PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Bout the UDB Complaining

FluffNStuff
12-14-2012, 02:32 PM
OK, so I may have gone to far. You just don't know what you have till you lose it. I admit I complained a lot about the UDB wiping my party, but I still have my pirate ship, and I LOVE IT! I get super psyched about about zany fun weapons so you can imagine my anticipation after reading this:

We have some really exciting stuff planned for the holidays, that will A. be awesome, B. blow your minds, and C. be totally crazy. I'll be focused on that until it comes out, but I'd like to make get these tweaks in in the meantime so you guys can continue to enjoy yourselves in PVP. :D WOOT!!!:frog:
Heck, I was half expecting that as soon as I pulled back the strings on that bow the skies would darken, the ground would open up and the end of days would be upon us. Instead I got ... nothing. I mean ... you are Techno :smiley_simmons::triumphant::victorious::highly_am used: Email ! The mastermind behind exploding bombs from the sky, fish from nowhere and craters opening up the gates of heck. Hmm. Maybe it is a bug. Maybe it is just not ready. Or maybe our complaining got to you. Well if it is the last one, I can give you a guarantee that whatever you make it do, I will LOVE IT. Want it to light the woods on fire and wipe the party? Bring it on! How bout it sets off an explosion so big it wipes the party in the game hosted above yours also? Even Better! The only bad thing it can do is nothing, because that will NOT A. be awesome, B. blow our minds, and C. be totally crazy.

razerfingers
12-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Haha! Id pay 9mil for an elite bow that wipes out team of game hosted above me lmao

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Samhayne
12-14-2012, 02:47 PM
In Techno's defense, I believe that the thing that is A. awesome B. blow your mind, etc.... was referring to the Vixen Ranger and Rhino Paladin. Just sayin...

FluffNStuff
12-14-2012, 03:17 PM
In Techno's defense, I believe that the thing that is A. awesome B. blow your mind, etc.... was referring to the Vixen Ranger and Rhino Paladin. Just sayin...

True, but this is Techno. She constantly continues to amaze us and raises the bar in different areas at the same time. I am just surprised at the lack of effect. Would you know if it is intentional or if we can expect an effect in a future patch?

Deathofan
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I would like an elite bow that whenever I enter a hosted game it automatically makes me the hoster and i can boot everyone, just my thoughts ;D

Techno Email
12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Indeed, it is true! I totally understand your excitement and anticipation around the elite weapons. I LOVED making those weapons!! :sentimental: To give you a little insight into how those were made, the tools I used to make the procs for the Elite level 71 Fire and Water weapons are similar to the tools I used to make the new classes' skills. :teapot: The Elite weapon procs were actually part of the inspiration behind creating new classes...in addition to years of player requests and Sam's awesome understanding of what would rock your socks off this holiday season. :banana:

I got to experiment a lot with our development tools while making the Level 71 Elite weapon procs. :livid: :smiley_simmons: I had a ton of ideas for awesome new procs, and I was really jonesing to make something new and really impactful. Sam has always said that new classes would be one of the coolest things we could do for the PL community, so we took a risk and decided to go all out. We made 24 new skills that all fit together with the game as a whole. After a lot of hard work from all the departments at Spacetime Studios, we think the new classes are A TON of fun! :angel: And, of course, we hope you do too... :redface:

The Level 71 Elite weapon proc's are super cool, because they were made with some really awesome tools and we invested a lot of resources in them. I can totally understand your anticipation around what the new Elite dungeon and weapons would be, especially after what I said. :single_eye: But, like any crazy surprise, it's not always what you expect. :fox: We decided to take those awesome tools and resources in something bigger this time around. As you mentioned, I'm T:disgust:TALLY nuts, and like to change things up. It's pretty much the definition of a community nightmare for an MMO, but our community relations and customer service guys cut me a ton of slack. :tickled_pink: This Elite Bossfight release is significantly different from the last. I definitely understand where you're coming from, and I tried to play on the differences (good and bad :chuncky:) to hopefully put out a release that was really amazing. :sentimental: I feel ya' though...come on - the Level 71 Fire staff procs a magical healing dragon!! BUT, now we have two whole new classes, including a Rhino with guardian birds who cure him and heal his friends!! (Ehem - and only his friends ;)).

:love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::l ove_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::lov e_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_ heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_he art::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_hear t::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart: :love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::love_heart::l ove_heart::love_heart:

P.S. GASP!!! I hit my emoticon limit!! Can you believe there's an emoticon limit?? :O

FluffNStuff
12-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Jaw drops, heart cracks, tries to fight back the tears. He looks back on the hours to get to 76, the time and plat in Eruption to get the Swift Set, the unbearable anticipation of this week knowing the Elite dungeon was coming all because he loves zany loopy weapons. He is not unreasonable. He knows resources are finite. He knows the new classes are what is important for the game. He knows that they are amazing, and will bring much more entertainment then a silly effect. He knows all this, but here he sits, jaw dropped, heart cracked, trying to fight back the tears.

Deathofan
12-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Add procs to l76 elite weps, it will give some inspiration to people to go out and waste tons of elixers to farm them.

xcainnblecterx
12-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Techno, did you have alot of sugar befor writing that? ;)