PDA

View Full Version : Where to train?

sykopaf
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Hmmm... was just wondering where would be the best place to train and level for a level 32? Thank you!

GaZz
09-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Wherever you get XP.

Lost Expedition or Croc Swamp. More than likely Swamp.

sykopaf
09-16-2010, 11:23 AM
im not really sure how this works? Haha is it like at some places you get more XP?

Vyvin
09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
And or AO!
/Vyvin

GaZz
09-16-2010, 11:35 AM
im not really sure how this works? Haha is it like at some places you get more XP?

To be crude..XP ranges from none to lots.

If you kill mobs too low for your level (indicated by the small coloured blob to the left of the mob health when you target it) you won't get XP. If you kill mobs appropriate for your level (Lost Exp. or Croc Swamp) you will get some XP.... if you kill mobs significantly higher than your level (Alien Oasis) you will get a larger amount of XP.

You'll struggle to get in a group for Alien Oasis.. people will boot you for not being high enough level to be effective. Your best bet is Swamp to be honest.... until level 39.

sykopaf
09-16-2010, 11:46 AM
thanks mate

Royce
09-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Basically campaigns have 5 level ranges (except Forest Haven). Forest haven is 1-10, Dark Forest 10-15, Balefort 15-20, Fathom 20-25, Lost Expedition 25-30, the Swamps and Skeller are both 30-35, AO1 35-40, and AO2 40-45 (not sure what levels Frozen Nightmare is exactly; it just says 30+). You can gain extra XP when you play in a dungeon above your level. When you play in a dungeon below your level, you get reduced XP until you are 3 levels above when you get no XP at all. So for example, as a 32, you can still get reduced (1/3 I think) XP in Lost Expedition, but once you reach 33, you will no longer get any XP there.

GaZz
09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
That's a better explanation. :)

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Btw, I noticed less and less games exist in the higher maps. Is there something I'm not seeing or doing yet? Still level 30.

Royce
09-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Btw, I noticed less and less games exist in the higher maps. Is there something I'm not seeing or doing yet? Still level 30.

It's likely that what you're seeing is that there are less games with spots open. Full games do not appear in the list. Also, there are two redundant campaigns for levels 30-35, so that splits the amount of players. Finally, many players make the unfortunate choice once they reach the mid-twenties or so, of skipping all the upper-middle campaigns, and just leeching/powerleveling in AO. This is much less common than it was not long ago, since the swamp nerf made it another joke of a campaign, and some Lesser Djinn were tossed in to regulate the Mynas powerleveling craze, but it still happens a good bit.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Oooo, so it means there are even more games being played, but full? I might get into mid 30's soon and I'd want to go do swamp (or whichever is after lost expedition). Your last few sentences I could not understand mostly cause I'm still new, but hopefully in time :P Thank you royce.

Kurlz
09-19-2010, 02:28 AM
Oooo, so it means there are even more games being played, but full? I might get into mid 30's soon and I'd want to go do swamp (or whichever is after lost expedition). Your last few sentences I could not understand mostly cause I'm still new, but hopefully in time :P Thank you royce.

the swamps were, at one point, the hardest level set in the game (including AO1 & 2) but the were nerfed (shot down) to cater to people who couldnt be bothered to play a level that actualy gauranteed they die a few times.

yesIManoob
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah swamps is obviously not as hard as it used to be. The bosses used to 1 hit KO pretty much anyone. Also, the first half of Tombs of Mynas used to only consist of mummies, and people kept remaking the game right before they got to the Lesser Djinns. Now they put Djinn near the beginning and also made the drops much worse (WTF?!)

Xcelerator
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Croc swamp is good from 30-37 in my opinion. It's good xp and it's pretty quick if you're playing with a good group. Also, pretty good item drops.

supremo502
11-16-2010, 11:01 AM
ao2 . just leech ktnx