PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please...

Deanoboi
12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Ok so I need some advice, iv asked ingame and it's so hard to find some1 to help as I just get ignored, iv notice there's not many helpful ppl ingame...

So here goes

What is the point in running gauntlets
What is the point in running the tombs
What is the point in running elites

Now I'm only level 15, currently levelling in the kraag tombs, iv yet to run gauntlets and try the elite modes as I dno what they are or for/point.

So there's my 3 questions!

Thanks!

Astrocat
12-15-2012, 12:46 PM
All these 3 questions can only be answered by you. I'd more take your 3 questions as a ''what's the point of playing?''. So, only you can know what's the point of playing. My 2 cents. :)

ProSophist
12-15-2012, 12:54 PM
To give you a more constructive answer rather than a vague, redundant post count reply:

1. Hauntlet gives you Hauntlet tokens. You can use those to buy Hauntlet exclusive pets. Also in Hauntlet you can acquire the Loki pet. If you're competitve, you can also try your luck on the leaderboards.

2. Tombs is a good place to farm exp if you arent 16 yet.

3. Elite is the best place to farm for pinks. Only there can you get Elite chests which yields a pretty good chance of giving top tier gears. You can also get Malison from elite Bael.

Bless
12-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Hauntlet: Hauntlet coins or quest or achievements
Tombs: farming xp or quests or farming pinks or achievements
Elites: achievements or farming elite chests

Edit" ouch ninja'd

Astrocat
12-15-2012, 12:59 PM
To give you a more constructive answer rather than a vague, redundant post count reply:

http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

Royce
12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Also in Hauntlet you can acquire the Kettle pet.

Afaik there are no decent drops in the hauntlet, and Kettle is an elite map drop. That's the only reason I never run the hauntlet unless I have quests, no excitement, just a predictable crap drop and a coin.

Cahaun
12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Also in Hauntlet you can acquire the Kettle pet.

Afaik there are no decent drops in the hauntlet, and Kettle is an elite map drop. That's the only reason I never run the hauntlet unless I have quests, no excitement, just a predictable crap drop and a coin.
The coins do add up to some good pets. I'm almost at the 113 mark in story tokens.

Royce
12-15-2012, 01:53 PM
The coins do add up to some good pets. I'm almost at the 113 mark in story tokens.

Yup, the pets are nice, but it's a true grind earning them unless you are going for the leaderboard. I like the excitement of random drops with good stuff in the mix. With the hauntlet you know exactly what each run will produce before it starts, 1 hauntlet coin and 1 crap drop to liquidate. Even if there was just 1 good drop there, very rare, I'd probably be running it all the time.

Astrocat
12-15-2012, 01:55 PM
Yup, the pets are nice, but it's a true ground earning them unless you are going for the leaderboard. I like the excitement of random drops with good stuff in the mix. With the hauntlet you know exactly what each run will produce before it starts, 1 hauntlet coin and 1 crap drop to liquidate. Even if there was just 1 good drop there, very rare, I'd probably be running it all the time.

Wait, is there a Pet achievement? Like, if you get all the pets, you get an achievement? Never seen any. :(

ProSophist
12-15-2012, 01:59 PM
I've never actually seen Kettle drop but if I do remember it correctly, there were a couple of people who told me they got it there. Either that or I'm mistaken.

Limsi
12-15-2012, 07:25 PM

1. Hauntlet gives you Hauntlet tokens. You can use those to buy Hauntlet exclusive pets. Also in Hauntlet you can acquire the Kettle pet. If you're competitve, you can also try your luck on the leaderboards.

2. Tombs is a good place to farm exp if you arent 16 yet.

3. Elite is the best place to farm for pinks. Only there can you get Elite chests which yields a pretty good chance of giving top tier gears. You can also get Malison from elite Bael.

This pretty much answers the query on a more detailed manner, though I have yet to confirm the existence of Kettle as a drop item there. I'll keep posted. :)

ProSophist
12-15-2012, 07:41 PM
I was wrong. Kettle does NOT drop from Hauntlet. It was actually Loki. Sorry for the confusion folks.

Limsi
12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I was wrong. Kettle does NOT drop from Hauntlet. It was actually Loki. Sorry for the confusion folks.

Is the drop limited to a level of the hauntlet, or would it be same for all levels (upper and lower)? Thank you for the clearance with regards to which pet drops from there. :)

LwMark
12-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok so I need some advice, iv asked ingame and it's so hard to find some1 to help as I just get ignored, iv notice there's not many helpful ppl ingame...

So here goes

You couldnt be anymore right

ProSophist
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
There is no Lower Hauntlet in the game right. I honestly don't know when it'll be added, but I do know there will be one since there are achievements for it.
But yes, Loki does drop from Upper Hauntlet.

Royce
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Is this so,etching you've personally confirmed? Or something you've just heard? Because Loki is likewise an elite map drop.

CriticalCyr
12-15-2012, 08:51 PM
http://hellogiggles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

You've proven ProSophist's point.

Astrocat
12-15-2012, 09:30 PM
You've proven ProSophist's point.

I know, and i'm glad I did. If there's a rule saying ''do not try to put some humor or post memes'' show it to me, then I will understand and i'll shut it. If not, I think you should take a chill pill, and let me post what I want to post since it doesn't offend anyone. Don't hate, and appreciate. Stop that criticism, take your hands off your pockets, and let people be. Stop complaining or looking what others do bad. Look at you before.
Peace ;)