PDA

View Full Version : is it just me

dtandel10
12-11-2012, 06:49 PM
is it just me who uses crazy amount of pot to survive i have like 3 deaths and about 300 kills lvl 9 but 3 deaths is only because i used lots of pot if i didnt i would have had 25 deaths or so

also how much health and amour do i need to solo. i like to solo most the time but dont wanna use 100 pots for one solo run worrier i would use like about 5-8 pots and only when facing boss and why do i run out of mana so quickly spam 3 skills and bam no mana left

mage have to use alot of mana and hp pots not fair

Vystirch
12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
yes its just you.... i have a mage rogues and warrior that use little to no pots.

asifaiab
12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
watcher tomb gave me my first death

ShadowGunX
12-11-2012, 10:06 PM
use warrior if u like doing farming nd soloing

dtandel10
12-12-2012, 06:46 AM
use warrior if u like doing farming nd soloing

worriers are strong but not fun to play with no offence

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Still not dead here. I have 126,969 kills, with 0 death. /Joking. :fatigue:

TheLowerLight
12-12-2012, 09:24 AM
is it just me who uses crazy amount of pot to survive i have like 3 deaths and about 300 kills lvl 9 but 3 deaths is only because i used lots of pot if i didnt i would have had 25 deaths or so

also how much health and amour do i need to solo. i like to solo most the time but dont wanna use 100 pots for one solo run worrier i would use like about 5-8 pots and only when facing boss and why do i run out of mana so quickly spam 3 skills and bam no mana left

mage have to use alot of mana and hp pots not fair

It's "warrior".
If the problem is survivability, then spec for it. A solo build means 3 in str and 3 in your main stat every level.
Are you a dex sorceror or something? Because you say you can't survive and run out of mana quickly. Where are you stat points going lol?

dtandel10
12-12-2012, 09:58 AM
It's "warrior".
If the problem is survivability, then spec for it. A solo build means 3 in str and 3 in your main stat every level.
Are you a dex sorceror or something? Because you say you can't survive and run out of mana quickly. Where are you stat points going lol?

i put 2str and 4 int maybe its the gears but ill get good ones when i get to 15

Chanyu96
12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Don't worry, just spend on pots until level cap. If you don't have money stick with warriors back. When you reach level cap you can run over and over for kills and loots.

Energizeric
12-13-2012, 01:20 AM
My first few days of playing my sorcerer I had my mind set on keeping a really good K/D ratio. But then after reaching 16, and buying good gear, I realized that if K/D ratio was important, then I should have been a warrior....

Unfortunately if you ever want to farm the elite dungeons for good pinks, then you are going to die often. My sorcerer has 360+ armor and 130+ dmg, and even with all of that I can get one-hit by the elite bosses and be dead. I've been doing elite Jarl runs for a couple of days now, and on average I die about once every 3-4 runs. I've tried all different strategies and that is simply the reality of the game.

If you want to concentrate on K/D ratio I would suggest you make sure your armor is really high and make sure your damage is under 100. Because even with 140 dmg, I am still pulling the boss away from the warriors and he comes after me. Not always, but often enough, and there is no time to react and get out of there when it happens. I see some players walking around who have around 190 dmg and only 300 armor -- with these stats it would be even worse.

Yes, being the damage dealer is lots of fun. But it also means you will be the one who gets targeted first, and will die the most often. Or you could just be a support mage, concentrate on healing, have high armor, etc. Or you could just avoid the elite dungeons all together. Then you have a great chance at survival.

But if you want to have the most fun playing, I suggest you just be what you are supposed to be as a mage -- the best damage dealer. And don't worry about dying. Worry about accumulating large amounts of kills, and accumulating good gear and money. In case you didn't notice, the leader boards have no category for K/D ratio. They only have total kills. I think that was intentional as the developers realized how this game works.

primaeva
12-13-2012, 01:34 AM
It's true it's all too easy to pull aggro away from some warriors. The trick is to recognize what sort of warrior you have. Some (or maybe most) warriors spec pure DPS to level and just want to mess around in Jarl without a respec. Some don't even understand the concept of tanking.

If he's not wielding a Trollbane or Vorpal, don't go full out.
If he's using a starter pet, don't go full out.

You may relax if you notice him casting Horn of Renew with a taunt and notice his CS exclamation marks pop out often-- he's probably got his mind set on tanking. And if he spins like a maniac while windmilling,.. just turn on your retard radar and autoattack in these cases. No aggro pull, no mana spent, done.

ShadowGunX
12-13-2012, 05:54 AM
m using trollbabe nd starter pet guapo :O nd his my fav as he does 20% total armour debuff :-D