PDA

View Full Version : A Beginners Guide to the Fox

Cascade
12-13-2012, 03:39 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21598&d=1355421183

Ranger Skills

Rabid Bite-First Rank: 12 mana, 4 sec. cooldown, 8m range. Leap in to cause 43-61 damage.
Vixen Kick-First Rank- 20 mana, 3 sec. cooldown, 8m range. Leap in to cause 59-68 damage, +knockback
Poison Needles- First Rank: 15 mana, 8 sec. cooldown, 8m cone. 52-89 damage, knock-back + 3s. poison -5 h/p per sec., -65% speed
Evasion- First Rank: 10 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, self-target. +3 sec. buff breaks root effects, +5% dodge, +5 armor
Fury-First Rank: 15 mana, 30.5 sec. cooldown, self-target. 10 sec. buff, +10% hit chance.
Hamstring-First Rank: 15 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, 3m. +3 sec debuff reduces -10% dodge, -6 h/p per sec., +20% stun chance
Poison Dart-First Rank: 20 mana, 7 sec. cooldown, 10m range. 42-55 damage, 3 sec. poison -5 h/p per sec., -65% speed
Armor Shredder-First Rank: 15 mana, 5 sec. cooldown, 3m range. 65-70 damage, 10 sec. debuff, -4 armor.
Fox Howl-First Rank: 20 mana, 5.5 sec. cooldown, 8m area. 76-82 damage, +5 sec. target debuff reduces -6 damage.
Bandage-First Rank: 20 mana, 30 sec. cooldown, self heal health and mana +16-30, 12 sec. buff mends addt'l. 50% per sec., damage cancels.
Hypnotize-First Rank: 10 mana, 7.5 sec. cooldown, 12m range. 57-66 damage, +pull, +3 sec. stun.
Rage Tonic-First Rank: 30 mana, 28 sec. cooldown, self-target 20 sec. buff +5% crit chance, +10 damage.

Information

Skill lists with brief description of what it does.

Vixen Ranger:

Combat abilities:
• Rabid Bite – The Vixen leaps across the battlefield to deliver a nasty wound.
• Hamstring – The Ranger angles her blades low to deliver a debilitating blow, reducing the targets chance to dodge, lowering their recovery with a chance to stun them. Combo this ability after Rabid Bite for increased effectiveness.
• Vixen Kick - The Vixen leaps across the battlefield, raking her foe.
• Armor Shredder – The Ranger uses her combat prowess to focus attacks on the weaker parts of her opponents armor, dealing damage and reducing their overall armor value for a brief time.
• Poison Needles – The Ranger throws out a cone of poison tipped needles, recoiling opponents, damaging them and debilitating their movement speed.
• Poison Dart – A larger dart is used to deliver a large single dose of poison, damaging the opponent over time, reducing their health recovery and debilitating their movement speed.

Buffs:
• Fury – The Vixen gathers their wild fury and focusing it into accurate strikes. Self +hit buff.
• Rage Tonic – The Ranger imbues a tonic that that wells their rage outward, increasing damage and the chance for a critical strike.
• Evasion – The Ranger focuses on defense, slipping through any bonds that may restrict her and increasing dodge and armor.

Debuffs:
• Fox Howl – The Vixen howls, damaging nearby foes and causing them do reduced damage for a short time after.
• Hypnotize – The Vixen lures her foe in through a daze, damaging them and stunning them for a brief time.

Utility:
• Bandage – The Ranger uses their training to recover health and mana. This ability is best used out of combat, as taking damage will cancel the benefits.

It's actually Dex/Int as some of the skills scale with INT (I believe the poisons do)

Regarding ranger combo: Idk if anyone has found it yet but if you havent its rapid bite to hamstring.

A female ranger class represented by the Fox. This is an up close, melee character who uses cunning, poisons, and bandage abilities to get in, poison enemies in the face, and evade damage while jumping away. This character class uses dual daggers, uses leather armor, and has some ranged abilities thrown in along with some great area of effect abilities, said Julianna Scruggs, a lead designer on Pocket Legends

Read more: http://www.148apps.com/news/spacetime-studios-invites-rediscover-pocket-legends-vital-character-classes/#ixzz2EyXMpw2w

Here is a thread that is helpful as well. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79119-All-Ranger-Skills-Thoughts&p=893919#post893919

Have questions? I'll try to answer them, just post 'em!

*Disclaimer: I am not a genie that can answer every question*

*Thanks to Dudetus for letting me copy some of his skills that I didn't have*

Do you think something needs to be added to this guide? Let me know!

Uquoe
12-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks!

Cascade
12-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Updated with more info and made it look prettier.

slaveleia
12-13-2012, 05:47 PM
nice work!

Cascade
12-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Added some new stuff and the rest of the skills. Leave suggestions. I'll keep working on it the more I know.

angeldawn
12-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Good start but it's only been a few hours. Seems like u are rushing to create a guide for something you don't even understand. You only provided basic information that is available to anyone. Not really much of a guide.

More useful information to post would be like combos (rabid bite and hamstring) or how to allocate amongst int, str, and dex.

FYI: I'm not hating or flaming. I just think ppl need to put more thoughts into 'guides' and actually understand what they are talking about instead of rushing to be the first to post.

angeldawn
12-13-2012, 08:36 PM
This is more of a compilation of information that is on the forums that some may not know. This is also a beginner's guide not a professional's guide.

But your compilation of information is titled 'guide'

Helping someone with combos and point allocations is beginners. It's as basic for a class guide as u can get.

Maybe your title should have been ... Compilation of Other Peoples Information for the Fox

angeldawn
12-13-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry but I disagree. I think if someone is making a forum account and looking for information, they want information that is more than what they can find in their skill page.

I am someone who helps lower lvls and new players all the time. Point allocate and combos are something most of them need help with. These things make them better players and most of the time they can't learn on their own.

You would be surprised how many 'noobs' want to be good players but haven't learned the basics of combos.

Edit: I guess I just don't get your 'guide'. My understanding is a guide provides help or guidance on doing something. I don't see any guidance here just a regurgitation of skill information. I didnt even see u note at what lvls these skills become available.

To me it doesn't serve as a guide and is kinda useless. I'm sorry. But I do appreciate the effort u put into it. I just wouldn't call it a 'guide'

Cascade
12-13-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry but I disagree. I think if someone is making a forum account and looking for information, they want information that is more than what they can find in their skill page.

I am someone who helps lower lvls and new players all the time. Point allocate and combos are something most of them need help with. These things make them better players and most of the time they can't learn on their own.

You would be surprised how many 'noobs' want to be good players but haven't learned the basics of combos.

Well when I play a game I don't really care about the technical stuff. I figure, that I can still kill enemies with stats that I do by myself. Kinda crazy how many people do the math about all this stuff just to be able to kill something virtually on their phone, but props to them.

angeldawn
12-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Well when I play a game I don't really care about the technical stuff. I figure, that I can still kill enemies with stats that I do by myself. Kinda crazy how many people do the math about all this stuff just to be able to kill something virtually on their phone, but props to them.

If you find it crazy, then why did you bother to make this post?

Cascade
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
If you find it crazy, then why did you bother to make this post?

This is a simple post, I simply want to help people that did not know about this.

edup
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
which is better to ranger: bow or dagger??
all the skills works with the bow too?

(sorry for the poor english, i'm brazilian ^_^)

angeldawn
12-17-2012, 11:24 AM

I used bows and talons to cap my fox.

I used talons when the lvls were more difficult or I had a weak group. I used the bow when I didn't need the armor protection. I do the same on all my toons.

Yes, all the skills work regardless what gear u choose :)

Cascade
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM

It depends on what type of build you want. Bow does more damage in most cases, but is slower. A dagger does less damage but is swifter and can be accompanied by a wing shield which can improve various other stats.

(Correct me if i'm wrong)

ECHUSER
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
it also depends on the team you're running with. if theres a mage or rhino (toons that can rev/heal) i feel more comfortable with a bow. with a bad team or a team w/out a mage or rhino, i tend to rely more on the talon/shield.

rockmayhem
12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Nice start to a fairly unknown build! I'm still figuring out little tricks and the best alignment of stats and skills. I have found, partly because its the best weapons I've acquired, is that using a ranged has kept me out of harms way with the low armor and hp running straight dex, (still plan on sampling srt/dex and int/dex to find best combo). I like to kite at a medium distance then drop debuffs to slow them, hit evasion then rush in with rabid bite/hamstring combo, and back out before evasion wears off, it only last 3 sec. This combination has been working really well for me in PvE. I have yet to try it in PvP but seems like it might be helpful there as well. Hope this helps, and feel free to comment as I think we are all trying to figure out the best way to run this little guy.

Ladycandyheal
12-18-2012, 01:12 AM
The fox is a female

Roberto077
12-18-2012, 12:53 PM
The fox is a female

I'd like to think not always :/

Cascade
12-18-2012, 05:33 PM
My fox has a robot face so it's not male, nor female! :)

Roberto077
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM

It is, however, awesome.

If awesomeness was a gender, the world would explode

Mothwing
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM

The LOL emote says you're wrong;)

Cascade
12-18-2012, 06:52 PM
It is, however, awesome.

If awesomeness was a gender, the world would explode

Yeah I love the look of the "Robot Fox"!

The LOL emote says you're wrong;)

Never tried the LOL emote on my fox.

Mothwing
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Never tried the LOL emote on my fox.

Do it...NAO!

Cascade
12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Do it...NAO!

Just did, lol. Must be a glitch I don't know why its a woman's voice it should be a robot voice. ;)

Mothwing
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Just did, lol. Must be a glitch I don't know why its a woman's voice it should be a robot voice. ;)

Lol xD

Twinklaser
12-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Would str/int do more damage than str/dex skill wise? L liek 2 saiv mi for plat

RaptorBlitz
12-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Would str/int do more damage than str/dex skill wise? L liek 2 saiv mi for plat

No.

bigboy
12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
How should my skills look like? Im mostly into pve .

Lvl 20 atm.

Cascade
12-27-2012, 04:12 PM
How should my skills look like? Im mostly into pve .

Lvl 20 atm.

I would put at least 2 points into each buff. Max out armor shredder. Put a couple into rabid bite, hamstring, and vixen kick.

Caiahar
01-07-2013, 04:27 PM
ummm can you add the lvls where the fox learns the skills???? just wondering.

Griffinfan
01-08-2013, 09:44 AM
ummm can you add the lvls where the fox learns the skills???? just wondering.

You earn a new skill almost every level and you will have all of them by level 22.

Caiahar
01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
No not really....I want to be accurate

Cascade
01-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I could, however I am busy at the moment.

Spectre
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome guide dude! Would be great if someone also make guide about Rhino class.

Dragonrider023
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM
I have noticed that my fox have luck with 3x combo elixir

ZEAWESOMEBEAR
01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
which skill build do you guys recommend , umm iam planning to do this : lvl6 Armor Shredder , lvl6 Hamstring , lvl6 Rabid Bite , lvl6 poison needles , lvl6 last skill forgot name , lvl 1 for the others this is until 37 correct me for anything , and tell me how to continue plz.

Pokechmp
01-27-2013, 07:29 PM
which skill build do you guys recommend , umm iam planning to do this : lvl6 Armor Shredder , lvl6 Hamstring , lvl6 Rabid Bite , lvl6 poison needles , lvl6 last skill forgot name , lvl 1 for the others this is until 37 correct me for anything , and tell me how to continue plz.
You will probably want to spam a high level lvl 3 atleast evade. Can be very useful. I'm doing lvl 6 evade. If you have extra points, then do whatever with them but I would put extra points into things like vixen kick or howl.

Drathel
09-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Can someone give me a kickass str/dex ranger build?

Brq
05-20-2014, 02:57 AM
This is a simple post, I simply want to help people that did not know about this.

How to make AOE(Area Of effect) combo for fox???
And How Much Fox have make Combos?

THX

Dasheus
08-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I feel a Ranger ( the fox) is more of a far ranged fighter , hes squishy and his attacks can be used from a distance although , I like to use the fox from a distance

Draoscao
01-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Cool beginnners guide :)

Troy Barney
03-30-2015, 02:07 PM
ranger only has awesome gender ;}

Seasaton
10-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Wtf. This is not a guide.

You offered literally no insight into how the character works - skills rotation, stat allocation, combos, etc.

You simply listed the definitions of the skills, which is something that anyone can read/find for themselves in-game.

This thread should be deleted for wasting people's time.

Rab
07-21-2017, 03:31 AM
Glad To See Some People Helping Starter Ranger Now If Only They See This Thread :3