PDA

View Full Version : Ups and Downs of classes?

Leftro
12-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi just wondering what the ups and downs for each class is. I put it in GD for more views and comments hopefully. Thanks! (Thinking about making a guide except don't know much about warrior/rogue.

Astrocat
12-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Well I guess warrior (IMO) has good health and armour, and also good looks. Bad things for it, again IMO, is the damage. It's good, but not as good as Sorcerers and Rogues. I guess you will hear a lot ''Warriors are overpowered!'', but you know, each class is different. :P

CosmoxKramer
12-11-2012, 09:40 PM
probably better to play each class before you write a guide for a class you don't know :), just saying

xcainnblecterx
12-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Ive only played sorcerer, but id say the good things i see is its versatile. You can be all out damage with fire, ice, lighting, and hurricane, a support mage that weakens enimes over time and heal with :heal, time, shield, and curse. Or can do a little of both and mix it up

Babbare
12-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Mage - HEYYYYYY I GET HIT BY ANYTHING AND IM ALMOST DEAD!

Yakiniku
12-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Here's my .02

Mage positives - Very versatile. Mages make a great attack-support hybrid class. Not that anybody would care to notice anything but your aoe, but you can also be the glue that holds a team together with your support and debuff skills. Downside is, well mages can be squishy if not properly thought out. Though if you go to the sorc forums here, you'll see some pretty tough mages. Mage single target damage is pretty good too, though I'd say rogues are better at this.

Mage negatives - Very mana intensive. Get a good pet with mana regen or prepare to chug pots in long boss fights.

Rogue positives - Amazingly fun, high single target damage. This is the boss killer. Decent survivability if built right, but it can be tough to strike that perfect balance between DEX, HP and MP. Success is highly gear dependent, even more than mage IMHO.

Rogue negatives - Kind of meh aoe damage, but that's not the rogue's purpose. Also if built incorrectly, rogues can be even squishier than mages. Due to their need for THREE stats (as opposed to mage's two), rogues are also heavy pot chuggers since either HP or MP often suffers in favor of DEX until you get good gear. Something else I noticed is that rogues tend to get forgotten in terms of healing. So unless you're with guildies who understand the need for a good rogue, or just a plain out good team, you're on your own.

primaeva
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Ups of a rogue:

Solo.

Downs of a rogue:

See those potions? They have to be restocked to 1000+ daily. Also, Hauntlet + Kraag + speed levelling -- being a mage was far more effective. (I have a 16 sorc as well.)

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:53 AM
probably better to play each class before you write a guide for a class you don't know :), just saying

If this was for me, then yes, I have played all classes. ;)

DontNerfMeBro
12-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Rogues have an AWESOME passive teleport ability. When fighting, your rogue will be reduced to zero HP. When this happens you AUTOMATICALLY teleport back to the beginning of the map AND get full health!

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Rogues have an AWESOME passive teleport ability. When fighting, your rogue will be reduced to zero HP. When this happens you AUTOMATICALLY teleport back to the beginning of the map AND get full health!

Lmao xD