PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with the Fox :D

airslash
12-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, so recently I made a l15 "fox" and tried to twink. Atm, it seems pretty good, but then again, it seems to be weaker than bears and mages.
Yes, kiting is essential, but the difficulty lvl is pretty extreme.
1) against mages
- The range of pumpking chunker l15 is the exact same w/ the mage right? Well, w/ the same range weapon, the mage's skills (fire,ice,drain) are better because of damage, distance, and Drain (as we all know) steals hp from the opponent. On the other hand, you can rush in w/ the fox, but for me it seems as though im doing literally no damage.
The gear im uinsg
1) l15 gruesome pumpkin chunker
2) l15 expert leather
3) l10 sniper helm (plat pack)
Anyone know why this is so? I'm not sure if its my build, but something needs to change.
2) against bears
- at twinking bears are one of the hardest opponents to face. 1 mistake in kiting and its all over. However, a bear has buff, and a stomp +sms which can easily kill you if u get too close. As a fox, there are 2? long rage attacks at l15. The "rushing in" tactic is another word for "suicide" My question is this. When the bear is using a chunker (same as u) how are u supposed to defeat it???? Especially when the fox's skills are much different from a mage, and when the bear can use stomp to stun. :/
Any tips or opinions (relevant to the topic) will be appreciated.

Everyone'sFavMage
12-14-2012, 01:17 AM
U need short range more powerful bows or daggers. I don't pvp that low o&c level. But at 56 pvp fox kinda sux with xbow s. short range high damage like the obed dagger set seems better. Also fox needs a longer dodge buff.

mike1298
12-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Agreed about 56. I have tried all glyph sets, dagger does the best but we die in two hits

Everyone'sFavMage
12-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Gf i know whl u r

mike1298
12-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Gf i know whl u r

Had fun testing fox on you lol. I am moving him to 61 to test, then 66, and finally 71. May keep him at a 71 pvper.

MightyMicah
12-14-2012, 09:24 AM
The gear im uinsg

I found your mistake. Foxes can rush to close range. Use that to your advantage ;)

mike1298
12-14-2012, 09:29 AM
The gear im uinsg

I found your mistake. Foxes can rush to close range. Use that to your advantage ;)

And the rush to close range combos can hit pretty dang hard.

BlueSkied
12-14-2012, 10:14 AM
My observation is that foxes are severely underpowered at 20 and lower unless fighting a rhino, mage or another fox.