifethief of Force for weapon and all my other gear is max dex.

Most people will knock the full str build citing the low damage, but i have found that for some reason, any version of the lifethief blades does higher damage spikes but slower with normal attack and the heartseekers do lower damage spikes but faster.

Even though i have low damage i crit constantly usually 250-400 with normal attack which is more than enough to constantly take aggro. I can survive 1 red attack from the Jarl easily and can survive any initial rush on elite maps. Hope you guys find this useful if your tired of getting pummeled and your opinions are appreciated.

Duflie
12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
I find this build to be very useful against farming elites. I'm planning on using a STR build next patch b/c I doubt farming elites will be so easy.

Ozwald
12-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I am currently level 10 using your build as a template. I have to say I'm a beast I can take any bosses full attention for a short time and am delivering some massive crits. I believe you're onto something.

ShadowGunX
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
i will b almost pure dex (15str nd 10int nd rest dex) wen rogue get bow.

Crystalite
12-11-2012, 10:24 PM
As you've mentioned, there might be peeps who frown on rogues who add str. But I don't see whats wrong with adding some str for survivability and working in other areas to make up for it. (e.g. Spending gold on certain more expensive gear, being more diligent at using skills, etc)

What is most important is to have fun(lets be honest, nobody likes to die), being original and testing out different builds and in essence focusing on enjoying the game instead of maximizing/minimizing everything (a pure dex rogue might make runs faster, especially if you shave off a min for every run and you run like 500 runs a day. But hey, some peeps PLAY this game, not WORK on it like a 2nd job)

I've seen representatives from all classes with top end gear but for some reason still do weird stuff like running around while having agro and exposing other players to the red light area, agro-ing other groups of mobs while on boss, a warrior standing beside a squishy rogue/sorc and taunting the boss with horn renew when there is already a tank standing on the opposite side (imo if you want to do stuff like that, at least move to the other side from the squishies), rogues with 200dmg dashing ahead of the tank and unleashing everything they have got immediately, etc.

Having a good set of gear or skill build is really only the beginning. What matters most if your attitude, and whether you are a team player or not.

So long as your party members don't mind, I say focus on whatever makes you happy first. Cheers :)

Tuik
12-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I've been using 60dex/30str for some time and figured I'd go for 60str/30dex until I hit the new level cap. Soloing Elite Jarl is almost too easy now, I can screw up everything horribly and still pull it off in 3-4 minutes. The only problem I really have is the group of goblins before Jarl, they force me to use a few potions to survive.

I'm using Lifethief's and didn't really notice my damage(normal hits) suffering from the -30dex at all.