PDA

View Full Version : Confessions of a noob tank.

Wizard_Mike
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I figured a thread for people to post their noobiest moments could both be fun, as well as helpful for new tanks. I'm still learning to be a better tank, myself, so I'm hoping to glean some knowledge from your funny stories. :)

So what noobish things have you done or realized during your adventures? I'll start out with one:

It wasn't until I was 16 that I realized the charged up normal attack does area damage. Like, really, I had no idea. This fact somehow escaped me all that time, lol. Anyway, this really helps with holding threat/aggro on multiple mobs when waiting for abilities to come off cooldown!

Also, charged normal attacks seem to deal out a lot more threat/aggro than just spamming the attack button. I don't have any hard data on that, but once I stopped spamming and started charging, it became pretty rare for others to get the elite jarl's attention away from me.

So yeah, charge up your attack for greater effect! Who knew? :p

(P.S. - "Who knew?" = sarcasm, for those facetiously impaired folks. There's at least one on every forum! lol.)

primaeva
12-13-2012, 02:42 PM
It's possible that warrior charge benefits more than rogue or sorcerer charge, mainly because the top-tier weapons (Heartseekers/Lifethief/Flamestrike) have a very quick attack speed. Warrior weapons typically take an incredible time to swing (I haven't owned a Vorpal yet though), so you might as well charge them up.

Can any other warrior confirm? TS, if you ran some more tests and they match, you might be on to something.

Kenoon
12-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I used to think that Malison pet would be owning rather than Ribbit.
But unfortunately, after spending $9.99 on the plats to get to 90,
Malison still causes my tank lose some attack damage and i lost the passive & active critical rate of Ribbit.
I think thats my worst investment lol.

ShadowGunX
12-14-2012, 06:45 AM
malison is for rogue :-P. use ribbit or flap

Kenoon
12-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Malison is still comparable in terms of the overall stats. In terms if damage i lose by around 1-2 damage on screen if i remember correctly.
But ribbit's active skill of increased critical rate is too tempting for me to choose malison in the end.