PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Skill List

Samhayne
12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Skill lists with brief description of what it does.

Vixen Ranger:

Combat abilities:
• Rabid Bite – The Vixen leaps across the battlefield to deliver a nasty wound.
• Hamstring – The Ranger angles her blades low to deliver a debilitating blow, reducing the targets chance to dodge, lowering their recovery with a chance to stun them. Combo this ability after Rabid Bite for increased effectiveness.
• Vixen Kick - The Vixen leaps across the battlefield, raking her foe.
• Armor Shredder – The Ranger uses her combat prowess to focus attacks on the weaker parts of her opponents armor, dealing damage and reducing their overall armor value for a brief time.
• Poison Needles – The Ranger throws out a cone of poison tipped needles, recoiling opponents, damaging them and debilitating their movement speed.
• Poison Dart – A larger dart is used to deliver a large single dose of poison, damaging the opponent over time, reducing their health recovery and debilitating their movement speed.

Buffs:
• Fury – The Vixen gathers their wild fury and focusing it into accurate strikes. Self +hit buff.
• Rage Tonic – The Ranger imbues a tonic that that wells their rage outward, increasing damage and the chance for a critical strike.
• Evasion – The Ranger focuses on defense, slipping through any bonds that may restrict her and increasing dodge and armor.

Debuffs:
• Fox Howl – The Vixen howls, damaging nearby foes and causing them do reduced damage for a short time after.
• Hypnotize – The Vixen lures her foe in through a daze, damaging them and stunning them for a brief time.

Utility:
• Bandage – The Ranger uses their training to recover health and mana. This ability is best used out of combat, as taking damage will cancel the benefits.

Cascade
12-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Sam! You put all my hard work to shame! :/ Oh well! You can delete my thread about skills.

Samhayne
12-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Well, yours has stats and mine has generic info. It's all good :)

JaytB
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Can't wait to lvl both classes!

Skills generally looks sweet. Only thing I don't get is that hit% buff for rangers. Seems like a completely obsolete spell for end game. Or am I overlooking something?

Samhayne
12-13-2012, 04:11 PM

Skills generally looks sweet. Only thing I don't get is that hit% buff for rangers. Seems like a completely obsolete spell for end game. Or am I overlooking something?

Maybe endgame PvP?

Cahaun
12-13-2012, 04:28 PM

Maybe endgame PvP?
They're probably viewing the Vixen as a pure dexterity class which will render any hit buff obsolete. I'm going to start adding a bit into health early because it's a melee class.
2:1 Dex/str might be best

Samhayne
12-13-2012, 04:42 PM
They're probably viewing the Vixen as a pure dexterity class which will render any hit buff obsolete. I'm going to start adding a bit into health early because it's a melee class.
2:1 Dex/str might be best

It's actually Dex/Int as some of the skills scale with INT (I believe the posions do)

tHelonestud
12-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Has same exact body as mage for most gear...
And gratitude shield looks same as on mage

Cascade
12-13-2012, 05:42 PM
This should probably be stickied just for beginners and such.

slaveleia
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I like the poison needles skill….and free respecs is so cool/fun!

dudetus
12-13-2012, 06:45 PM
Skill lists with brief description of what it does.

Vixen Ranger:

Combat abilities:
• Rabid Bite – The Vixen leaps across the battlefield to deliver a nasty wound.
• Hamstring – The Ranger angles her blades low to deliver a debilitating blow, reducing the targets chance to dodge, lowering their recovery with a chance to stun them. Combo this ability after Rabid Bite for increased effectiveness.
• Vixen Kick - The Vixen leaps across the battlefield, raking her foe.
• Armor Shredder – The Ranger uses her combat prowess to focus attacks on the weaker parts of her opponents armor, dealing damage and reducing their overall armor value for a brief time.
• Poison Needles – The Ranger throws out a cone of poison tipped needles, recoiling opponents, damaging them and debilitating their movement speed.
• Poison Dart – A larger dart is used to deliver a large single dose of poison, damaging the opponent over time, reducing their health recovery and debilitating their movement speed.

Buffs:
• Fury – The Vixen gathers their wild fury and focusing it into accurate strikes. Self +hit buff.
• Rage Tonic – The Ranger imbues a tonic that that wells their rage outward, increasing damage and the chance for a critical strike.
• Evasion – The Ranger focuses on defense, slipping through any bonds that may restrict her and increasing dodge and armor.

Debuffs:
• Fox Howl – The Vixen howls, damaging nearby foes and causing them do reduced damage for a short time after.
• Hypnotize – The Vixen lures her foe in through a daze, damaging them and stunning them for a brief time.

Utility:
• Bandage – The Ranger uses their training to recover health and mana. This ability is best used out of combat, as taking damage will cancel the benefits.

Mine's better ;).

vle_hoang
12-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Hi Sam, i think that Fury skill is a waste seeing that at high lvl,with equips we have about 200% hit for a dex base toon and Fury skill will be obsolete. How about change it to some useful skill like something that buff all wolfs in party. Seeing that in reality wolfs are hunting in pack and they are lot stronger when pack hunting ;)

Partyboy
12-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Hi sam, while practicing ranger skills in pvp i noticed that ranger can't break the mana shield of enchantress like birds do. I thought that armor shredder or hamstring can break but unfortunately it can't as i tried it many times. So i suggest that you make an update to armor shredder or hamstring that can break the enchantress mana shield. I suggest this because its hard to win against mages when using fox with that 3 sec armor and dodge buffs + 10 sec hit% buffs with 30sec cooldown :mad:

JaytB
12-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Hi sam, while practicing ranger skills in pvp i noticed that ranger can't break the mana shield of enchantress like birds do. I thought that armor shredder or hamstring can break but unfortunately it can't as i tried it many times. So i suggest that you make an update to armor shredder or hamstring that can break the enchantress mana shield. I suggest this because its hard to win against mages when using fox with that 3 sec armor and dodge buffs + 10 sec hit% buffs with 30sec cooldown :mad:

You can actually break their shield with the combo. Only problem is that it rarely seems to combo or break mages' shields. I tried to perform that combo in PvE and PvP, and somehow it rarely seems to actually show the yellow combo text. I'm still figuring out if it's something I'm doing wrong or not, but it feels a bit buggy.

Partyboy
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Hmm, but that rabid bite+hamstring combo is close to suicide with my pure dex fox. If thats the case the option is to switch to str set so i can say that theres a chance to land that combo. Any other combo for fox aside from rabid bite+hamstring?

enchantedfart
07-03-2014, 12:07 PM
prob not. My fox: Enchantedfart

Rab
07-21-2017, 03:37 AM
love when people help others understand my domain class

Suentous PO
08-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Has same exact body as mage for most gear...
And gratitude shield looks same as on mage

love when people help others understand my domain class

The guy I quoted above you was accualy the first cop fox btw

Rab
08-11-2017, 12:18 AM
The guy I quoted above you was accualy the first cop fox btwI highly doubt that considering the day fox was released I got 56 in 10 hours [emoji23] but good try (Ranger)(Dps)(bandit)(fox) <====my ogs

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Suentous PO
08-11-2017, 09:24 AM
I highly doubt that considering the day fox was released I got 56 in 10 hours [emoji23] but good try (Ranger)(Dps)(bandit)(fox) <====my ogs

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Not sure what getting to 56 has to do w anything, as cop wasn't stashable at that time, nor could you have earned one for getting to 56 then.
But there was one way to do it. Do you know what that was, and what Chad from support had to say about it on the forums?
It's posible you might have done the same as him but I'm skeptical lel

Suentous PO
09-11-2017, 10:58 PM
Mmmmm hhhhmm

Zzink
04-24-2018, 06:41 AM
Ranger is the best