PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the rhino?

Cascade
12-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Title says it all. What do you think?

-Discuss

Bunnyshoota
12-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Title says it all. What do you think?

-Discuss

Slightly OP.

Cascade
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Slightly OP.

I'm sure adjustments will come, the devs can only do so much testing. Which is why we are here to help them.

Heroelite
12-13-2012, 08:10 PM
honestly it isn't very op the skills are just attractive. Also more for support in pve due to the least damage output and bad aoe.

Oskitopee
12-13-2012, 08:17 PM
honestly it isn't very op the skills are just attractive. Also more for support in pve due to the least damage output and bad aoe.
I agree with that. Also, the rhinos chug mana pots like my dad's car chugs gasoline.

glennleejunxian
12-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Strong point : it is the strongest in all class Weak point : eat lots of mana

Cahaun
12-13-2012, 08:29 PM
I think they just look too good. They do have their weaknesses too.

Duflie
12-14-2012, 12:23 AM
I just started a rhino/paladin today and i felt yes it was op at first but later on i find myself pretty slow and taking huge amounts of mana pots. I haven't reach a high enough lvl to test it's tanking ability and I hope it's worth it.

Ladycandyheal
12-14-2012, 12:32 AM
The Guardian skill is a bit disappointingly thought it would be a big bird not little birds who come and go real quick lol

Lady_Pebbles
12-14-2012, 01:50 AM
I noticed that DEX brings up dmg and dps for Pallies where as the STR. Brings up hp & armor only a little bit. INT boosts mana pool nicely though. However, I use up a loooot of mana pots.

I tried out a few different builds as I was leveling up & found that a DEX/INT spec with some STR works well (only enough points to use the STR equipments). I focused a little more on INT so that I don't use up so many pots and raised dmg via DEX. Oddly enough, STR isn't a stat that should be focused on.

Ladycandyheal
12-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Thanks so much LadyPebbles for that info. I'm embarrassed to ask, how do I respec stats not skills?

ShadowGunX
12-14-2012, 06:49 AM
lol. in avatar screen tap "update stats" button at d bottom of ur character

Roberto077
12-14-2012, 02:25 PM
One the skills cause a flashing light. it hurts my eyes :(

Icantcry
12-14-2012, 04:07 PM
I think the rhino is a good class ( only of you use that mana regen skill)

Quickdeathxx
12-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Quite a good character. It's a bit strange how this rhino have mage's power. I think that this Rhino is not a PVP type. The skills aren't that great.

Ogbuehi
12-19-2012, 09:27 PM
So far with cyber gear, I'm much more impressed than when I first started out. I may be a bit spoiled with a cap bear and Mage both with fully l75 crafted sets, but this character is getting much better with time. Tornado is starting to do major aoe damage.

Quickdeathxx
12-20-2012, 03:40 AM
yea I agree.

XghostzX
12-21-2012, 01:00 AM
In case you were all still wondering...

I currently have a 72 rhino in progress. If you take all of the buffs it has, and add them to together, you average out about a 95 armor buff every 15(ish) seconds. In addition, maxed out heal grants 50 health regen... daha. I'm using angel gear, and can have up to 77 h/s so far... imagine a rhino with end game crafted gear.

The only disappointing thing about the rhino is that it doesn't have any 12 meter attacks at the moment (hopefully it's changed). Birds and mages can kite all day, unless we get a couple lucky dodges in there...

Overall, the rhino is a team player, and true CTF matches really only go on at end game. So unless you decide you want your rhino for end game, then don't use the pally.

heyllo
01-03-2013, 06:31 AM
I have a level 74 rhino and I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I used to play PL a lot but eventually moved on to other games. The rhino really brought me back into this great game since I always love paladins. Early on I saw some big red flags but decided to keep going hoping that an end game rhino could really shine. Sadly that never seemed to happen.

My biggest complaint are the buffs and utilities. They are just terrible! Either they don't last long enough (like divine aura) or they aren't strong enough (like brute force). So basically with all the daily elixers and plat combo pots flying around you may start to question what your rhino is bringing to the party.

Your damage output is a total joke but when it comes to paladins I am perfectly OK with that. The biggest issue I have in this department is that your best skill holy tempest tends to scatter groups if you're not careful and it can really piss people off lol. So maybe a bit more damage for combo?

Sorry for the rant lol I just would love for the rhino to become balanced so my rekindled love for PL doesn't end so soon!

XghostzX
01-03-2013, 01:22 PM
I have a level 74 rhino and I have to say I am pretty disappointed. I used to play PL a lot but eventually moved on to other games. The rhino really brought me back into this great game since I always love paladins. Early on I saw some big red flags but decided to keep going hoping that an end game rhino could really shine. Sadly that never seemed to happen.

My biggest complaint are the buffs and utilities. They are just terrible! Either they don't last long enough (like divine aura) or they aren't strong enough (like brute force). So basically with all the daily elixers and plat combo pots flying around you may start to question what your rhino is bringing to the party.

Your damage output is a total joke but when it comes to paladins I am perfectly OK with that. The biggest issue I have in this department is that your best skill holy tempest tends to scatter groups if you're not careful and it can really piss people off lol. So maybe a bit more damage for combo?

Sorry for the rant lol I just would love for the rhino to become balanced so my rekindled love for PL doesn't end so soon!

Don't worry, they'll be rebalanced.

Caiahar
01-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I dont like the paladin at ALL! He eats mana pots like I eat popcorn. And I eat 5 popcorn at once! In my opinion, he is not recommended because of the pot usage and horrible skills.

MageMaster
01-23-2013, 02:55 AM
I dont like the paladin at ALL! He eats mana pots like I eat popcorn. And I eat 5 popcorn at once! In my opinion, he is not recommended because of the pot usage and horrible skills.
1 question , do you EVER EVER EVER read my comments about you -_- i said something that is solution to your comment , and i never used mana pots in low levels , till now i barely use them i am 45 i used them about 10 times only

OverkillED
01-23-2013, 07:29 AM

Aww.. Poor baby, can't play a rhino right, so you come to the forums and inform everyone that it is supposedly "horrible." They do use quite a bit of mana, but pots are extremely cheap, so I don't see the problem here. Paladins are supporters, not mages where stuff blow up, devastated by nukes. They can do good in group situations and can tank very well also. I saw a 56 Str Glyph Bear fight a 56 Str Glyph Rhino and the fight lasted absolutely forever until the rhino ran out of mana. Rhinos are weaker than the 3 original classes, but at least it isn't completely out of control such as a bird one shotting with an elite bow.

Caiahar
01-24-2013, 08:52 AM
1 question , do you EVER EVER EVER read my comments about you -_- i said something that is solution to your comment , and i never used mana pots in low levels , till now i barely use them i am 45 i used them about 10 times only

Yeah I did my rhino is lvl 50 and I'm basically not the supporter type. I'm just sharing my opinion not posting to see if anyone would try to argue...

Caiahar
01-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Aww.. Poor baby, can't play a rhino right, so you come to the forums and inform everyone that it is supposedly "horrible." They do use quite a bit of mana, but pots are extremely cheap, so I don't see the problem here. Paladins are supporters, not mages where stuff blow up, devastated by nukes. They can do good in group situations and can tank very well also. I saw a 56 Str Glyph Bear fight a 56 Str Glyph Rhino and the fight lasted absolutely forever until the rhino ran out of mana. Rhinos are weaker than the 3 original classes, but at least it isn't completely out of control such as a bird one shotting with an elite bow.

As I said before, I'm sharing my opinion. I'm lvl 50 and I'm not that much of a supporter type. Buffs can't stack, rhino might has way lower range then stomp, summon costs mana while beckon doesn't, ok maybe the mana won't be the problem, but to me, the others are.

Kubicide
01-26-2013, 03:11 PM
I like the rhino and think that it performs it job as a support role

Randomguy
01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
good with shield and scythe

Doodlebeast
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM

Oh wow 5 at once? Ur popcorns must be dissolving like acid.

Mennddoza
03-26-2013, 10:15 PM
rhino is actually good in pvp. It does a decent amount of damage in 1v1

tHelonestud
04-05-2013, 09:58 PM
rhino: a mana-sucking, close combat beast with minimal damage and dodge which for some reason has a skill to draw aggro while the smallest starting health pool

whisperwalk
04-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Agreed, rhino health pool should be 600 starting. No reason for "fragile" birds n foxes to get more HP than a tank class. How do devs justify this horrible design decision?

Also, a rhino should support a party better than a mage, because mages can deal dmg and rhinos can't. Having mages deal more dmg while STILL providing superior support is overkill. Also, mages have mana shield while rhinos have stupid stuff like StoneSkin.

And increase the crap vital force to +63 dmg, not +36 dmg. 36 does bupkis.

tHelonestud
04-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Agreed, rhino health pool should be 600 starting. No reason for "fragile" birds n foxes to get more HP than a tank class. How do devs justify this horrible design decision?

Also, a rhino should support a party better than a mage, because mages can deal dmg and rhinos can't. Having mages deal more dmg while STILL providing superior support is overkill. Also, mages have mana shield while rhinos have stupid stuff like StoneSkin.

And increase the crap vital force to +63 dmg, not +36 dmg. 36 does bupkis.
They don't need that much of a damage buff, the other classes just need theirs lessened. The 10% critical is ridiculous though.
At 63 damage on vital force, imagine adding that to a 90 damage buff on bears who have 100 critical chance. That means they would be landing a 306 damage more than when they are unbuffed, dexterity bears would be 1 hitting everything.

whisperwalk
04-16-2013, 10:11 AM
63 was just a number i pulled out of my behind. Because I did not feel the 36 doing anything in PVE. But about this bear raging thing:

63 + 90 = 153 * 2 = 306
36 + 90 = 126 * 2 = 252
0 + 90 = 90 * 2 = 180

Yeah....I should probably find some dex bears to partner with. 252 is not much lower than 306. Maybe I'll just heal and revive them while they beckon + stomp.

tHelonestud
04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
63 was just a number i pulled out of my behind. Because I did not feel the 36 doing anything in PVE. But about this bear raging thing:

63 + 90 = 153 * 2 = 306
36 + 90 = 126 * 2 = 252
0 + 90 = 90 * 2 = 180

Yeah....I should probably find some dex bears to partner with. 252 is not much lower than 306. Maybe I'll just heal and revive them while they beckon + stomp.
I am generally looking at balance from a PvP standpoint. In which case 50 more damage is quite a bit. A bear can land two autos and beckon in under two seconds, in addition to the already massive damage 150 tacked on will change a lot.

whisperwalk
04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
I partnered with some bears but the bears did not become unstoppable killing machines. So, the current Vital Force sucks. Bearing in mind that a rhino is like a "useless" PVP slot and the opponent can +1 bird.

Ergo, Vital Force should be improved. If a rhino is going to be useless they might as well make other characters really really good. Good enough that, people don't go "WHAT IS A RHINO DOING HERE GET OUT!"

Wendellism
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I partnered with some bears but the bears did not become unstoppable killing machines. So, the current Vital Force sucks. Bearing in mind that a rhino is like a "useless" PVP slot and the opponent can +1 bird.

Ergo, Vital Force should be improved. If a rhino is going to be useless they might as well make other characters really really good. Good enough that, people don't go "WHAT IS A RHINO DOING HERE GET OUT!"

Vital Force should have better bonus damage. It's not as if 36 damage would have made an impact in endgame PvP in the first place, even though others might state it's good enough.

whisperwalk
04-25-2013, 12:50 PM
On paper, 36 damage may seem a lot, but in practice its barely noticed at all. And I might say, reality matters.

In any case, rhinos have so many weak skills that it wouldn't hurt for them to have one good skill. You know, ONE good skill. Even one OVERPOWERED skill. Is that too much to ask?

Birds in another thread are groaning when I point out that +45% dodge on a NON-DEFENSIVE character for 20s is undeserved. But here, ppl apparently think its OK for rhinos to remain as weak as possible. Players, in the abstract, support "improving the rhino". But mention any specifics and suddenly objections are raised - "NOT THAT, IT WOULD BE OVERPOWERED AND RUIN THE GAME FOREVERZ."

GreenLord
07-21-2014, 04:58 PM
I find it quite useful in PvE because of it's charge A
attack and great heal. I luv the rev and guardian too. But the other skills are not so good.

In PvP, I am always being murdered by BIRDS. Bears are no exception either. But I can sometimes take down a Mage. but it takes really long.

There, that's my opinion of the rhino