PDA

View Full Version : Too many good skills

Prack
12-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Paladin has too many good skills. I'm having a hard time picking what ones to focus on. What have you guys liked so far?

Extreme
12-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Same here

Cahaun
12-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I think some of the skills are a bit underpowered compared to the other classes. They may have great effects, but there are things hindering them.
Mana usage is major to this class and the main regeneration skill is only active for 3 seconds while the cooldown is almost a minute. Some of the skills should get more range and AoE like the stomp skill with stun and debuff. 3 meters is very small for something like this. The healing is working great. It may not be a super big heal like the mages but it keeps others alive. The birds could stick around a bit longer. 6 seconds seems a bit small.
Palidans are still fun to play though through all of this.

Sciazaratek
12-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Unless i noticed Paladins are rather a supporter class , an assist ( 8 of 12 skills are buffs) i added some points ob the several party buffs like Guardian . But the priority skills are charge!!!&redemption for tge combo . Mine are at 6.

Prack
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
I feel like charge/redemption are a bad choice because they are single target and paladin isn't really a dps class. Being a support class I have put a lot of my points in the group buffs. I also tried putting a lot of points in the mana regen skill but it doesn't appear to be worth it. I think I'm going to drop that one down to 1 point. Charge and redemption have one point each atm also. I am very excited about the class, I actually dropped my 46 warrior and am going to make my paladin my main. My warrior only made it to 46 because I started to focus on the other legends games but it is great to be back in PL :)

crestmage
12-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Guardian buff coupled with Stone Skin= Rock. Love the buffs but hate the fact that they can't stack :/ Offensive skills have way too little damage overall, except for Holy Tempest. IMO maxing out charge and redemption isn't really worth it, especially when you're still at the level 30 or below range. I would go for max Holy Tempest, Guardian, Stone Skin, Vital Force and one point each in Charge and Redemption. Plus some point into restore too which gives nice H/p regen ;)

Ogbuehi
12-19-2012, 05:49 PM
I was kind of expecting to have more offensive skills rather than be a support toon(that's what I thought my cap Mage was for). But I'm almost at level 50, so I'll see what my cyber set does in oasis. I wish there was a major AoE skill.

Ogbuehi
12-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Tornado with cyber armor is strong. This toon gets much better with rank. Can't wait until I hit 70s.

Prack
12-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Paladin is a support class in most games. I like that it's a support class personally. I have been going mostly heal/buffs with a point in each of the offensive skills. I think I may invest some points in the AOE's as well.

Fusionstrike
12-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I've gotten mine up to 68 now. I still feel like the class is underpowered. When I want to kill something, I just don't have any "go-to" tactics. I can charge/redemption, but even at 6 each it doesn't really hit all that hard. When the combo lands it does a good chunk, but it misses enough to net out to a very slow way to kill things. I don't foresee it getting any better maxing these skills based on the small amount of damage increase each point gives.

Holy tempest is the closest thing to a killing method, but even that at 9 isn't so hot. It's better than nothing, and does at least have some range, but against the end game level foes it just doesn't cut it. Maybe once I can wield some elite weapons the damage will go up enough to be felt by the baddies, but I don't have much hope.

It is nice to have another not-so-squishy source of rev, but a lot of times I feel like that's the only thing I bring to the party. The party buffs sound ok, but I just don't see any difference really in party performance. It's not like I can tell the party's really hitting with a vengeance when vital force is on, for example. And brute force caps at +5 armor for party. Really? Like that has any effect at all against the 500-1000 point hit power of endgame bosses.

So really I can't figure out the character's design. Is it a fighter? If so, it's the world's weakest. Is it a support class? Then what support is is bringing exactly? Is it a tank? If so, it needs some defensive skills. Stone skin lasts for 12s and is down for 20s, so 2/3 of the time you're left swinging in the breeze while the baddies wail on you. This character type needs some rethinking and a pretty major overhaul on its skill set IMO.