PDA

View Full Version : All Ranger Skills + Thoughts

dudetus
12-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Here are all Rogue class' skills in order they unlock. I am atm a lvl 40 Rogue and I can say this might be my new absolute favorite class. I have gotten a hang of this, so I can comment on skills, what they do and how they work in PvE (as I havent gotten into PvP yet).

All skills are at lvl 1 so u can see how they increase as u lvl them.

Combo is Rabid Bite + Hamstring.

Yesh! A leap attack! Does the combo with Hamstring. 8m range, so birdies, keep us away. U can't use this skill if u r not in range.

Another leap attack. This seemed like pretty offensive class in the beginning. Same 8m range as Rabid has and can't use if u r not in range.

Now THIS was an interesting skill to unlock. This is our first AoE damaging skill (We only have 2). The poison makes this so interesting. -65% walking speed is a hefty burdain to carry in PvP. Not that high damage overall, but still an AoE skill and that poison damage for 3s alongside with nice speed reducing. Niiiiice. Comes with a push-back!

Yep, Evasion. This is kinda interesting. 5s cd and it's active for 3s, and breaks from roots. IMO it breaks from ice as well and then it should break stun..? Anyways, NEAT. Extra armor comes along and this is THE SKILL which u use 24/7. It's just a necessity.

The most worthless Buff in the whole game. 1 point adds 10 hit%. As if Dex chars had problems with hit%...

Hamstring. Second spell used to do the combo. This skill right here my friends, may be the most powerful offensive skill in the game. As a rank 9 skill, it decreases enemy's dodge by NINETY PERCENTS. Which basically makes the enemy undodgeable. AND as a lvl 9 skill it stuns the enemy with 60% possibility and it has "bleed proc", which does in total 90 damage in 3 seconds. U get this skill landed and u can already say "gf".

EDIT: Dodge decreasing is capped at 50% reducing. But stunning chance and bleed proc continue going the same way.

Oooo. Single Target Poisoning Arrow which does nice blast damage, comes along with poison damage AND -65% movement speed reduction. Before u get all "yippee I can make enemy unmoveable with these two poison skills", it seems that those movement speed reductions won't stack. I just observed that it might be this way, but I havent rly paid much attention to iit.

This is basically copied from Birds. It seems that this skill is glitched, as for me, it doesn't always "launch" the skill, even though it does gcd. Devs pls fix.

This is our second and final AoE skill. It's effects aren't that nice IMO but it's a nice filler and AoE skills are always good in PvE.

Rogue's heal is unique. It regens both Health and Mana, but it's interrupted at the very second u get damaged. Therefore, it's kinda useless unless u r running low on potions and stay around healing urself after a fight.

Oohooo. I was expecting leap attack for a Rogue but not certainly a pull! Our highest ranged attack (12m). It has IMO a slight delay (as the rogue giggles and pulls after that) but it's not an issue. HEY GUYS, WE GOT A PULL!!

We get high crit and we get our dmg pumped up as well. At this point I was already crying out of joy.

I guess that's it. Hopefully this was at least a bit entertaining and useful.

Cascade
12-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks, mind if I use this in my ranger skills thread?

Deadbite
12-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Nice!! +1 on mobile...

dudetus
12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Thanks, mind if I use this in my ranger skills thread?

Sure, go ahead :)

Bunnyshoota
12-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Just a tad bit overpowered.

Cascade
12-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Sure, go ahead :)

Mucho Gracias.

SamTheDog
12-13-2012, 09:42 PM
So are you playing pure dex or some sort of mix?

-kyleww
12-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Just a tad bit overpowered.

the skills may be good, but theyre also pretty squishy. its like a melee version of birds.

Rot
12-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Great guide Ninja!
Wanted to make a Rhino but this thread made me change my mind. ;3

vle_hoang
12-14-2012, 05:07 AM
just wonder why the heck did they make a skill like fury ? add 10% hit per point, like a dex character dont have enuff hit % ? they should make something that call "Alpha howl" that buff all wolfs in party for x% crit and y% damage, cuz in reality wolfs are hunting in pack and they are stronger when hunting in pack.

dudetus
12-14-2012, 06:43 AM
It seems that Rogue is intended to be Dex/Int class. Intellect pumps up damage as well. I am atm pure Dex, but I will changw myself a bit to int. I do not yet know the ratio, but I will test it out and inform my results.

Suntv
12-15-2012, 08:58 AM
It seems that Rogue is intended to be Dex/Int class. Intellect pumps up damage as well. I am atm pure Dex, but I will changw myself a bit to int. I do not yet know the ratio, but I will test it out and inform my results.

Love your posts!

I think it's meant as int-dex too, so I'm happy I was always an int-bird. Try an int/dex 55%/45% setup with more int then dex. Dex should be the minimal ammount of base dex your items require, then put the rest in int, because it adds to your skills damage. Plus you need m/s because of the insane ammount of mana you use.

My lv 15 now has 11 h/s and 13 m/s; no potions needed.

angeldawn
12-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Love your posts!

I think it's meant as int-dex too, so I'm happy I was always an int-bird. Try an int/dex 55%/45% setup with more int then dex. Dex should be the minimal ammount of base dex your items require, then put the rest in int, because it adds to your skills damage. Plus you need m/s because of the insane ammount of mana you use.

My lv 15 now has 11 h/s and 13 m/s; no potions needed.

Hey Sunny!! :D

Is this your new favorite toon?

Neutral
12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Armor shredder needs to be 12 m otherwise you cant beat a good endgame mage 3 m too low

mike1298
12-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Armor shredder needs to be 12 m otherwise you cant beat a good endgame mage 3 m too low

If you rush stun em quickly you can keep em up close.

Zodiarck
12-16-2012, 10:29 AM
just wonder why the heck did they make a skill like fury ? add 10% hit per point, like a dex character dont have enuff hit % ? they should make something that call "Alpha howl" that buff all wolfs in party for x% crit and y% damage, cuz in reality wolfs are hunting in pack and they are stronger when hunting in pack. its a fox lol but skill would be nice ^.-

Brave Sir Robin
01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for all the info and the useful tips. It's good to know that we are probably going for dex/int here.

The range for some of the skills is short (e.g. Hamstring, Armor Shredder -> 3m). I guess the idea is to buff, pull enemies in with Hypnotize (12m range) and debuff/stun them with Hamstring & Shredder. Then the fox can move away from the mob and throw all the long range attacks.

This makes me think that standard bear-style pull skills are essential, since you obviously want all the enemies in one place. So I guess, Hypnotize near wall, then step away from the wall and launch Vixen Kick to stick the enemies to the wall (thoughts?).

btw how is damage compared to dex birds?

dudetus
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the info and the useful tips. It's good to know that we are probably going for dex/int here.

The range for some of the skills is short (e.g. Hamstring, Armor Shredder -> 3m). I guess the idea is to buff, pull enemies in with Hypnotize (12m range) and debuff/stun them with Hamstring & Shredder. Then the fox can move away from the mob and throw all the long range attacks.

This makes me think that standard bear-style pull skills are essential, since you obviously want all the enemies in one place. So I guess, Hypnotize near wall, then step away from the wall and launch Vixen Kick to stick the enemies to the wall (thoughts?).

btw how is damage compared to dex birds?

Fox' pull is single target, it has only 2 AoE Skills and class combo is single target. Fox is only effective in single target combat which makes it (truth to be told) a horrible mob clearer and it's kinda chatoic to clear mobs with fox. The skill ranges are too short in general and damage done even to single target enemies are lower than pure dex birds not to mention Birds' AoE combo and Thorn Wall. And as Fox gets close to enemies due to leap attacks the only way to survive in a random unelixered pug is to spec to STR.

In PvP wise at least in end game foxes are ridicilously underpowered. As a lvl 76 full vanity, elite bow set yada yada Bird I could take out a lvl 71 Fox decked in BSM STR set before the fox could even finish it's leap. Sure, lvl 71 vs 76 battles are obviously unfair but any other class lvl 71 decked in BSM gear can land at least 1 hit to me.

In general, fox needs to be upgraded. It's damage must be the highest as it's almost pure melee DPS character. Fox loses at everything to a Bird, Birds' buffs are better, their damage is higher, their skill ranges are larger. U mention it, Birds have the upperhand.

EDIT: Speccing to INT only slightly increases damage done by Poison skills and the healing of Bandage. But on the controversy speccing to pure dex and wearing a bow increases the overall damage so greatly that u lose around 5 dmg (I don't remember the value decreasing to Bandage INT/DEX vs pure DEX) while u lose around 10-20 skill damage to other damaging skills. I myself used enough INT points to get lvl 20 INT rings (to get more mana via ring) but it was in vain truth to be told.

STS needs to decide at this point whether to make Fox a STR or DEX character. DEX/INT character might have sounded good on paper but in action it has made Foxes incredibly underpowered compared to original 3 and especially the designed counterpart Bird.

Large variery of Melee skills speaks for STR but I myself view Rogues fast and deadly killers. But with these buffs and skill ranges making Rogue a DEX character wouldn't solve anything as Rogue would still be the uber underpowered character

Brave Sir Robin
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
This is good hands-on info, dudetus.

Another problem I see when it comes to damage is that, if this class is intended for dual spec, it can't benefit from the best (damage wise) weapons (i.e. Phoenix bow for endgame and Forgotten for low/mid levels) because of the high dex required to equip these weapons. Not great news for a damage class...

Anyway, I think this is enough to get me going. Time to experiment a bit with specs and see what comes out :)

Gragorak
01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I have lvl 22 fox, and its good in pvp. Mages are hard to beat though, every good lvl 22-26 fox can admit this.

Biggest problem might be short duration of evasion. It's active only 6 seconds in average 10 seconds fight. :/ Luckily hypno helps a lot with this.