PDA

View Full Version : FN Mace = awesome hammer

BeardedBear
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
So with the update, now the maces are hammers. Good thing I looted two! Notice the cool water droplets.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/926de14d.jpg

Arterra
09-16-2010, 04:07 PM
too bad for the bad angle, i can't really tell how it looks...

Royce
09-16-2010, 04:12 PM
too bad for the bad angle, i can't really tell how it looks...

It's a huge block of dripping ice tied to the top of a stick, and it's really cool :D

KingFu
09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
It's really cool, it has 1 less dps than the blade of darkness of ahnold, and it has freeze proc, 6 HS, and 7 str, I think its the best hammer in the game. Especially since it's lvl 30 ^.^

Royce
09-16-2010, 04:38 PM
it has freeze proc

Does it also have a stun proc like most hammers, or just freeze? If just freeze, that's actually kinda weak...

KingFu
09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Not sure, might have stun proc, I haven't tested it, but the nice thing about freeze proc on warriors is that you can use the combo ice shatter without a Mage

Royce
09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Not sure, might have stun proc, I haven't tested it, but the nice thing about freeze proc on warriors is that you can use the combo ice shatter without a Mage

Yeah, but the whole point of hammers is that they are boss incapacitators. If it can't stun, then it is not nearly as useful as a wammo despite the great damage (also mages need no help to combo ice and fire ;) ).

KingFu
09-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Ya but doesn't ice shatter do more damage than hot flash? I tested it before skill revamp and it did

Royce
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Ya but doesn't ice shatter do more damage than hot flash? I tested it before skill revamp and it did

Mages can shatter ice alone too. Try Frostbite+Firestorm ;)

KingFu
09-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Isn't that hot flash?

Royce
09-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Isn't that hot flash?

Ugh, maybe, I'm no good with combo names. Thought Hot Flash was icetorm/firestorm...

Edit: But I'm pretty sure any freeze proc is the same effect as frostbite, so the hammer proc and firestorm should be the same. Guess we'll have to test it out. One way or another if it doesn't stun, it's not a real hammer in my book. Might as well be a freezing battlesword or something. Hammers are great against bosses because with the stun they only get a fraction of their normal number of attacks off.

Cinco
09-16-2010, 05:04 PM
It stuns. All the hammers stun. If they don't it's a bug ;)

This particular hammer has both the stun proc and the freeze proc and it's WICKED !!!111!!!@!!@!!!!`1

haroldiv
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
guess my warhammer of legend just became a relic lol.

Royce
09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
It stuns. All the hammers stun. If they don't it's a bug ;)

This particular hammer has both the stun proc and the freeze proc and it's WICKED !!!111!!!@!!@!!!!`1

Dude, you rock. Now I needs me on of these for my hammer bird. Lol, I would be upset I traded my Iceberg mace to mystical, except the Brain Freeze staff I got also looks ubercool.

And, hey Cinco, please can we get some higher level block hammers in the plat store? Pretty please?

yesIManoob
09-16-2010, 05:07 PM
so with the update, now the maces are hammers. Good thing i looted two! Notice the cool water droplets.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/926de14d.jpg

omg i had 4 of those and liquidated all!!!!!!

FluffNStuff
09-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Dude, you rock. Now I needs me on of these for my hammer bird. Lol, I would be upset I traded my Iceberg mace to mystical, except the Brain Freeze staff I got also looks ubercool.

And, hey Cinco, please can we get some higher level block hammers in the plat store? Pretty please?

6 h/s, high damage, double proc ... and you want higher level? Its a beast!

KingFu
09-16-2010, 08:51 PM

If you wanna trade back I always can :( ;)

Edit:
When can you get on to claim your cloth? I'll give you it free.

cry
09-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Lol, =) Hot flashes are for old women.
For level 30, all I have to say is wowee.

Snakespeare
09-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Yeah, but the whole point of hammers is that they are boss incapacitators. If it can't stun, then it is not nearly as useful as a wammo despite the great damage (also mages need no help to combo ice and fire ;) ).

Freeze proc incapacitates, too. It might even last longer.

Azrael
09-17-2010, 09:07 AM
6 h/s, high damage, double proc ... and you want higher level? Its a beast!

well i suppose... I know its not meant for 45s.. but its hard to call something beast when 1 handers do more damage. Especially after the devs have messed with the speed of weapons. 1.2 speed for every 2 hander.... /facepalm.

Royce
09-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Freeze proc incapacitates, too. It might even last longer.

Nope freeze just freezes, like a root, the frozen enemy can still attack. Only stun actually keeps your target from being able to act in any way ;)