PDA

View Full Version : what will u spend ur passive skills on

dtandel10
12-14-2012, 04:45 PM
im thinking of maxing out "might" (+5 str) since im a sorcerer

what will u spend urs on? and name me ur class

Energizeric
12-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Yeah, I agree, I'm also going to respec to full STR on the stats too. I'm finding that INT matters very little for PvE. The best chance you have is survivability. It doesn't really matter how hard you hit. Best would be 500 armor, around 1500 health, and like 50-80 dmg.

I guess at the beginning I wanted my sorcerer to hit very hard, but now I see folks walking around with great K/D ratios and I got hundreds of deaths, and can't even get through the hauntlet without dying. So I'm rethinking my approach.

dtandel10
12-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I agree, I'm also going to respec to full STR on the stats too. I'm finding that INT matters very little for PvE. The best chance you have is survivability. It doesn't really matter how hard you hit. Best would be 500 armor, around 1500 health, and like 50-80 dmg.

I guess at the beginning I wanted my sorcerer to hit very hard, but now I see folks walking around with great K/D ratios and I got hundreds of deaths, and can't even get through the hauntlet without dying. So I'm rethinking my approach.

we sould be mind buddy we think jus alike

im also remaking my sorcerer today coz of the K/D and ill put 50% on int and str

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Clearing mob packs is your role and part of survival. Nerf your INT too much and not only will you simply prolong your inevitable death, you'll gimp your party by not being able to burst well..

IOW: less INT means fewer skills that do less damage which means your just taking up space

dtandel10
12-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Clearing mob packs is your role and part of survival. Nerf your INT too much and not only will you simply prolong your inevitable death, you'll gimp your party by not being able to burst well..

IOW: less INT means fewer skills that do less damage which means your just taking up space

i'd rather.have more hp than do more damage since SOME warriors cant tank properly and make the rouge and sorcerer die (eliet jarl) also sam said "add some of your stat point to str" so yea jus following the leader

Energizeric
12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Update to my above post:

I've finally upgraded my gear, and now have around 440 armor (with no pet). For the first time I find myself not dying as much, even with only having around 600 hp. As stated above, I think I will add some STR, but maybe only enough to get up to around 750 health. I think having the high armor protects me enough. I still have around 135 dmg, so it's not like I can't kill the mobs. I just need to be able to withstand a mob coming after me. Most warriors I have played with don't even try to tank.

Montanabro
12-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Update to my above post:

I've finally upgraded my gear, and now have around 440 armor (with no pet). For the first time I find myself not dying as much, even with only having around 600 hp. As stated above, I think I will add some STR, but maybe only enough to get up to around 750 health. I think having the high armor protects me enough. I still have around 135 dmg, so it's not like I can't kill the mobs. I just need to be able to withstand a mob coming after me. Most warriors I have played with don't even try to tank.

Mind if I ask where you were dying? Even on an elite map, if you have a capable tank you shouldn't be dying that much.

Energizeric
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Mind if I ask where you were dying? Even on an elite map, if you have a capable tank you shouldn't be dying that much.

Some of the bosses on the elite maps can one-hit me, meaning I don't have time to even use a health potion. And then if mobs come after me, there's not much I can do. Even attempting to spam pots won't save me as I can't spam them fast enough.

Delirium
12-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Pure int, especially now with the update that lets int give HP as well.

If you're a mage and you can't do any damage, it doesnt matter how well you survive.. you're useless to your party.

All of the top sorcerers on leaderboard are pure INT. Mages are supposed to die easily.. that's the tradeoff for high damage.

razerfingers
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Im full int with the might passive at 4 and the damage passive at 4 havent tried pve yet but i dont do elite runs on anything but my warrior. Theres no need since theres a stash and its easier not to die.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Nightarcher
12-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Int gives 3 health points each now!

crestmage
12-20-2012, 02:16 AM

IMO full str isn't really the best build for mages. Try going around at a 1:2 ratio (STR/INT)

dtandel10
12-20-2012, 10:48 AM
note the descution me and engeneric had was before the update now im planing on going more int

Khahl
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I respecced a number of times trying to see where I can get the best balance at. I realized quickly that INT now gives hitpoints... So, I immediately re-specced again to Full INT! I do not die that often, honestly... I do have many deaths, but it's mostly from being stupid and from when I was a newbie and died dozens of times trying to do ridiculous things I knew I could never do.

Being Full INT is the best spec IMO. You're a mage - you are there to do damage as fast as possible. The tank should be good enough to keep the bosses and mobs off of you, but he should have his work cut out for him. The essence of a good group is a constant battle between DPS and Tanks keeping aggro!

My current spec is a modified version of my spec from before the update. I won't be divulging everything, but I can say that I use Frost Bolt, Fire Ball, Lightning, and Curse - and my passive points currently are just maxed out +INT.

Side Note: My testing did show me that the +Damage % passive is not anywhere near as beneficial as the +INT is at this point in the game.

ShadowGunX
12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
I respecced a number of times trying to see where I can get the best balance at. I realized quickly that INT now gives hitpoints... So, I immediately re-specced again to Full INT! I do not die that often, honestly... I do have many deaths, but it's mostly from being stupid and from when I was a newbie and died dozens of times trying to do ridiculous things I knew I could never do.

Being Full INT is the best spec IMO. You're a mage - you are there to do damage as fast as possible. The tank should be good enough to keep the bosses and mobs off of you, but he should have his work cut out for him. The essence of a good group is a constant battle between DPS and Tanks keeping aggro!

My current spec is a modified version of my spec from before the update. I won't be divulging everything, but I can say that I use Frost Bolt, Fire Ball, Lightning, and Curse - and my passive points currently are just maxed out +INT.

Side Note: My testing did show me that the +Damage % passive is not anywhere near as beneficial as the +INT is at this point in the game.

full int mage r nukers ;now as int also grants hp now mages r walking nuclear bombs that fear none =-O

Energizeric
12-21-2012, 03:57 AM
I finally got a chance to respec tonight and after some playing around I realized that what you are all saying is true. Full INT is now the way to go. Before the update I was 2-4 (STR-INT) and had around 600 health. Now I'm full INT, only one level higher, and I got 1100 health. Plus my damage went up from 133 to 151 with the same gear. Also, due to increases in the armor values in my demonologist helm & armor, my armor stat went up about 50 points.

And yes, I agree that at this point in the game none of the 1% passives are worth doing. They surely will be later on when we are at higher levels, but for now the way to go with passives is with the +5 STR/DEX/INT depending on your needs & class. So far I only used one passive point, but it was +5 INT.