View Full Version : Charging vs. Uncharged

DontNerfMeBro
12-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Aside from the times a boss has 3 HP left or there's one trash mob remaining. Just wondering at what times people think it's ok to fire off an ability uncharged and how it fits into cycling of a build.

Royce
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
It totally depends on the build. I charge fireball against packs of mobs for knockdown and don't against bosses for higher DPS since knockdown isn't effective for example. You will do a lot more damage against bosses if you can plant yourself and keep your regular attack firing and only charge what it makes sense to charge. Again though, it totally depends on the build and situation. If the tank isn't holding aggro and my sorcerer is forced to run in circles making standard attacks less effective, then I'm more likely to charge skills if they have any charged effects that will impact the boss.

csyui
12-15-2012, 02:20 PM
For skill attack, I would say charge, if you have unlocked its effect.
For normal attack, either way is doing well, your choice.

Astrocat
12-15-2012, 03:44 PM
For skill attack, I would say charge, if you have unlocked its effect.
For normal attack, either way is doing well, your choice.

Same as you. But I don't find ''charging'' really effective. Apart from charging a skill, yes.
I just don't understand what's the point of a normal charging when it doesn't add more damage (for me). Maybe a bug?

DontNerfMeBro
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
It totally depends on the build. I charge fireball against packs of mobs for knockdown and don't against bosses for higher DPS since knockdown isn't effective for example. You will do a lot more damage against bosses if you can plant yourself and keep your regular attack firing and only charge what it makes sense to charge. Again though, it totally depends on the build and situation. If the tank isn't holding aggro and my sorcerer is forced to run in circles making standard attacks less effective, then I'm more likely to charge skills if they have any charged effects that will impact the boss.

Yes. basic attack from sorc is devastating.

csyui
12-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Same as you. But I don't find ''charging'' really effective. Apart from charging a skill, yes.
I just don't understand what's the point of a normal charging when it doesn't add more damage (for me). Maybe a bug?

really? maybe you kill mobs so fast :chuncky:
For me, a normal charging will double the dmg compared to no charging.

Bless
12-15-2012, 04:08 PM

really? maybe you kill mobs so fast :chuncky:
For me, a normal charging will double the dmg compared to no charging. yup double for me too

Royce
12-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes. basic attack from sorc is devastating.

Why troll your own thread? It's quite simple, the attack does damage. If you use it in combination with your skills you will do more damage overall than by just charging and firing skills. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. Of course, based on other recent posts, you don't really seem to get damage output ;)

Patricks
12-15-2012, 07:42 PM
For sorcerer, very generally speaking, charge for group target, no charge for single target.

CriticalCyr
12-15-2012, 10:01 PM
I believe that's across the board. It's just only visible for sorcerers, that when you charge your attack, the blast is significantly wider than non-charged.

ShadowGunX
12-15-2012, 10:26 PM
charging is effective only when it inflicts additional dmg like:-
-charged HoR gives more heal nd a protective shield
-u kno d insane buff of venge blood :-P +50str ; +25% dmg ; +25%crit
-charged fireball knockdwns
-charged CS knockbcks nd stunt etc.

BodMaster
12-16-2012, 01:23 AM
I believe that's across the board. It's just only visible for sorcerers, that when you charge your attack, the blast is significantly wider than non-charged.

Normal attack for Rogue is single dmg, but if charged becomes a circular AoE attack.

Normal Attack = Thrust (Single)

Charged Attack = Spin (AoE, and releases a weapons Proc)

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 02:37 AM
Why troll your own thread? It's quite simple, the attack does damage. If you use it in combination with your skills you will do more damage overall than by just charging and firing skills. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. Of course, based on other recent posts, you don't really seem to get damage output ;)

I wasn't trolling. Try and relax a little.

McBain
12-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Usually only charge when there's a reason to for a certain skill, like for the knockdown on fireball. I don't really do it on regular, non-skill attacks. If charging does twice the damage, but it takes twice as long to attack, isn't it pretty much the same thing?

DataPunk
12-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Tip to all warriors not keeping agro, charge ur normal attack.

Astrocat
12-16-2012, 04:55 AM
I wasn't trolling. Try and relax a little.

You too, relax.

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 05:35 AM
You too, relax.

Who asked you?

Astrocat
12-16-2012, 05:48 AM
Who asked you?

It wasn't an answer. Since your attitude with me is unbelievable.

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 07:14 AM
It wasn't an answer. Since your attitude with me is unbelievable.

Why you mad at me? You should be happy I give you material to keep up your forum farming.

Astrocat
12-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Why you mad at me? You should be happy I give you material to keep up your forum farming.

Sure, if you say so, then stop being mad because I post too much. :)

Lovee
12-16-2012, 07:24 AM
I usually just tap away since charging is too troublesome :)

DontNerfMeBro
12-16-2012, 08:18 AM
I usually just tap away since charging is too troublesome :)

I have the least experience with the rogue but I imagine this could be troublesome. Not charging an ability still costs the same mana as a charged one and spamming skills would compound their already difficult mana problems.

I can hear people already... "Just pot!"

Astrocat
12-16-2012, 08:34 AM
I honestly prefer spamming skills and attack button, since it's much more faster. I guess mine bugs, since when I charge my attack, the damage doesn't do what it's supposed to.