PDA

View Full Version : Real Founder, or not?

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Ok, so, apparently, we call the items from store ''Founders'' when they're not truly Founders. I don't get the point of this, if we ''have to buy them fast before they go away'' or ''prove you have been there since the beginning of the game with these Founders'' when you read this:

Like all items in Arcane Legends, they will be tradeable and we imagine there will be a pretty big secondary market for these items on the Consignment Shop.

What is the point? Why not make REAL Founders?

Also, about these ''Founders'': http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78978-Founders-what-will-happen

akfury
12-12-2012, 12:45 PM
That text was about the sorc rifles ...

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
That text was about the sorc rifles ...

Read again.

Like all items in Arcane Legends, they will be tradeable and we imagine there will be a pretty big secondary market for these items on the Consignment Shop.

akfury
12-12-2012, 12:48 PM
He's talking about rifles... But the founders gear idk if they will be discontinued and become non tradable ... They might stay up for grabs who knows...

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 12:54 PM
He's talking about rifles... But the founders gear idk if they will be discontinued and become non tradable ... They might stay up for grabs who knows...

Read again Ak! He talk about rifles with ''they will be tradeable'' but the ''LIKE ALL ITEMS IN AL'' is not only for the rifles. :)

akfury
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Mm I know lol...

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Mm I know lol...

There ya go! :p

akfury
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I always knew ... I felt like post boosting...

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 12:59 PM
I always knew ... I felt like post boosting...

Oh... but... your too pro for that.. xD

akfury
12-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah I know

ShadowGunX
12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
lol u all still in forums? i bought founders nw to show off after 1yr :-P

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 01:05 PM
lol u all still in forums? i bought founders nw to show off after 1yr :-P

Show off with what? A worthless pink item (:()? And an item that even people will be able to get in 2015? :p

ProSophist
12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Did you even READ and UNDERSTAND that quote by Sam?

He is talking about the upcoming Premium items from the next patch. Once they are released, they will be "tradeable like all the other items in Arcane Legends," which they are right now. Yes, he said ALL ITEMS because ALL of them are tradeable right now including the Founder's gear. However, he does not insinuate in any way that the current Founder's gears will or will not be tradeable in the future. All they have told the people is that they will be discontinued once the patch comes out.

You should do some reading first since you're on the forums 24/7 before making a bunch of useless and redundant posts and threads.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Did you even READ and UNDERSTAND that quote by Sam?

He is talking about the upcoming Premium items from the next patch. Once they are released, they will be "tradeable like all the other items in Arcane Legends," which they are right now. Yes, he said ALL ITEMS because ALL of them are tradeable right now including the Founder's gear. However, he does not insinuate in any way that the current Founder's gears will or will not be tradeable in the future. All they have told the people is that they will be discontinued once the patch comes out.

You should do some reading first since you're on the forums 24/7 before making a bunch of useless and redundant posts and threads.

Take a chill pill there, fella. I think you didn't understand my point. Btw, nice way to post your opinion. :cheerful:

Wizard_Mike
12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Perhaps his statement of "like all items in AL" excludes Founders items. Like Founders are the exception to the rule.

For example, I can say "U.S. Presidents are limited to two terms" and that would be an accurate statement, yet FDR served four because the limitation wasn't set in law yet during that time.

Founders items are currently tradable, aren't they? So at the time that Sam posted, his statement can be perfectly accurate even if they are making Founders items non-tradable with the update.

I just don't think Sam was considering the future state of Founders items when he made that statement. I think it makes sense that they will make them non-tradable. Don't they usually do so with their games?

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. An official confirmation would definitely be nice.

EDIT: Well, I was slow to submit my post, so ProSophist's wasn't there when I began typing it. Pretty much says the same thing, albeit his post seems unreasonably hostile. Bad day, perhaps? We all have them. :)

Anyways, I wasn't trying to be redundant. I just got sidetracked by my 1 year old son halfway through my post, heh. Apparently he was finished with his lunch and decided to let me know by "sharing" his leftovers all over the kitchen, lol. It's amazing how much of a mess one little guy can make in about 8 seconds... :eek:

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Perhaps his statement of "like all items in AL" excludes Founders items. Like Founders are the exception to the rule.

For example, I can say "U.S. Presidents are limited to two terms" and that would be an accurate statement, yet FDR served four because the limitation wasn't set in law yet during that time.

Founders items are currently tradable, aren't they? So at the time that Sam posted, his statement can be perfectly accurate even if they are making Founders items non-tradable with the update.

I just don't think Sam was considering the future state of Founders items when he made that statement. I think it makes sense that they will make them non-tradable. Don't they usually do so with their games?

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. An official confirmation would definitely be nice.

This, is the kind of post ProSophist should have posted. I like your point, and I agree.
Perhaps they will tell us soon?

@ProSophist, I was wondering, not telling. And, maybe you could go a lil slower, I may have some reading issues, since i'm french. No need to rage and or try to humiliate/offend me. I am not ''24/7'' on the forums at all. And, maybe YOU see my posts in a useless way, try to change your view a bit.

LvlCap
12-12-2012, 01:40 PM

This, is the kind of post ProSophist should have posted. I like your point, and I agree.

@ProSophist, I was wondering, not telling. And, maybe you could go a lil slower, I may have some reading issues, since i'm french. No need to rage and or try to humiliate/offend me. ya dude you don't have to get mad at astro cuz he to proz!

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 01:42 PM
ya dude you don't have to get mad at astro cuz he to proz!

She**

*Zero*
12-12-2012, 01:55 PM
How do you text or type slow???? makes no sense..

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 01:56 PM

What?

*Zero*
12-12-2012, 02:00 PM
What?

now you see how we all feel.

Deathpunch
12-12-2012, 02:02 PM

@ProSophist, I was wondering, not telling. And, maybe you could go a lil slower, I may have some reading issues, since i'm french. No need to rage and or try to humiliate/offend me. I am not ''24/7'' on the forums at all. And, maybe YOU see my posts in a useless way, try to change your view a bit.

Je pense qu'être français est une punition suffisante. Problèmes de lecture est juste trop.

J/k :D

I like French fries and french toast. :-P

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Wizard_Mike
12-12-2012, 02:04 PM

I'm guessing you are referring to me, on account of my edit above? As I stated above, I had to stop halfway through typing my post to deal with my son. Kind of hard to type when you're wiping down a gooey one year old and mopping up cheesy macaroni, lol.

Cashews
12-12-2012, 02:04 PM
The whole point of collecting founders items now is to sell them in the future for massive profit because they are being discontinued and thus can only get more rare. Take the game Runescape for example. Party hats were discontinued about 10 years ago but are still tradable and are now worth billions.

Deathpunch
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
The whole point of collecting founders items now is to sell them in the future for massive profit because they are being discontinued and thus can only get more rare. Take the game Runescape for example. Party hats were discontinued about 10 years ago but are still tradable and are now worth billions.

You make a good point. Other than the fact that AL will not be relevant that long with how many games STS keeps pushing out.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Tilax
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
12/12/12

ohh gaawwwdd! 21 here we come!

Just felt like showing my opinion....

xD

Tilax
12-12-2012, 02:08 PM

Runescape... Old old old old times... :P

I gotta agree with deathpunch...

*Zero*
12-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm guessing you are referring to me, on account of my edit above? As I stated above, I had to stop halfway through typing my post to deal with my son. Kind of hard to type when you're wiping down a gooey one year old and mopping up cheesy macaroni, lol.

Na bud was referring to astro when she said for pro to type slower as she had trouble reading.

Should have edited my post to say "How do you post slow? "
All I'm saying is look how many "founders gear" threads there are, why make another one?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78978-Founders-what-will-happen&highlight=founders

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78920-can-n-e-1-answer-question&highlight=founders

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78796-Worth-it&highlight=founders

Those just on first 2 pages. And 3 are yours.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Na bud was referring to astro when she said for pro to type slower as she had trouble reading.

Should have edited my post to say "How do you post slow? "
All I'm saying is look how many "founders gear" threads there are, why make another one?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78978-Founders-what-will-happen&highlight=founders

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78920-can-n-e-1-answer-question&highlight=founders

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78796-Worth-it&highlight=founders

Those just on first 2 pages. And 3 are yours.

I didn't ask him to TYPE slower, but to go slower with his posts, since they were a bit ''raging'' for nothing.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Je pense qu'être français est une punition suffisante. Problèmes de lecture est juste trop.

J/k :D

I like French fries and french toast. :-P

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Pourquoi me dit tu cela? Ce n'est pas gentil. xD

Rare
12-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Me and you should be good friends.

ProSophist
12-12-2012, 03:23 PM
This thread gave me brain cancer.

Rare
12-12-2012, 03:26 PM

I laughed for a minute. Then felt bad at the joke. Now I'm indifferent.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 03:27 PM

Cause you wanted it to. No need to get mad. Calm down a bit.

Deathpunch
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Pourquoi me dit tu cela? Ce n'est pas gentil. xD

Il s'agissait d'une plaisanterie de mauvais goût. J'apprécie toujours votre pain grillé.

I think it might have been all that paste you ate as a kid.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Il s'agissait d'une plaisanterie de mauvais goût. J'apprécie toujours votre pain grillé.

I think it might have been all that paste you ate as a kid.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Merci, cela me fait très plaisir. Ah, Paris si tu savais.. :p

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Another derailed founders thread.........

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Another derailed founders thread.........

Nope, I was just wondering here. Of course like in every threads, haters hate, and etc. So, people take it as if it was the OP's fault.

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Nope, I was just wondering here. Of course like in every threads, haters hate, and etc. So, people take it as if it was the OP's fault.

Always true.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Always true.

What do you mean? Sorry lol bad at english

LvlCap
12-12-2012, 04:39 PM
I just think astro is right, she makes a good point...buying founders gear is different then getting it for being a founder

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I just think astro is right, she makes a good point...buying founders gear is different then getting it for being a founder

At least someone gets my point. :) (bad at english, so people may take the thread main post in a different way) :/

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 04:44 PM

This is true, meaning if founders doesn't become vanity the most founders like vanity will be the lvl16 cap vanity.....

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
This is true, meaning if founders doesn't become vanity the most founders like vanity will be the lvl16 cap vanity.....

Ah, then we can consider the Lvl 16 cap vanity as a founder vanity! Good point there!

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Ah, then we can consider the Lvl 16 cap vanity as a founder vanity! Good point there!

Yah it will be my way of telling myself, "it's all right you got a founders vanity, kinda."
But still founders gear looks to awesome :(

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Yah it will be my way of telling myself, "it's all right you got a founders vanity, kinda."
But still founders gear looks to awesome :(

True this. :( Let's wait and see. I'll just buy all of em, just in case. Bye bye my few thousands..

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
True this. :( Let's wait and see. I'll just buy all of em, just in case. Bye bye my few thousands..

Yah same I bought them all just in case. I got them before the inflation, :) so glad.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Yah same I bought them all just in case. I got them before the inflation, :) so glad.

I didn't, and I still need to buy a lot. D:<

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I didn't, and I still need to buy a lot. D:<

I also bought some extras to sell latter... I am grinning inside :D

LwMark
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
The first plat pack, the adventure , hero, and 70plat bundles are considered founders aswell then

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I also bought some extras to sell latter... I am grinning inside :D

Gimme >:-D

The first plat pack, the adventure , hero, and 70plat bundles are considered founders aswell then

Well, I guess..

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Gimme >:-D

Sry ill sell in game. Don't like selling in forums....

I guess maybe, i hope all limited time gear has vanity capability.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Sry ill sell in game. Don't like selling in forums....

I guess maybe, i hope all limited time gear has vanity capability.

I was joking. :p

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
I was joking. :p

Ik I could tell by your smily face :p

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 05:26 PM
What do you mean? Sorry lol bad at english

At least someone gets my point. :) (bad at english, so people may take the thread main post in a different way) :/

I bad Engrish tu :( jk. Your English is fine, for a cat. ;)

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Love it! Haha

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM

A FRENCH cat, if I may. Lol, trying my best at English. I learn a lot of these forums! :3

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Love it! Haha

@!#?!# You're fast! O.o

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
A FRENCH cat, if I may. Lol, trying my best at English. I learn a lot of these forums! :3

So do French cats go "me-ow" or "meow" or "mew" or...?

Vystirch

of should be on btw :p

LwMark
They arent goin to tell us till vanities come out or because they are not sure what they are goin to do, cause devs are still active, an im.100% they read our concerns, just like drag sets they just didnt say anythin till they guna release it, so we probably wont get a response for a while, everyone just collect as many pieces from ALL bundles

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
@!#?!# You're fast! O.o

What I was reading in another forum, I didn't catch that lol

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
So do French cats go "me-ow" or "meow" or "mew" or...?

Well, normal French cats go ''mew''. But, remember, i'm a Astro cat, I go ''I SO PRO''.

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
What I was reading in another forum, I didn't catch that lol

You ninja'd the ninja-cat:

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, normal French cats go ''mew''. But, remember, i'm a Astro cat, I go ''I SO PRO''.

You misspelled again..... It's spelled POoR. You also missed another "o" lol

Astrocat
You ninja'd the ninja-cat:

Oh @!?#! xD xD

Astrocat

Pro, not poor. xD

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 05:33 PM

False. Cats do not have anything worth any monetary value.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:35 PM
False. Cats do not have anything worth any monetary value.

What?! What about my Kibbles?!

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 05:36 PM
What?! What about my Kibbles?!

No, the only thing you can get with those is a milk voucher.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:38 PM
No, the only thing you can get with those is a milk voucher.

Fine then.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/148700_558712004145123_52480828_n.jpg

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Fine then.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/148700_558712004145123_52480828_n.jpg

Well, perhaps also a surgery pass. That hunched-back is not too appealing.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, perhaps also a surgery pass. That hunched-back is not too appealing.

http://thefunnycat.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ZOMG-The-Funny-Cat-Pictures.jpg

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:04 PM
http://thefunnycat.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ZOMG-The-Funny-Cat-Pictures.jpg

Haha I love where my posts lead to lol

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Haha I love where my posts lead to lol

Hello, i'm Sorcertree.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21530

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Hello, i'm Sorcertree.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21530

My pic is better
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u653/Vystirch/image-21.jpg

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:10 PM
My pic is better

Excuse me? I'm a Sorcerer disguised as a Christmas tree! None can beat that! :D

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Excuse me? I'm a Sorcerer disguised as a Christmas tree! None can beat that! :D

Well I'm a sorcerer disguised as a blue smurf! No one can beat that.. Lol

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:23 PM
My pic is better

Now it can be truly said.....

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Now it can be truly said.....

Speedo ftw. Yep I were no pants, just a loin cloth.

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I prefer the thread how it is now! XD

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I prefer the thread how it is now! XD

Lol freeze it in time, lock it up and put it on display!

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Lol freeze it in time, lock it up and put it on display!

http://gearheads.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=81657&d=1344961821

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Speedo ftw. Yep I were no pants, just a loin cloth.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM
http://gearheads.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=81657&d=1344961821

Exactly

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM

-------------------

When I feel like it..... Which is always.... So much more comfortable!

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
When I feel like it..... Which is always.... So much more comfortable!

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Exactly

Huh?

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:42 PM

-------------------

That's some good spray painting!

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Huh?

What?

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
That's some good spray painting!

Mah mural :3 gorgeous

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:44 PM

-------------------

http://www.icanhazgeekpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wait-ill-fix-it.jpg

Vystirch

-------------------

A most skilled paint job!

Astrocat
What?

Nothin' Just wonderin'

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Nothin' Just wonderin'

About?.........

Zaonabiuibil
http://www.icanhazgeekpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wait-ill-fix-it.jpg

-------------------

Astrocat
About?.........

Your posts.

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Your posts.

Lol idk what you want to know? :p

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:47 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM

Yep

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:50 PM

-------------------

Oh Gawd. xD

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Oh Gawd. xD

Sowwe :(

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Sowwe :(

-------------------

He iz meh friendz.. :(

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Oh Gawd. xD

Ill save it!............. Sry to tired to get off chair.... Zzzzzzz

Astrocat
Ill save it!............. Sry to tired to get off chair.... Zzzzzzz

Too late!

Zaonabiuibil
He iz meh friendz.. :(

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM

-------------------

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21536

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:56 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21536

Did I give you permission to use that o.O

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Did I give you permission to use that o.O

-------------------

Oh, wasn't the text I just received on meh phone, from you?

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh, wasn't the text I just received on meh phone, from you?

Me no noes yur nombar. Mabey yu saw da sprey paitn.

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Me no noes yur nombar. Mabey yu saw da sprey paitn.

-------------------

o.O Gonna go in game for a bit naooo..

Vystirch
12-12-2012, 07:01 PM
o.O Gonna go in game for a bit naooo..
Me also

Energizeric
12-12-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm not going to read this entire thread because of the crazy back and forth arguments. I'll only respond to the first page, which I'll say that in my opinion all items in AL should always be tradeable. This is how PL should have been as well. If I have something valueable, why should it be against the rules for me to sell it? If it's an old item that is rare and discontinued, and only a few players at the very beginning had one, then it will sell for a fortune of gold. That should be my right to sell it if I have one, or buy it from someone else if they are willing to sell it to me for an agreed upon price.

If this idea had been implemented in PL, then perhaps nobody would have ever complained about the elite vanities, founders helm, etc. "Founders" simply means that only players who started playing the game at the beginning had the ability to acquire one from a drop in a dungeon, or from the plat store in this case, etc. There is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to then sell it to someone else. I hope they continue to keep this "all items are tradeable" policy in AL.

Ubernewber
12-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Ok, so, apparently, we call the items from store ''Founders'' when they're not truly Founders. I don't get the point of this, if we ''have to buy them fast before they go away'' or ''prove you have been there since the beginning of the game with these Founders'' when you read this:

What is the point? Why not make REAL Founders?

Also, about these ''Founders'': http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78978-Founders-what-will-happen

I don't know why they just Didn't name founder gear "founders" would make it way simpler :D

LvlCap
I is LvlCat

LvlCap
I is LvlCat im making that no one take it!

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm not going to read this entire thread because of the crazy back and forth arguments. I'll only respond to the first page, which I'll say that in my opinion all items in AL should always be tradeable. This is how PL should have been as well. If I have something valueable, why should it be against the rules for me to sell it? If it's an old item that is rare and discontinued, and only a few players at the very beginning had one, then it will sell for a fortune of gold. That should be my right to sell it if I have one, or buy it from someone else if they are willing to sell it to me for an agreed upon price.

If this idea had been implemented in PL, then perhaps nobody would have ever complained about the elite vanities, founders helm, etc. "Founders" simply means that only players who started playing the game at the beginning had the ability to acquire one from a drop in a dungeon, or from the plat store in this case, etc. There is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to then sell it to someone else. I hope they continue to keep this "all items are tradeable" policy in AL.

Nah, only few people raged for no reason, then the thread turned into a meme discussion. Was pretty funny.

Zaonabiuibil
12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Nah, only few people raged for no reason, then the thread turned into a meme discussion. Was pretty funny.

Hehe had to.

-------------------

Astrocat
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Hehe had to.

-------------------

I see what you did there teeheee