PDA

View Full Version : New Passive Character Abilities Coming in the Dead City Expansion

Samhayne
12-14-2012, 03:17 PM

Character advancement will take on a new twist in Arcane Legends after the Dead City expansion goes live. Besides spending points in active skills and active skill upgrades, you will also be able to spend your skill points into passive abilities. Passive abilities are always active and boost your character's stats.

The above screenshot shows off the Passives tab on the Skill Page. There are seven different passive abilities you can spend your points into. You have to be level 20 or higher to be able to spend points past rank 4. Here are the different abilities as they are currently implemented (still subject to change before release):

Durable: Increase your armor value by 1% for each point spent

Critical Shot: Increase your critical hit chance by 1% for each point spent

Damage: Increase your damage value by 1% for each point spent

Agility: Increase your Dexterity Stat by +5 for each point spent

Knowledge: Increase your Intelligence Stat by +5 for each point spent

Quickness: Increase your movement speed by 1% for each point spent

Might: Increase your Strength Stat by +5 for each point spent

So, with this in mind, how will you be changing your character build?

Astrocat
12-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Awesome! Can't wait! This is going, to, rock! :cheerful:

Edit: Will we be able to get more points though? Like, more even when 21?

Steverd
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
So, with this in mind, how will you be changing your character build?

So my next few skill points will go into: Durable and Damage for my warrior
And Durable and Knowledge for my Sorcerer

Kenzor
12-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Yay for ditching all skills for insane damage and hp..... I joke :P

sdrc
12-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Ooh, good news - =)
thx

dtandel10
12-14-2012, 03:57 PM
one question when we reach 21 will we have 21 skill points and 21 passive or just 21 in total?

i need to know sam

Samhayne
12-14-2012, 04:22 PM
one question when we reach 21 will we have 21 skill points and 21 passive or just 21 in total?

i need to know sam

You'll have 20 (you don't get one at level 1). Those 20 points you can spend into active skills and passive abilities combined.

Cero
12-14-2012, 04:22 PM

i need to know sam

there will be only 20skill points. coz you earn 1SP at level2.

got ninja'd by sam

dtandel10
12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
there will be only 20skill points. coz you earn 1SP at level2.

got ninja'd by sam Hiiii

dtandel10
12-14-2012, 04:34 PM
You'll have 20 (you don't get one at level 1). Those 20 points you can spend into active skills and passive abilities combined.
Thanks 4 the info sam

Deathpunch
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Free respecs for a few days on update?

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Growwle
12-14-2012, 04:53 PM

i need to know sam

So it works like the passive abilities in Dark Legends?

AntiCrash
12-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I would like to know whether we get a respec in the nextupdate or do we have to spend 5 platinum justto respec our skillset.

Samhayne
12-14-2012, 05:06 PM
I would like to know whether we get a respec in the nextupdate or do we have to spend 5 platinum justto respec our skillset.

Respecs will be set to be free for a couple of days after the update for people to experiment with their skills.

Astrocat
12-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Respecs will be set to be free for a couple of days after the update for people to experiment with their skills.

That is cool! Thanks Sam!

Roberto077
12-14-2012, 05:12 PM
+25 str = +250 health :)

+5% damage = not a big difference until high levels...

dtandel10
12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
+25 str = +250 health :)

+5% damage = not a big difference until high levels...
thats what im gonna do for my sorcerer spend all on str

and i agree 5% wont do any good

dtandel10
12-14-2012, 06:22 PM

"couple of days AFTER" does that mean we wont get free respec on day 1 of the launch

Bless
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM

"couple of days AFTER" does that mean we wont get free respec on day 1 of the launch he means after the update obv.

parnasofication
12-14-2012, 06:33 PM
So my next few skill points will go into: Durable and Damage for my warrior
And Durable and Knowledge for my Sorcerer

I don't think it will do much good having a 5% increase in armor for a sorcerer, better off adding strength for survivability.. If it was an additional 10-15 armor for every point, then spend away. Just my 2 cents though. :)

Jcyee
12-14-2012, 07:13 PM
woot! have been looking forward to this ever since it was announced :)

Ghostsmacker
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Cool. When is the rogue getting its 8th skill?

sdrc
12-14-2012, 07:31 PM
it's really good news

Maybe to a 10th level, to give 2 point instead of 1?????

This is very little else to be on such a large number of skills.
or take the time to even be more skill points as you do not raise the maximum level of more than 21

Actually 20 skill points on 21 level is very small.

Active skills 8 * 5 = 40
Passive 7 * 5 = 35
= 75 points for a full skills.

Deathpunch
12-14-2012, 07:34 PM
it's really good news

Maybe to a 10th level, to give 2 point instead of 1?????

This is very little else to be on such a large number of skills.
or take the time to even be more skill points as you do not raise the maximum level of more than 21

Actually 20 skill points on 21 level is very small.

Active skills 8 * 5 = 40
Passive 7 * 5 = 30
= 70 points for a full skills.

7 x 5 = 35*

There will be more points as level cap increases.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Vystirch
12-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the info!

lonakana
12-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Dunno if it would be possible, but adding a passive skill to increase your taunt (like it would add more aggro to warrior's taunt skills) would be well worth it for us tanks. That's wut id max out on since my rogues are aggro thieves.

shayen
12-14-2012, 09:31 PM
woahhh..can't wait for this.. hope its monday already

Energizer12
12-14-2012, 10:42 PM
poo... Just respected...

Vystirch
12-15-2012, 02:31 AM
poo... Just respected...

Well now u can do it again! :p

Vystirch
12-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Dunno if it would be possible, but adding a passive skill to increase your taunt (like it would add more aggro to warrior's taunt skills) would be well worth it for us tanks. That's wut id max out on since my rogues are aggro thieves.

Good idea lona. Cya in game tomorrow.

Ungbak
12-15-2012, 03:14 AM
So when will be the update? :D im getting eggcited

zaueski
12-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Awww sam.... I was excited when I heard about the passive skills at first but 5% dmg is only another 7 points of dmg even with a starting dmg of 140... idk bout the rest of you but that sounds kinda lame... guess ill be getting more health and mana after I max my current skills out cuz the dex skill doesn't really do tht much in dmg :(

denzel95
12-15-2012, 10:24 AM
This is really cool, Especially the free respec part :)

Wizard_Mike
12-15-2012, 10:40 AM
So it's the same passives for all classes? I was kind of hoping each class had it's own set of passives to choose from, so we could see stuff like increased threat/aggro for tanks, mana regen for sorcerers, poison (DoT) for rogues, etc.

Still looking forward to the update, of course! My tank will definitely love more armor and strength! :)

Cahaun
12-15-2012, 10:47 AM
So it's the same passives for all classes? I was kind of hoping each class had it's own set of passives to choose from, so we could see stuff like increased threat/aggro for tanks, mana regen for sorcerers, poison (DoT) for rogues, etc.

Still looking forward to the update, of course! My tank will definitely love more armor and strength! :)
They may do something like that later by adding a few more things into this and make AL have the best place for unique builds.

ProSophist
12-15-2012, 11:24 AM
A bit disappointing to see all classes have the same passives.
I was expecting some taunt passive or mana regen from mages.

Lovee
12-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Hmms.. Active or passive..

Tuik
12-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Looks good. Now I just gotta decide whether to get more dex or str :D

Energizeric
12-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Durable: Increase your armor value by 1% for each point spent

Critical Shot: Increase your critical hit chance by 1% for each point spent

Damage: Increase your damage value by 1% for each point spent

Quickness: Increase your movement speed by 1% for each point spent

These will be useful when we are at higher levels and have significant stats for each of these. 1% is proportional depending on what your value is, so if I have 150 dmg, then 1% more is only a 1.5 dmg increase, but later on when maybe I have 600 dmg, then 1% is a 6 dmg increase.

Agility: Increase your Dexterity Stat by +5 for each point spent

Knowledge: Increase your Intelligence Stat by +5 for each point spent

Might: Increase your Strength Stat by +5 for each point spent

These will be the ones most will want to use right now while at lower levels since they are not proportional and are set values, not percentages. 5 extra STR will give 50 health now, which for my character is around an 8% boost in health, where as later one when maybe I have 3000 health, a 50 health boost would only be a 1.6% increase.

Looking at this the way it is, you are almost asking us to do respecs every time there is a cap increase. I think a better solution would be for all of these passive skills to either be percentages or all of them to be set values. Not a mix of both. That way we can just choose our spec and stick with it. The way it is now, what is good for long term is not good for short term.

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 07:02 AM
A little disappointed and frustrated to see how lack luster these abilities are. This is a sheepish development that extends the lengthening list of unoriginal, recanned, material that STS is starting to be known for.

I will spend points in the same predictable manner that the game's uninspiring ability system has strangled each playable character into from the beginning.

wvhills
12-17-2012, 09:20 AM
after looking through all the passives I honestly don't think I'll be using any. I was expecting them to be essential like DL.

TheLowerLight
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Pretty boring passives. Just more stats that you can get from armor/weapons. I would have liked to seen more passives that are game changing and affect the playstyle of your character for example:

for warrior:
Blood Feud - 1% chance to gain 1% of max HP back on each attack. (max of 5% to gain 5% of hp)
Threatening Presence - Basic attacks gain more aggro per point.
Spiked armor - 3% of damage taken is reflected back to enemies. (max of 15% reflect)

for rogue:
Shadow mastery - shadow piercer and shadow veil have their mana requirements lowered by 5%. (max of 25%)
Bow master - noxious bolt and aimed shot (?) gain 1% damage and 1% critical chance. (max of 5% dmg. and 5% crit)
Hidden from View - fully charged attacks have a 20% chance to give you a 100% dodge buff for 1 second. (max 100% chance)

for sorcerer:
Arcane acquisition - mana regen is increased by 2/sec. (max 10/sec)
Elemental forces - damage done by elemental attacks (fire, frost, lightning, wind) are increased by 2%. (max 10%)
Silence - your offensive skills have a chance to interrupt the target's skill casting by 10%. (max 50%)

Now these are good passives. Skill points are scarce still and aren't worth throwing away in passives where you will hardly notice a difference.

Energizeric
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm hoping the new game client shows your health regen and mana regen stats. Because right now it's just a big mystery.

flashbackflip
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Pretty boring passives. Just more stats that you can get from armor/weapons. I would have liked to seen more passives that are game changing and affect the playstyle of your character for example:

for warrior:
Blood Feud - 1% chance to gain 1% of max HP back on each attack. (max of 5% to gain 5% of hp)
Spiked armor - 3% of damage taken is reflected back to enemies. (max of 15% reflect)

for rogue:
Shadow mastery - shadow piercer and shadow veil have their mana requirements lowered by 5%. (max of 25%)
Bow master - noxious bolt and aimed shot (?) gain 1% damage and 1% critical chance. (max of 5% dmg. and 5% crit)
Hidden from View - fully charged attacks have a 20% chance to give you a 100% dodge buff for 1 second. (max 100% chance)

for sorcerer:
Elemental forces - damage done by elemental attacks (fire, frost, lightning, wind) are increased by 2%. (max 10%)
Silence - your offensive skills have a chance to interrupt the target's skill casting by 10%. (max 50%)

Now these are good passives. Skill points are scarce still and aren't worth throwing away in passives where you will hardly notice a difference.

These are REALLY creative

Those announced by STS r dull and unimaginative. .

Listen to yo fans, STS!
Oh, wait, wrong company...

Rantelz
12-18-2012, 03:10 AM

for warrior:

for rogue:

for sorcerer:

100% dodge for 1 sec? no way. you need more than 1 sec for that lol. like 5 secs sounds better lol

TheLowerLight
12-18-2012, 11:58 AM
100% dodge for 1 sec? no way. you need more than 1 sec for that lol. like 5 secs sounds better lol

ahh! BUt look how often you charge your skills. with 5 points, every 3 seconds you are dodging an attack. Nice passive don't you think? I actually think it's pretty overpowered, more than mage's shield so if it was a real passive it would be toned down because in pvp it would be devastating.

Also for kiting, running into a group of mobs with a charged skill, then getting a second to dodge every single hit and getting out of there.

Eviljack
12-18-2012, 02:37 PM

I like your ideas. I would also add:
"Pet Mastery" - pets stay happy longer by 10-50% and do more damage by 2-10%
"Luck" - enemies and chests drop items more often by some percent

Vystirch
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
i love all these ideas! i hope sts implements some.

Velnias
12-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I thought , for example if i'm 15lvl, i will have 15active skill points and 15 passive skill point :( oh well.

Deathpunch
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I thought , for example if i'm 15lvl, i will have 15active skill points and 15 passive skill point :( oh well.

Nope, you'll just have 14 points total at level 15.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.