PDA

View Full Version : Before buying in CS, click show stats first :)

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 07:40 PM
This tip can be useful to anyone, especially those who are trying to get the best stats they can with what little gold they have.

*When buying accessories, i.e. rings, pendants, it's better to opt for legendaries, rather than elite pinks, especially when your spending your hard earned gold. You can even opt for epic ones.

Take for example, Mighty Jeweled Pendant of Assault 16, with 21str, 11 dex and 3.7dmg. Normally, this sells for 200k in auction.
Let's put Infused ring of Potency 16 in the equation, with 19 str, 10 int, 3.4dmg. Normally, this sells for 20k in auction.

See the difference in price and stats? Is it worth it to spend your goldx10 on this items? What you save from buying accessories, you can instead use for buying armor and weapons which has a higher difference in stats compared to norm legendary items.

*As with the title, before buying in auction house, make sure to click show stats first and check out what that new purchase of yours can do for you. Don't be all "ERMAHGERD, ITS THE BEST ELITE ITEM, BUUUUYYYYYYYY!"

From the example above, if you're equipped with infused ring of potency and checks out the mighty pendant of assault, *as a warrior*, the damage increase you will gain is 1.4dmg, and an additional 20hp. With a difference in the dex and int stats of course.

Examples aside, when it comes to accessories, check what they can do for you first, check the difference, and most of all check the pricetag. Unless elite accessories prices comes close to normal legendaries, which i highly doubt, be smart about it. If you get an elite accessory by farming, I still suggest you sell it, then opt for the cheaper ones. You help an uber-perfectionist player get his item, and you get to be rich. Win-win right? :biggrin:

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks..

oh nice guide. lol finally read all xD

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Try to post in Guide Section next time. :)

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I wanted to, but the post new thread didn't appear. So I opted here instead. :)

Astrocat
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
I wanted to, but the post new thread didn't appear. So I opted here instead. :)

Oh hey Stig! :)

Zaonabiuibil
12-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, they don't allow threads to be made in the guide section (too much clutter), so they ask to make it in general, then send a PM to Samhayne or report the thread and ask for it to be moved to guides!

Deadbite
12-10-2012, 07:58 PM
You have to post in here to have it moved to guide sections. Just pm Samhayne to have him move it to the guide section

Was beat to it.... ignore this

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Oh hey Stig! :)

hi astro! :)

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh ok, thanks.

Samhayne, please move this post to guide section. Thanks. :)

Deadbite
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh ok, thanks.

Samhayne, please move this post to guide section. Thanks. :)

uhhhh you have to send him a PM not make a post...

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks..

oh nice guide. lol finally read all xD

Haha, kinda felt it with those two sarcastic dots after thanks. :chuncky:

Well, thanks for reading now.

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
uhhhh you have to send him a PM not make a post...

uhhh sorry, my bad.

Deadbite
12-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Fixed *your welcome*

parnasofication
12-10-2012, 08:27 PM
sorry for helping my bad.

hmm no, i actually pm'ed him after your advise. whats up with the apology lol. thanks, if i forgot to mention it.

Steverd
12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Wait - but I 'NEED' the +2 Str and 0.3mg increase!!!

Deadbite
12-10-2012, 09:02 PM
sorry for helping my bad.

hmm no, i actually pm'ed him after your advise. whats up with the apology lol. thanks, if i forgot to mention it.

Thought u was being sarcastic my bad!

DontNerfMeBro
12-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Um.. We appreciate your effort for sure but this is hardly a guide. It IS a rather verbose game tip like "don't eat yellow snow" or "brush between meals for better oral hygiene".

At ANY rate, something to support this thread...

When browsing for better gear, I (with show stats clicked ;) enter search parameters, and stare at the stat I KNOW I want more of or KNOW I don't want less than and scroll thru the gear real fast.

This is also a simple tip. you should still avoid eating yellow snow.

parnasofication
12-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Um.. We appreciate your effort for sure but this is hardly a guide. It IS a rather verbose game tip like "don't eat yellow snow" or "brush between meals for better oral hygiene".

At ANY rate, something to support this thread...

When browsing for better gear, I (with show stats clicked ;) enter search parameters, and stare at the stat I KNOW I want more of or KNOW I don't want less than and scroll thru the gear real fast.

This is also a simple tip. you should still avoid eating yellow snow.

I will do sir, thank you so much for the simple tip. I'll think of you every time I encounter yellow snow, and do my best NOT TO EAT IT. :)

Babbare
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Those who want to buy x10 the price for an extra 1-2 stat point to me are just doing something dumb. Good job wasting a million on your gear! Good luck trying to get your money back with the new cap in a week!

gundamsone
12-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Those who want to buy x10 the price for an extra 1-2 stat point to me are just doing something dumb. Good job wasting a million on your gear! Good luck trying to get your money back with the new cap in a week!

Looks like you're not familiar with MMOs.
People will pay a substantial amount more to acquire the "BEST" in any game.
If they have the money why not? The items are at those prices b/c people do buy them so it's not like the markets manipulated

Babbare
12-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Actually I'm very familiar to MMO games. Those who got them in my view are stupid. Best gear in game, and it'll be outdated in a week with a green easily. Your money, but bad investment. A simple +1 for my stat points isn't worth 1m.

This game is also manipulated by anyone. I can easily put something worth 1k, buy the market of it and have it for 20k. Not stable.

parnasofication
12-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Different kinds of players, different kinds of spenders. I made this post(not a guide, i might offend someone again) hoping to balance the issues between this kinds of players. I've seen a lot of post saying "Gears are too expensive! I can't afford it!". Well, the problem exists when you have little money to spend, and a perfectionist ego to satisfy. So as a balance, with their gold, they can be smart about it and opt for the best things they can afford with what little money they have.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:08 AM
Actually I'm very familiar to MMO games. Those who got them in my view are stupid. Best gear in game, and it'll be outdated in a week with a green easily. Your money, but bad investment. A simple +1 for my stat points isn't worth 1m.

This game is also manipulated by anyone. I can easily put something worth 1k, buy the market of it and have it for 20k. Not stable.

That is basically how an MMORPG works.

Nightarcher
12-12-2012, 07:28 PM
This is great advice... But how is this a "guide"? ;)

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 09:16 PM
This is great advice... But how is this a "guide"? ;)

No one knows! :D

parnasofication
12-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Try to post in Guide Section next time. :)

No one knows! :D

Hey! It was your idea Astro! :P

Astrocat
12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey! It was your idea Astro! :P

Nuuuu xD Wait how? O.o

parnasofication
12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Nuuuu xD Wait how? O.o

You!!!!!!!! I'll take everything you say from now on with a hint of sarcasm! :D

Astrocat
12-14-2012, 07:10 PM
You!!!!!!!! I'll take everything you say from now on with a hint of sarcasm! :D

Fine then -_-

Wiress
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
[U] "ERMAHGERD, ITS THE BEST ELITE ITEM, BUUUUYYYYYYYY!"[/B]

^^That would have been me before reading this post (if I ever had the money to buy the most expensive item:biggrin:). So, thanks!