PDA

View Full Version : Warrior DPS vs Other Classes

Nutstomper
12-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey all, just wondering if there was a consensus or general understanding of how much DPS a warrior can do compares to the other two classes? Seems like the other classes can be support as well as DPS. Is it viable currently for a Warrior DPSer, or would it make more sense to tank?

Wizard_Mike
12-11-2012, 02:24 PM
My warrior is a tank, so I'm not sure, but I imagine a warrior can fill the dps role just fine. It just depends on your set of abilities and how you distribute his stats and outfit him.

That being said, I don't think the highest dps spec of a warrior is going to out-dps the highest dps spec of a rogue.

I don't know any actual figures, or anything. Just going off gut feeling, so I could be completely wrong.

Kenoon
12-11-2012, 02:33 PM
It is said that rogue's certain weapon are bugged and that their normal attack can dish out significant damage just by normal hits.
With the new passive skills to come, i believe we have much more room for improvement in terms of damage upgrades.

primaeva
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
For a short-term fight, Juggernaut + Vengeful Blood buff plus Vorpal and Shiloh Buff (+40Str) might make a warrior hit really hard.

The problem is, only Chest Splitter is on a 3s cooldown, and Smash is on 4. The DPS classes are characterized by short cooldown spells that allow spamming while Autoattacking and granting self-buffs.

Rogue: Noxious Bolt, Aimed Shot, Shadow Piercer are on TWO-SECOND cooldowns. Smoke Bomb grants party-wide damage buff, Piercer and Aimed grant Armor Reduction, Noxious increases damage taken significantly.
Sorcs: Icebolt / Fireball / Lightning Strike on 3s cool-downs with minor DoT effects and secondary CC effects.

Unless some warrior skills are reworked, it's unlikely they'll function as the role of DPS anytime soon. Do consider that the armor on warr pieces is also innately higher, clearly cutting out their role for them.

Cahaun
12-11-2012, 04:22 PM
For a short-term fight, Juggernaut + Vengeful Blood buff plus Vorpal and Shiloh Buff (+40Str) might make a warrior hit really hard.

The problem is, only Chest Splitter is on a 3s cooldown, and Smash is on 4. The DPS classes are characterized by short cooldown spells that allow spamming while Autoattacking and granting self-buffs.

Rogue: Noxious Bolt, Aimed Shot, Shadow Piercer are on TWO-SECOND cooldowns. Smoke Bomb grants party-wide damage buff, Piercer and Aimed grant Armor Reduction, Noxious increases damage taken significantly.
Sorcs: Icebolt / Fireball / Lightning Strike on 3s cool-downs with minor DoT effects and secondary CC effects.

Unless some warrior skills are reworked, it's unlikely they'll function as the role of DPS anytime soon. Do consider that the armor on warr pieces is also innately higher, clearly cutting out their role for them.
Smoke bombs aren't a party wide damage buff. The shadow damage buff goes only to the rogues using shadow piercer. The party buff that comes from smoke bomb is an increase in armor.

ShadowGunX
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM
SM is nt DPS skill. DPS means dmg per sec. As WM hit more then SM so WM is a true DPS skill.

primaeva
12-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Smoke bombs aren't a party wide damage buff. The shadow damage buff goes only to the rogues using shadow piercer. The party buff that comes from smoke bomb is an increase in armor.

Yes, they are.

"While standing in the Shadow Veil you and your allies deal 15% more damage." - Arcane Legends.

Even before patch it was a MANA REDUCTION upgrade. Not sure where you got your facts from :x

@ShadowGunX: Smash has a 4 sec cooldown while WM is on a 10. That's 2.5 Smashes for every WM cast. Also, WM hits only up till 3 targets. Plus you can autoattack right after a Smash. As far as DPS skills go, if you consider WM a DPS skill-- Smash definitely qualifies as well.

ShadowGunX
12-12-2012, 04:29 AM
lol ok. bt SM hit slow (stuck in sky for 1sec nd 1sec to land hammer on enemies) i dnt count on CD. i count on avg dmg done on specific given time.

primaeva
12-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Well, it doesn't matter how slow the animation is actually, as long as it goes on CD once cast, you'll have a Smash every 4 sec. But oh well. WHY NOT BOTH. Yeahhh!

Cahaun
12-12-2012, 06:04 AM

Yes, they are.

"While standing in the Shadow Veil you and your allies deal 15% more damage." - Arcane Legends.

Even before patch it was a MANA REDUCTION upgrade. Not sure where you got your facts from :x
I never noticed that they changed the earlier buff from the smoke bomb into an increased damage buff for the entire party. It used to just be a mana reduction for shadow piercer.
You misconstrued what I was saying after that. I was never saying that it used to give armor. I was mentioning the other party wide buff.
I get my facts from the facts themselves

primaeva
12-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I never noticed that they changed the earlier buff from the smoke bomb into an increased damage buff for the entire party. It used to just be a mana reduction for shadow piercer.
You misconstrued what I was saying after that. I was never saying that it used to give armor. I was mentioning the other party wide buff.
I get my facts from the facts themselves

I did not misconstrue anything. You said "the shadow DAMAGE buff goes only to the rogue using shadow piercer". If you were ignorant of the change, that's one thing-- if you thought it added damage to shadow piercer, it's another.

"I get my facts from the facts themselves." <-- huh? Not as far as this thread goes.

With all due respect, we're done here.