PDA

View Full Version : Headcount

AbsolutePally
12-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Any old timers that have quit/inactive coming back to check out the new content?
New content meaning heroic dungeon, new classes, new gear.

If so comment!! Maybe this can coax friends of the past to play again, if they see others :)

Let everyone know what the biggest lure is, or if it doesn't suit you and why.

Zeus
12-11-2012, 05:42 AM
I logged on yesterday to check out the update, unsure though if I would play again. Maybe during winter break if I find a week or two that I'm bored with nothing to do...

Rot
12-11-2012, 05:47 AM
The biggest lure? Rhino and Fox doubtlessly! :3

Riccits
12-11-2012, 06:31 AM
iam still playing ;) but mostly only when iam on hometrainer. PL really needs some new stuff to attract ppl, or get them back...
ATM, if u not logging on at the right time, theres kinda noone on... not even enough ppl to stick a team to farm...
i think most PL players moved to AL, idk how much thers to do atm, but i am pretty sure every PL player wants to try the new classes.

Patricks
12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
What's there to do in PL nowadays? Theres been practically zero advancement in gameplay for a long time. And many of the vets are super rich in-game to the point that there's no point in farming. Just buy whatever you want from CS, no problem.

Everyone's in AL right now, but I don't think AL will have as much longevity as PL has had. I hope it will tho.

Noodleleg
12-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I logged on yesterday to check out the update, unsure though if I would play again. Maybe during winter break if I find a week or two that I'm bored with nothing to do...

Yah, 'dis noob needed help from 'dis one XD!

CrimsonTider
12-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I have been secretly inactive for 2 months. I will look at both classes but unless the daily content and other aspects of AL makes it to PL, it is still the same ole PL.

Walkhardd
12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
I'll be checkin out the new stuff. I probably wont play much, though. The game just doesn't hold my interest anymore. :/

Seminole
12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Any old timers that have quit/inactive coming back to check out the new content?
New content meaning heroic dungeon, new classes, new gear.

If so comment!! Maybe this can coax friends of the past to play again, if they see others :)

Let everyone know what the biggest lure is, or if it doesn't suit you and why.

Meh, no point. Itll take 3 level caps in order to compete with other classes because of "vanities". Plus the leveling up will cost at least 400 dollars for 76 and 2 more level caps. Plus the gear you need to farm. Def not worth it for me

Superduper
12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I will give the rhino and fox a day. Maybe, then back to GW2!

AbsolutePally
12-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Well that's good. I was thinking of checking it out. New classes, new skills for existing classes. It'll probably just peak my interest but fade away after I gain a decent understanding if the new dynamics, unless ofc they're insanely deep.

Cascade
12-11-2012, 11:53 PM
I'll definitely check it out.

Rawrimafish
12-12-2012, 12:09 AM
apollo quit?
@apollo if you NEVER come back, can i have zeus? :D

Seminole
12-12-2012, 02:17 AM
apollo quit?
@apollo if you NEVER come back, can i have zeus? :D

No he didnt quit. Hes level 76, frequents the forums and will most likely play the game again very soon. If he doesnt already...

Zeus
12-12-2012, 04:00 AM
No he didnt quit. Hes level 76, frequents the forums and will most likely play the game again very soon. If he doesnt already...

I did quit for two months, technically, I am still inactive as I haven't been on.

I'm not even sure if I want to give the classes another time, not sure if they're worth my effort.

XghostzX
12-12-2012, 08:10 AM
I'm half inactive... After two and a half years of playing the game, I can't let STS keep taking my money for something I don't really have a passion for.

But as others said, I'll be interested in the dynamics of the new classes. However, with the unbalanced classes at end game right now, i doubt it'll be any better.

Although, I'm excited to see the new gear that the classes will use! (Daggers for fox, 2h sword for rhino, or just new gear?)

CrimsonTider
12-12-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm half inactive... After two and a half years of playing the game, I can't let STS keep taking my money for something I don't really have a passion for.

But as others said, I'll be interested in the dynamics of the new classes. However, with the unbalanced classes at end game right now, i doubt it'll be any better.

Although, I'm excited to see the new gear that the classes will use! (Daggers for fox, 2h sword for rhino, or just new gear?)

Agreed. The ONLY reason I am giving it one more go is because I still have quite a bit of plat from Blacksmoke release and cannot transfer it to AL. (stupid Apple.)

dudetus
12-12-2012, 09:12 AM

If u want to be op pick the rhino.

If u want to be pro pick the fox.

wvhills
12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
the only way I'd come back is if they do away with plat elixirs.

AbsolutePally
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Agreed. The ONLY reason I am giving it one more go is because I still have quite a bit of plat from Blacksmoke release and cannot transfer it to AL. (stupid Apple.)

Ha yeah, I've some plat to burn too.

Hopefully w 5 classes and us not all looking the same we can finally have class specific gear!

We need to lobby for that.

Energizeric
12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I've been logging on just to get my daily blessings, but even one day last week when I got a 3x combo I didn't bother to do any farming. I log in, merch for about 5 minutes (look through CS, buy some items, list some items) then log off.

When the update comes later this week I will surely check it out and maybe play some this coming weekend. Whether I play or not really depends on if there is anything at all for me to do in PL. I need something that's a challenge, and not the kind of challenge that means running the same dungeon over and over one thousand times. I mean something like very rare gear that costs 2 gold caps, or a boss that is almost impossible to beat, etc. Otherwise I'll continue spending most of my time on AL where it is actually a challenge (have you tried to beat the elite bosses there? very difficult!)

Drizzid
12-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Ill probably create a couple new toons, and get rid of my leftover plat, but for now I'm really digging AL so ill probably go back when the level cap is raised.

Vamp
12-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Not impressed. New classes? We never needed one...we needed balance of the existing classes. Wrong solution to old problems. They increased the skill cap to 9, awesome, now the game is broken as ever. Also, they rehash holiday items...once again, just like old times. They did not fix a single problem in this update. They just offered candies hoping you forget the issues. Their ad for this update has the word "Rediscover" in it, I'm guessing they're trying to attract people who left the game similar to what SWTOR is trying to do now. Being that player, I check it out once again for longer than 5 minutes and I realize that the game still suffers from the same problems. I'm more convinced now that Pocket Legends is a dead game. It didn't even reach mainstream and it's already obsolete. Classic MMO with high promises but mediocre delivery *cough* SWTOR*. The only decent reviews of the game was back at 2010 when it launched...now, nobody even gives a kitten about this game in the mainstream. No wonder NCSoft pulled the plug on Spacetime a couple of years ago, there must have been something that turned them off. Oh well...back to Guildwars 2 :D

PS: But I enjoy foruming because this one has high level of drama than other mmo forums :D