PDA

View Full Version : Rediscover Pocket Legends - Two New Classes, New Content, Winterfest and More!

Samhayne
12-13-2012, 12:11 PM
New Allies Join The Elf Queen's Forces in Pocket Legends

New Playable Characters Rhino Paladin and Vixen Ranger Join
World's Largest Desktop and Mobile Co-op Action RPG

Spacetime Studios is inviting the eight million people who have played Pocket Legends to experience the game in a completely new way with the Rhino Paladin and Vixen Ranger in the most significant game update in its history.

Both new classes are free from the start with no special conditions required to play them. The characters receive new gear including the Ranger’s dual-blades, use skills such as the Rhino's "Charge!!" and deliver devastating combos.

Pocket Legend’s largest expansion to date offers new features for existing and returning players. In addition to the added character classes, players can team up to explore new dungeons where they will encounter elite bosses or battle it out in the new 3v3 PvP map.

"This expansion gives our existing players a brand new way to experience the world of Pocket Legends as well as adding a ton of new content," says Gary Gattis, CEO, Spacetime Studios. "We are happy to give fans an early holiday gift with the most ambitious expansion we have released to date."

Features:

Two New Character Classes - The Vixen Ranger and Rhino Paladin
New Elite Bossfights - Battle a level 76 Red Dragon, and discover a secret elite boss hiding in the Underworld
New Heroic Dungeon - The Dragonet of Fire Forest just got meaner in the new heroic difficulty "Forgotten Forest"
New 3 vs. 3 Capture the Flag PVP map - Fight for flags and glory in the Burning Flats
New Skill Ranks - All character classes have more advancement options with the addition of two new skill ranks for all abilities
Free Respec Weekend – Free skill and attribute respec for all classes this weekend only, in celebration of the new classes as well as ability ranks
New Items - Discover all new items to power up your hero
New Low Level Drops - Better weapons and shields for lower leveled characters
Return of Winterfest - Pocket Legends' holiday celebration returns with new vanity drops and store items

Pocket Legends is the first title in the highly popular Legends franchise. The other Legends titles, sci-fi Star Legends, horror Dark Legends and fantasy Arcane Legends, have been downloaded more than twelve million times, making it the world's largest cross-platform mobile/desktop MMO franchise.

About Pocket Legends:
Launched in April 2010, Pocket Legends is the original, pioneering 3D MMO on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. A bold – and successful – attempt to bring MMOs to the mobile space, Pocket Legends quickly proved to be popular with both public and press, gathering praise from the most important publications in the industry. The colorful 3D graphics and top-notch character design made Pocket Legends a benchmark game on iOS devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

Multibird
12-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Cool!

Ninja just got Ninja

JaytB
12-13-2012, 03:27 PM
I started a rhino and a fox and so far the skills seem like a ton of fun! :D

cookiez
12-13-2012, 03:54 PM
YAYAy, everything is awesome except imo bringing stuff (vanities) back is not cool-.- lil more creativity?

Astrocat
12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Looks beast! Arcane Legends now! :p

iacito
12-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Why no potions on elite level:(

Multibird
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Why no potions on elite level:( it's always like that, even for the elite dungeon at 71 cap

iacito
12-13-2012, 04:32 PM
it's always like that, even for the elite dungeon at 71 cap

Ok, thanks for the info.

CMX
12-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Where is the 30 plat premium starter bundle offer?

Used to buy a few for my toons.

Urqui
12-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Doesn't show when you make the character, but if you exit to character's screen, there should the option to go premium for 45p on the bottom left...

I'm expecting to see alot of of complaining threads for the Xmas items anytime now.

Aracnus
12-13-2012, 05:21 PM
WHOOP! Can't wait to get on RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :victorious:

Jcyee
12-13-2012, 08:58 PM
OMG so much stuff all at once... dont know which i should prioritize lol.

also, is the winterfest duengon the same dungeon as last year. and what about the item drops in that dungeon, same as last year or no?

Rot
12-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Quit bringing back old vanities!

TEOKILLO
12-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Great update! But why rank 9 skills?? Totally ruins builds for pvp

Everyone'sFavMage
12-14-2012, 09:41 AM
No teo. It gives you a chance to have a build no one else has. I love this update.

TEOKILLO
12-14-2012, 10:49 AM
>.<

Everyone'sFavMage
12-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Now not everyone has the exact same build. Higher level pvp needed this desperately.

wammm
12-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Why no potions on elite level:(

Waaaaay waaaaay better than no skills lmao

Techno Email
12-14-2012, 06:39 PM

We no longer pop up the offer, but it is still available from the character screen when you log in. You'll see a little blinking helm icon near the change character button. You can also purchase it and other premium packs from the Store.

Techno Email
12-14-2012, 06:45 PM
We had to prioritize putting out these fixes, but I did spent some extra cycles putting together some holiday items. Some of them are *REALLY* cool...potentially pet-like...potentially flying... potentially dragonesque and holiday themed ALL AT THE SAME TIME...!!!

We'll try to get it out early next week, but these bug fixes had to come first. :)

Techno Email
12-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Now not everyone has the exact same build. Higher level pvp needed this desperately.

This was my intent and perspective as well.

grrims
12-16-2012, 02:47 AM
the update is awesome but what we really need is new stat points such as bravery for the ranger, gives them high crit and dmg but worse armor. and brawniness for the rhino, gives good armor and health but lessens hit %. idk

Piosidon
12-16-2012, 06:08 PM
I've rediscovered that lvl 56s still kick you from their plasma pyramid games...

Techno Email
12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
the update is awesome but what we really need is new stat points such as bravery for the ranger, gives them high crit and dmg but worse armor. and brawniness for the rhino, gives good armor and health but lessens hit %. idk

Intelligence behaves like the "bravery" stat you described. Intelligence is a useful stat for Rangers, as it directly increases damage for several of their more "cunning" skills, such as the poisons and Hypnotize. Strength behaves like the "brawniness" stat you described. It directly also affects their more "brawny" skills effectiveness, such as Charge!! :)

FluffNStuff
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Intelligence behaves like the "bravery" stat you described. Intelligence is a useful stat for Rangers, as it directly increases damage for several of their more "cunning" skills, such as the poisons and Hypnotize. Strength behaves like the "brawniness" stat you described. It directly also affects their more "brawny" skills effectiveness, such as Charge!! :)

Not quite true about the intelligence. Dex raises poison damage more then intelligence because the increase to base damage is a higher rate then the Intelligence increase to skill damage.

Chopper
12-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Not quite true about the intelligence. Dex raises poison damage more then intelligence because the increase to base damage is a higher rate then the Intelligence increase to skill damage.

did you just call out the developer on how the stats work? :)

Techno Email
12-20-2012, 07:07 PM
IDK, I just took my level 66 Ranger, with no gear, spec'd full Int (327 pts) and my Rank 9 poison dart dealt 159-182 damage. Then, I re'spec'd full Dex (332 pts) and my Rank 9 Poison Dart dealt 148-157 damage. Looks to be lower in this case. However, there are so many different ways to build your character, I don't doubt that you've found another spec using primarily Dex that offers a greater benefit. For example, spec'ing more into Dex may allow you to wear certain Dex gear that then adds damage or crit where the Int gear may not. The Int stat alone though, should increase the damage dealt by most of these types of Ranger skills. :)

Update:
- I did the same test with the Poison Needles skill. It dealt 168-204 damage with full Dex, and 158-202 with full Int. ACK! Neck and neck, but higher with pure Dex. :livid:
- With Hypnotize, full Dex gave me 108-120 damage, and full Int gave me 109-121 - Neck and neck again, this time negligibly better with Int!! :disillusionment:
- My Restore was a wildly different story - It went from 99-109 full Dex, to 152-162 full Int. Multiply out the additional 50% per second for 12 seconds, and that's an additional 371 Health AND Mana points I get back... Not bad. ;)

My personal conclusion is still that dual specing Int is totally legitimate on this character class. :D Although, she is primarily Dex. :)

FluffNStuff
12-20-2012, 07:32 PM
If you know a way to last 12 seconds without taking damage I would LOVE to hear it ;)

Scratch that, if you know a way to last 4 seconds without taking damage, I'll switch to full int :)

IwantHoloshield
01-12-2013, 02:45 PM
(Dancing banana)

IwantHoloshield
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
:O!

IwantHoloshield
01-12-2013, 02:48 PM
👀
👃
👅

urban