PDA

View Full Version : Archer Blast Shot not working properly?

Druc
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I've seen the same problem with blast shot since the last patch.

When using blast shot at a distance (max distance for a heavy xbow but still able to kite and snipe the target) it doesn't work. No drop in health of the target, blast radius, or any chests in it's vicinity open, however the mana does drop and the refresh kicks in. It works fine at a closer range like it should but it seems the distance has been dropped?

Any one else seen this or has this been explained already?

Banned
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I noticed this to. Must be a bug.

Druc
04-23-2010, 05:21 PM
just tested a bit further and it doesn't appear to be working at 3/4-1/2 max distance either, almost need to be right beside them for the effect to work.

nathanyc
04-24-2010, 01:01 AM
yea its definately bugged. if it has a max range less than heavy xbow then it shouldnt cast and waste the mana and cooldown. I think thats the problem right now

Splurd
04-24-2010, 03:48 AM
It is due to the fact you are out of the blast shot's range, so if you cast it, it cant reach.

Just pretend the explosives you attach to your arrow makes it heavier so they dont fly as far as cross bow bolts.

Odvar
04-24-2010, 04:33 AM
It is due to the fact you are out of the blast shot's range, so if you cast it, it cant reach.

Just pretend the explosives you attach to your arrow makes it heavier so they dont fly as far as cross bow bolts.

But is this intended?? Or a bug?

Pixxie
04-24-2010, 04:45 AM

Sounds bugged to me... or at least its not documented.

Splurd
04-24-2010, 05:07 AM

Its not a bug really.

It is just that blast shot has a limited range, and crossbow range > blast shot range.

So if you use a bow, I dont think you will get this problem.

I could be mistaken, but so far I've never had problems. I just wait till they get closer before blasting them.

King Richie
04-24-2010, 06:50 AM
no that is not a bug if you read what they say about the crossbow they say that the crossbow has the biggest range of all the archers weapons so far infact that even some of your skills can not reach the target !

you just have to wait for the enemy to literally take 2 steps forward then u can hit them

nerdherd
04-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Bump, I have this same problem. Crossbows have a long range and blast shot doesn't make it that far. Sounds like a bug, because you're theoretically shooting your blast shot from the bow you are currently using so the range should be equal to that bows range. At worst, it shouldn't shoot it if the target is out of range.

asommers
04-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Blast Shot isn't from the bow. You can have a sword equipped and still use Blast Shot. It has its own range.

-ALS

nerdherd
05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Blast Shot isn't from the bow. You can have a sword equipped and still use Blast Shot. It has its own range.

-ALS
Touché... :D

Fine, pleeeeeeeeeeease can you make it have the same range as the bow you're currently using and if you're using a sword then have it go the default range?

Splurd
05-02-2010, 03:25 AM

Fine, pleeeeeeeeeeease can you make it have the same range as the bow you're currently using and if you're using a sword then have it go the default range?

Then that is just asking for your skill to be more imba...

King Richie
05-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Its not bugged !! Thats the way it is soppoused to be !!

Druc
05-03-2010, 11:10 AM

I don't think it should be the same range as the bow you are using as I do agree some bows do fire farther then others, but at least have a message come up when you are not at the correct distance (sort of like the current 'You cannot cast while moving' that some skills have). At the moment you need to guess the distance to the target and if the skill doesn't work, you still have mana drop and the skill refresh.

SlipperyJim
05-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I don't think it should be the same range as the bow you are using as I do agree some bows do fire farther then others, but at least have a message come up when you are not at the correct distance (sort of like the current 'You cannot cast while moving' that some skills have). At the moment you need to guess the distance to the target and if the skill doesn't work, you still have mana drop and the skill refresh.
Agreed. I understand that Blast Shot could be unbalanced if it had the same range as my crossbow. So how about a simple error message when I try to Blast Shot a mob who isn't in range? Alternately, perhaps the game could "hold" my Blast Shot until the mob comes into range, and then auto-release it?

As it is now, I have to guess the actual range on my Blast Shot. When I guess wrong, I've wasted mana and cooldown time. I don't mind losing the mana so much, because an archer never runs out of mana, but having to wait for the cooldown is most annoying.