PDA

View Full Version : New Dual weapons movement :(

Zamu
12-14-2012, 12:10 PM
I've noticed that the way you move with dual weapons have changed due to the introduction of the Fox. Personally i think it is worse :( (Besides, isnt every fox now using a bow or cbow rather than dual daggers? Dual has always been below par for combat effectiveness)

Everyone who knows me knows that i wear Vampyr Chiroptera Fangs as part of my signature set (See my sig below). But with the new movement it looks really awkward running about. It may look slightly better if the character didnt wobble so much from side to side. (I doubt if you were using these weapons in a real fight you'd move towards your opponent while wobbling side to side, you'd try to stay centered and straight (Like a ninja!))

I took a screenshot of me running to show everyone what it looks like, it just doesnt suit it that well.

What is everyone elses opinions?

Roberto077
12-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I personally like it. If the standing still stance changed then I'll be sad :( I haven't payed any attention to dual weilds yet)

Multibird
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I like the wobble walk lol

Samhayne
12-14-2012, 12:57 PM
It's a matter of taste, which is always subjective. I thought the old dual wield animation looked like the character was carrying two buckets of cement - which isn't much like a ninja either!

Zamu
12-14-2012, 01:03 PM
It's a matter of taste, which is always subjective. I thought the old dual wield animation looked like the character was carrying two buckets of cement - which isn't much like a ninja either!

Haha yeah, the amount of "Carrying buckets" comments i got was quite a lot. I will say the general look of it if growing on me now. But is there any chance the wobble can be minimised? So you run more straighter and centered?

Think of how the Rogue on AL runs while a skill is charged, she runs pretty steady and straight. If you could have that, with the current weapons position on this run i think it would turn out good :)

Lowlyspy
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
I much prefer the new animation to the "i gotta take a dump" run. Also i'm partial to dual wielding, me gusta teh dps :3

ArtofWar
12-14-2012, 01:29 PM
But i liked it. :( Gonna sell all my dual weapons now.. they have no sense anymore.. :(

wammm
12-14-2012, 02:05 PM

LOL ! Taho(Soya) vendors in Philippines carries their vends on same thing(Old style of carrying fangs) just sayin lmao. Nevertheless, yeah I do agree with zamu,no wobling of fangs is waaay better than now,but I think doesn't really matter in Pvp cos I've never seen someone using fangs in it, but just for Swaaaaaag :p

MightyMicah
12-14-2012, 02:37 PM
I think the new look is legit :D

Techno Email
12-14-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm also down with the new look, personally. The old one felt very static from the waist up. It's supposed to be a combat stance, and I feel like I look much more "combat ready". I agree with Sam though, that it's a matter of taste.

Rare
12-14-2012, 02:59 PM

So true. If the swords are so heavy... how can I possibly fight with them?

skrapicoco
12-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I thought the old dual wield animation looked like the character was carrying two buckets of cement - which isn't much like a ninja either!

Very true! XD