PDA

View Full Version : tips and tricks for a pally when in PvP-1V1

XghostzX
09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
alright so this is my first guide (not too long), so please comment if anything seems wrong. this works best for 1V1.

So do bears ever frustrate you because of there high health?? NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT. A trick i came up with is this: When you and another player (bear) are running at each other ready to just dump all of the skills on each other, you know that the classic iron blood is going to be used, along with other spells. Ok, so go along with me here. What you want to do is use lighting, not for damage, but for armor break. then quickly use drain life along with ice blast (if not then ice storm) and firestorm combo. The opponent will be knocked back with a fair enough damage taken away and a 12 second armor break. This is when you attack. use weakness, so there dodge percent is reduced. Use nightmare, to lower there armor obviously. if you used ice blast, you should still have ice storm. use it and by the time u use ice storm, firestorm should be ready for action again. use firestorm. if that doesn't do it, you still got one more thing. Chances are, the opponents health will be low. your ice blast and lighting should be ready for use again. use those and finish it up with your lance or spear. I KNOW---it sounds like a lot but you get used to it. IF the opponent understands your trick and waits for you to use firestorm, just do the classic pally blast ;D.

the same thing can be used against dex birds with bows, but it's a bit trickier. Same stuff basically, but since there dodge percent is high, take out the lighting used at the beginning. (remember to use mana shield at first, the blast at the very beginning can be harsh) then use weakness, nightmare, lightning, ice storm, and finish it up with your weapon. (shock lance preferred, spear will work to).

Well tell me what you guys think about this. This strategy works for me so i wanna know how it works for you pallies out there. If anything seems wrong please comment. This was my first guide, so i hope you enjoy :D

FluffNStuff
09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Mana shield is mages Achilles heal. It allows your enemy to widdle away your mana.

giayuan
09-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Mana shield is mages Achilles heal. It allows your enemy to widdle away your mana.

IKR!!! Everytime i use mana shield, they use some stupid combo, and i hav no mp left!
and without mp, i cant even attack! let alone stay alive except run and wait for my thoth armor to recharge...

XghostzX
09-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Maybe i shouldve included mages :/ just use mana shield and before the opponent gets too close, use drain life ice blast firestorm