PDA

View Full Version : Hi.

Chickdigcookies
09-16-2010, 11:25 PM
So today has been a bit weird. Its a small story i wanted to share with you guys...the people of PL.

So recently ive gotten the notion that im playing for loot/gold, and forgetting about actually playing. Its almost sad to see how many people do the same. Greed has become our favorite word, and most of us dont even know it...

I met this guy, hes a lvl 45 bear, i wont say the name. For the last 2 weeks all hes been doing is farm AO2-4 looking for a Zuraz Shock Lance without any luck. He logs in, makes a game, and invites. Im lucky to be in his friends list, so i get invites. He likes to clear the map, so i really enjoying playing with him.

This whole time ive been farming with him, I had a Zuraz Shock Lance in my stash just rotting away,since i dont like my bear. I never said anything, because he liked farming for one.

Today was different though. After a couple runs of AO2-4, I went to my stash, took my Lance, joined his game, and gave it to him. He was happy. He offered me money, and i said no. He offered me loot and i said no. He eventually offered his old lance (Conq) and i took it.

So he finally had a Zuraz Shock Lance...what now?

We cleared to boss, killed boss, and he said...remaking.

That got to me. Someone who actually plays the game how it was meant to be played.

Most of us play this game to be kings of loot, or rich. I was one for a while, until today.

I see people farming that "uber-rare" helm like crazy. To the point of scaring away low levels...which pisses me off since its a public room.

Maybe this story was useless. Or maybe im just too stupid. All I know is that I will now enjoy this game more. Not worrying about money or loot. Who needs it. My toons have ok gear, and i sure as hell dont need more gear taking up my stash slots.

Lets just enjoy the game how the devs want us to enjoy it.

vulgarstrike
09-16-2010, 11:29 PM
this is actually a very good and insightful post.
I do believe I know who you are talking about.
the games are often run with monotone continuity, and some outstanding changes are applaudable.

ps, go online so I can start making your money grow

KingFu
09-16-2010, 11:38 PM
This is a very good point, i appreciate your gifting to me and that young bear in seek of a zuraz lance. I think I sell because there is nothing to do right now, it keeps me occupied, but I do understand what you're saying. Lately more of my friends have been getting on and ive been farming more and more just for the heck of it.

Raxie
09-17-2010, 12:04 AM
awesome story. i gave my conq lance for free because my friend wanted it really bad and he still played. i also learnt the same lesson that you learnt.

KingFu
09-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I spent 1 mil on friends not to long ago, and gave away 3 Thoth plasmas (when they were worth like 500K) and a ryylox blaster (practically gave it away, when they sold for 600K) I'm currently buying my friend a shock lance =( can't find one.

RedRyder
09-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Id be charitable too if i had the funds and items lol i do have awesome friends that helped me out when i stopped playing for a month and came back completely left behind. Esus and mysticaldream to be specific. Its good seeing that the guys i started playing with are still around and playing the game how its meant

jonboy
09-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Don't think chick is on about giving things, more he has had a paradigm shift, I've got my main geared nicely now, well enuff to be happy,I'm enjoying making games enjoying the game, I honestly get more joy out of seeing someone else get a drop they want, or helping someone do their last few levels and enjoying their happiness at hitting 45, that's worth remaking the map everytime.

giayuan
09-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Very well said chickdig. Most people probably are just bored as heelll. I spend time lvlin my other charcters, sometimes playin lvls. But it seriously get pretty boring... I understand how some of us turn into those greed monsters.

flaimdude
09-17-2010, 08:58 AM
True that.

Azrael
09-17-2010, 09:03 AM
good post. Great bear.