PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous

Bandit
04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Ok, so we're all really happy about the new loot, of course, since it's awesome. However, post patch there has been a drastic drastic increase in the drop rates of legendary/epic items.
In 10 runs of Magic Castle I picked up 7 such drops, and in every run counted at least 2 drops overall for the whole party.
While many may see this as an ample opportunity to grab the best gear (and yes, I've clearly been stocking up myself) I think it's fair to say allowing such a high drop rate will totally undermine the awesomeness of these new equips. Also, once a full trade system comes about, the market will be flooded by the people who have bothered to farm - who will now be able to collect 20 such drops with relative ease, in as little as one sitting.

I'm sorry to sound whiny, but I think it's important to keep the rare drops....well....rare, and so could the devs possibly ponder this matter (though I know there's a lot else on your mind).

Dizko
04-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Funny you mention it. I just saw two Legends running around in FC, with 14 of those new bone drops.

I don't blame the drop rate though - just the awesomeness of the average Legend.

darrensmith016
04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
lol.. got loads of pinks and purples

Banned
04-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Why do people like to ruin fun.

Deathshock
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah, lucky you guys huh. 5 runs of magic castle, still haven't gotten squat.

setec
04-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Funny you mention it. I just saw two Legends running around in FC, with 14 of those new bone drops.

I don't blame the drop rate though - just the awesomeness of the average Legend.

lol. I'll say it was the drop rate. :)

Deathshock
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
lol. I'll say it was the drop rate. :)

Scratch that I finally got a Jewel Thief's thin dagger and a bone tunic

Odvar
04-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Ok you do know that the level cap of 30 will be rising soon correct??? Look at the purchaced itunes items, top one is level 50 so yeah this is temporary loot. Have fun with it until the cap is increased. :P

Actually I wouldent be suprised if a cap increase is in the submitted content to apple.

Banned
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
We should email Apple to approve the PL update as fast as possible or we will all go outside Apple headquarters and burn a bunch of iMacs.

roflchopter
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Scratch that I finally got a Jewel Thief's thin dagger and a bone tunic

Just got a Jewel Theif's Thin Dagger too, to bad they suck now :p

Banned
04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I made a thread today about fixing the daggers. They are seriously useless right now.

Shebee
04-24-2010, 05:31 AM
Who cares as long as LEs drop rates are reasonable?

Splurd
04-24-2010, 06:17 AM
The bone armour is too common and its only a matter of time before everyone is running around in white.

_ck
04-24-2010, 06:39 AM
It's no wonder these rare drops aren't rare for you when you run through every level ten+ times as soon as something new is added. Maybe rare drops should be even more rare, but wouldn't that just make you run through every level 20-30 times instead until you have everything? I haven't played the game much just to get loot, nor have I done much soloing, and I only have a few purple/pink items. So in terms of normal gameplay the purple/pink loot drops seem fairly rare.

setec
04-24-2010, 09:26 AM
We should email Apple to approve the PL update as fast as possible or we will all go outside Apple headquarters and burn a bunch of iMacs.

Hey, hey! Let's not go crazy here people. These iMacs didn't hurt anyone. :)

Signed - an Apple Fanboy.

Tobikuma
04-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I think the drop rate is fine considering trade is not implemented yet.
Let them drop all they want its hard as hack trying to get the ones you want.
After trade......
well yea, but the people who farmed are going to get what they want with ease for the work with only a few trades and much more to spare than those that just got lucky to get something most likly they cant use.
It took me time over 12 hours to get all the new equipment on all three jobs correctly, giving each job a abundance of items non usable to them. Couldnt get dreamer on enchantress for my life (biggest challenge 4 hours for both items, thats 8 total) but got 5 conqourer bone plates. Then on warrior I couldnt get that..... took another 3 hours to get it. Archer was fast and painless thankfully.
after trade comes, we arnt going to be flooding the market becuase well, frankly you have nothing we want, so why would we trade our "rares".
trading will be more of the people that didnt farm than those who did, and then its going to be tricky finding the right person to trade what they need for what you need.

Infamous-D
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Ya please fix this problem it's wAy outta control now

Splurd
04-25-2010, 08:27 PM
It's no wonder these rare drops aren't rare for you when you run through every level ten+ times as soon as something new is added. Maybe rare drops should be even more rare, but wouldn't that just make you run through every level 20-30 times instead until you have everything? I haven't played the game much just to get loot, nor have I done much soloing, and I only have a few purple/pink items. So in terms of normal gameplay the purple/pink loot drops seem fairly rare.

mmm I disagree.
I play in bursts of 1 hour. 1 hour on the way to work, 1 hour on the way home, and usually 1 hour before I sleep.
a single mega maze dungeon run, I can usually see someone getting a pink bone armour. Be it for whatever class. So its kinda, over common. The drop rate is around 2x or 3x more then compared with normal drops in maps like, LE for example.

Flamin
04-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I agree, purple and pink items rareness should be either changed a little or stay the way they are, and here is something to add to your idea.

There should be even more rare items that are blue, red and yellow.
Items sorted by quality and rareness:
Trash = grey
Common = white
Uncommon = orange
Rare = green
Epic = purple
Legendary = pink (needs to be a brighter pink so more easily tell difference between purple and pink)
Mythical = red
_______ = bright blue
________ =bright pale yellow

Flamin
04-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I think the drop rate is fine considering trade is not implemented yet.
Let them drop all they want its hard as hack trying to get the ones you want.
After trade......
well yea, but the people who farmed are going to get what they want with ease for the work with only a few trades and much more to spare than those that just got lucky to get something most likly they cant use.
It took me time over 12 hours to get all the new equipment on all three jobs correctly, giving each job a abundance of items non usable to them. Couldnt get dreamer on enchantress for my life (biggest challenge 4 hours for both items, thats 8 total) but got 5 conqourer bone plates. Then on warrior I couldnt get that..... took another 3 hours to get it. Archer was fast and painless thankfully.
after trade comes, we arnt going to be flooding the market becuase well, frankly you have nothing we want, so why would we trade our "rares".
trading will be more of the people that didnt farm than those who did, and then its going to be tricky finding the right person to trade what they need for what you need.

I absolutely agree.