PDA

View Full Version : Elixirs and the End Game

dudetus
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
As I was yesterday lvling up my Foxie with my eye on the lvl 76 fancy dancy elite vanity helm, I just realized something.

I have been a pro-elixir ever since Nuri. I've loved to do things quickly, as I do not have required patience or time to devote my life for reaching Elite caps without elixirs. But now, I just can't understand how I was so blinded (yes, it's another whiney thread about elixirs).

Nuri was the beginning of elixirs and a new era was born. The enemies were so hard, that even the ones I always counted as "pros" were using elixirs just to stay alive. Vinnie's daily juice + heightened hardeness of regular enemies made elixirs a standard. Fang came along, the same thing. Humania is a bit easier campaign, but exp-wise simply horrible. At Humania came the Magic Castle/Forbidden Crypts era.

I have now lvled my main, Ninja, for lvls 66-76 in Forbidden Crypts. It felt good back then to do things so quickly. I understand that elixirs are the main source of funds to STS, but it's simply horrible to play a free game as a p2p, as "pro" end game requires elixirs. Unelixered group of random players lvl 70-75 can't even finish the first boss. Sure, it's good that game requires skill, but how on earth are players going to gain skill as they get accustomed to Vinnie's juice shop and blessings as early as from Forest Haven? Yeah fine, this arguing is worthless as pro end gamers do buy elixirs no matter of my whining. Have u taken a look at "Sunsets and Happy trails" section lately? So many of the veterans are quitting or switching to AL. Huge population of end gamers are just quitting. What happens when we reach a point in which the p2p players start to vanish and the campaigns are designed to require elixirs? The f2p players will start vanishing as well, as they can't even freaking clear the first map of the campaign. What then? The real issue is the gap between "pros" and "noobs". Heck, I saw 2 Scatterbears and 2 Mages on random pug. Both bears were scattering as much as possible, either of mages weren't healing, other mage didnt know his class combo and other mage didnt know how to revive. IN BLACKSMOKE. Heck, back in the AO3 days I got booted as a bird as I didn't time my thorn wall right in pug game. And now I get booted before boss to prevent me from stealing host's pink. We have hit rock bottom.

This is going so in wrong direction. The Elite cap was a nice idea, and the ones who got CoP are in my eyes the true elite. Most of them didn't use elixirs at all. Now we have all "Reach the new elite cap in 3 days and u get something exclusive". As a PvPer of freaking course I went to lvl 76 Eggie as it was clearly an advantage. I was going for the Elite new classes vanity as well, but I just realized how pointless and hollow the achievement IMHO was. The ones who have went for Elite Caps have an advantage, Elite Rings. The ones who do it even faster, have even bigger advantage. In end game, this game is p2p. U just cannot compete against others if u haven't been "elite" enough. I have not even heard that anyone would have gone to lvl 76 without using elixirs.

And now it seems trendy that only Elite lvl capped people get access to new heroic dungeons, elite items and so on. Yet again, if u r not elite enough, u won't get exclusive items at elite campaign quests. This is some twisted form of p2p, as if u aren't capped, u won't be able to play and capping requires platinum.

Please remove the Elite Cap, balance the baddies so they can be killed effectively without elixirs,make maps enough good for exp-wise and remove elixirs from daily blessings or at least nerf 3x blessings away. That way would be the best way for the continuity of this game. As elixir spenders and non spenders would be equal, the gap between "pros" and "noobs" would shrink down and we all would be happier. We customers would be satisfied as we didn't have to spend immense amount of money just to be equal, and non spenders could enjoy the game as well instead of not being able to finish the very first map of campaign.

I am sorry, I am not a good critisizer as I don't have more improving suggestions. It's hard for me to accept the fact that the whole end game is screwed up, and therefore for me the whole game. I love PL and I love u STS. U have been giving me so much enjoyment for over 2 years now. But I do not know what to do now. I understand that u r a business and u have made these games to get urself money, but ur style is screwing us all over eventually. I have paid now over 1000 dollars on a mobile game. How much more do I have to pay if I want to be in equal position with others? I don't want to find out. No one has infinite funds to spend on a mobile games, casual players won't enjoy a game in which they cannot complete anything and u can't continue on if u don't have platinum buyers funding u.

Noodleleg
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Me gusta...

Multibird
12-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Unelixered group of random players lvl 70-75 can't even finish the first boss. not true

And now it seems trendy that only Elite lvl capped people get access to new heroic dungeons, elite items and so on.
68+ can enter heroic dungeon but only 76 can enter elite map, although i do get your point

Please remove the Elite Cap, balance the baddies so they can be killed effectively without elixirs and make maps enough good for exp-wise. That way would be the best way for the continuity of this game. As elixir spenders and non spenders would be equal, the gap between "pros" and "noobs" would shrink down and we all would be happier. We customers would be satisfied as we didn't have to spend immense amount of money just to be equal, and non spenders could enjoy the game as well instead of not being able to finish the very first map of campaign.
agreed

This is a funny, earlier today i was having the same discussion with some of my guildies. I was talking to angel and Minchu, both leveling their foxes in mega maze.
Me- "wow magic castle is gone, so you join mega."

I didn't say anything bad, but tried to get my point across.

My points:
I miss the old days.
Wish people would level regularly in dungeon like sewers.

What they said:
Those two said yea we miss those days too, but it was okay to level till humania, and bsm just wrecked everything (difficulty level)

My experience:

I began this game when the level cap was at 56. I was considered as a noob. This makes me laugh (when my first character a mage that was 28. Since i was new LOL, i didn't knew i had to go to ancient swamps to level and that i won't get more of exp in fathom. So i deleted my character. I did this twice consistently. Until next i made another mage called kingbully and i ended up to 54. I kinda got bored and didn't knew about the cap. SO i made other toons. Fianlly made a bear who was 19 and Nuri expansion came out. When my bear reached 58, Fang came out. Without using any elixir maybe the daily, I leveled my bear to 66. It felt amazing, I was the happiest person. My bear was named lassas, who is now xmadbearx. Then i found out about how you get elite bonus and much more. In this game this is probably the best moments of my adventure. There used to be a feeling that I got from achieving, but now its all about plat to get to cap.

In my opinion, STS should bring the old days back. Less plat involving (more fun for everyone)

Energizeric
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
If you got skill, you can survive with no elixirs. Yesterday I joined a group to do the elite red dragon. We killed him all 15 times. The group was 3 mages, 1 bird and myself, a bear. I was the tank. The other 4 players had elixirs, but I did not, only a 1.25x damage elixir from my daily blessing. I was the tank, which is arguably the hardest part. Well, I died only twice in 15 times, and kept the dragon in front of me and did my job. Yes, I got top gear and have 315 armor and that helps. But no, it is not necessary to have elixirs, it just helps things go quicker.

Vanstone
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
I have paid now over 1000 dollars on a mobile game.

Fail.

Multibird
12-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Fail.

I have too, got a problem??

MightyMicah
12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Dudetus, this is an excellent thread! I agree with everything you said.

razerfingers
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Dude, you're wrong about CoP days. There was lixirs even at 50 cap. Lol i used them from 46-50 i used them from 55-halfway to 56 then cap got raised(was more focused on SL when CoP got introduced. So thats your opinion :)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

McBain
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM
It used to be that players would work together. It used to be common practice in PUGs to stop before the boss area and discuss strategy and/or make sure everyone was ready to go and understood what to do. Now it seems as if it's everyone for themselves, and more often than not, party wipe and rage quit (usually with childish name-calling involved). I'm noticing this a lot in the elite dragon map. People are at level 76 and still don't understand the concept of teamwork. The lion's share of the blame for this has to fall on elixirs, and the fact that many players are half asleep most of the time and just juicing their way through the game. As soon as they come across anything with even a minor degree of difficulty, they're all discombobulated.

Double-edged sword, of course. There are definitely times when I'm glad the elixirs are there because I just want to level up already. What the solution is, I don't know, but I think a positive first step that really has no downside in my mind is to eliminate the enable XP elixir. One, I don't think getting rid of it would really hurt STS' plat sales much (if at all), and two, by forcing players to level in the appropriate maps they'll have to think at least a little more about what they're doing even if they're on thrashers 24/7. I think that's a small change that could make a noticeable difference.

Next step, I would do away with infinite respawn maps like Lost Valley, because those also promote a lack of strategy as well as a general lack of being engaged in the game. It's horrendously mind-numbing. I think a player is better served having to level by running a legit map, even if it's the same one over and over (like the Sandbar map in Humania). Of course, to do this and have it make sense, the campaign maps would also have to become a little more XP-friendly. Have at least one map with 100 or more enemies, for example. I'm not sure why the number of enemies in a map seems to be getting lower and lower.

Vanstone
12-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Fail.

I have too, got a problem??

I do if your going to complain and ask STS to change the game. It's not the fact he spent the money, it's the fact that he expects STS to change when obviously there current model is making them A LOT of money.

Prepare
12-16-2012, 07:54 PM
2.5x xp elixir for 3k ftw

ArtofWar
12-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree with everything! :3

FluffNStuff
12-16-2012, 08:15 PM
The problem with elixirs is the 75% cap on armor. Techno called this near invincible but it clearly is not. BTW energezic, with 306 armor you were at 75% so you actually had the equivalent of a thrashers + 3X blessing armor buff. What all this means is that there is NO GOD MODE. Thrashers no longer means thrashing. Sorry, but this game still needs to be played with skill, no matter what you pay.

Gaunab
12-16-2012, 08:27 PM
The problem with elixirs is the 75% cap on armor. Techno called this near invincible but it clearly is not. BTW energezic, with 306 armor you were at 75% so you actually had the equivalent of a thrashers + 3X blessing armor buff. What all this means is that there is NO GOD MODE. Thrashers no longer means thrashing. Sorry, but this game still needs to be played with skill, no matter what you pay.

Now thats simply not true .-.

Maybe you are correct on paper with armor cap and stuff but as a Dexbird and as Strbear I have much better survivability and damage output when Im on elixir then when Im running without. That's a fact.

Rot
12-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Dey wund licen. :(

Truth is,

Those who buy plat = Pro, Elite, Experienced, Boss, Cool, Respected, Old Player.
Those who don't = Noob, A lot of Death, Useless, Crap, Junk.

Don't spend tons of plat on a so called ' Elite ' pixel helm. :(

FluffNStuff
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Now thats simply not true .-.

Maybe you are correct on paper with armor cap and stuff but as a Dexbird and as Strbear I have much better survivability and damage output when Im on elixir then when Im running without. That's a fact.

Dexbird gets it the worse. They get pumped up on thrashers and charge into battle getting slaughtered. Why? Cause the damage they take wipes their 500 health quick. Do you have more survivability? Maybe, but that is because you are playing your toons to their strengths. But you can't tell me you have not seen juiced up noobs marching into death like lambs to the slaughter.

Seminole
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
. I have paid now over 1000 dollars on a mobile game. How much more do I have to pay if I want to be in equal position with others?.

Youve spent more then 1,000 dollars? Are you serious? That is just plain ridicolous and pure psychotic. But hey, its your money not nobody elses I cant hate you for that.

Multibird
12-16-2012, 08:40 PM
they need to shut maze now, so more dungeon can open up for exp runs.

Jcyee
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Amen. Removing the elite cap would actually be a good idea to balance the game. Great ideas there

Gaunab
12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Youve spent more then 1,000 dollars? Are you serious? That is just plain ridicolous and pure psychotic. But hey, its your money not nobody elses I cant hate you for that.

This response is rude, idiotic and simply unneeded. But hey its your opinion I cant hate you for that. Or can I?

Oskitopee
12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I was actually gonna start a thread to rant about elixirs too, but this one is good enough!
One solution to this would be for the XP elixirs to be for plat but the ones that give a combat advantage be for gold (dmg, armor, etc.) That way, STS still gets money but we will be able to afford combat elixirs that "give an edge" in dungeons. Maybe have elixirs for gold that last only half the time that elixirs for plat last. (1 hour for plat or 30 mins. for gold). Gold should be used for elixirs.

McBain
12-16-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure adding more elixirs into the game, gold or otherwise, is a viable solution since elixirs are the problem. Might work as a bit of a gold sink, but the real point as I see it is to try and lessen the effect of these massive 3x and 4x combo elixirs on the game in a long term way without taking money out of STS' pockets.

Waug
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Only PVP makes players Pro, force to learn true skills (most of the cases) even "non elix pve" fails to do so.

Energizeric
12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
BTW energezic, with 306 armor you were at 75% so you actually had the equivalent of a thrashers + 3X blessing armor buff.

Sorry, you lost me there. Can you explain? I haven't been reading PL forums much during the last a couple of weeks (been playing AL) so perhaps I missed something.

25thninja
12-16-2012, 10:29 PM
You r preaching to the choir<soem expression but it sounds right>
I cant thank you cuz its not working, but u r getting my mental thank

Chioricon
12-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Devs are gonna delete this thread just like what they did to my thread.

TBH, the devs won't care about this now, because they are now making use of the games to monopolize us into buying just for the sake of leveling or farming.

Seminole
12-17-2012, 12:04 AM
This response is rude, idiotic and simply unneeded. But hey its your opinion I cant hate you for that. Or can I?

Im guessing you spent more then 1,000 dollars. Dont be offended, didnt mean to offend. I just think it is absolutely crazy to spend that kind of money on a video game. However, looking back, Ive spent over 300-400 dollars. Didnt realize it until I added up the numbers. I decided on not spending anymore money a long time ago however, because itll take two weeks at my summer job to make up for it!

CriticalCyr
12-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Level capping doesn't make the person as respectable as it seems. It's not a status symbol of "I went above and beyond just fighting. I went up against the toughest and won. I earned this through difficult challenges the whole way."

You know what it says to me? Either:
"I spent more money than the cost of the latest game system + 5 of the top games for that system, to get one extra level and be granted a vanity item that only does something beneficial if I do this at least two more times, and the opportunity to run a special dungeon for who knows how long, to get a weapon that might be just slightly better than the weapon I used while farming for it."
or:
"I spent countless hours grinding over and over again on the same map, pressing the same buttons, not requiring much thought or change of strategy, to achieve this one extra level. Could I have spent that time enjoying a video game? Yes, but I already put in this much time. I can't turn back now, so I'll enjoy this elite vanity and try to get the elite weapon so that I might convince myself that I have something to show for my time."

Those of you who are 76, ask yourselves. Are you playing PL or is PL playing you? What will you do when the level cap rises to 81? To 86? Are you going to keep up the same grind, spending hours playing(not really playing, since playing means having fun) the same dungeons to try and get that rediculous amount of experience, so you can stand there, after a week(or, in most cases, much much longer) of giving your life to PL, showing off that vanity they gave you for your achievement?

At my old job, if you worked there for 2 years, you would recieve a fake gold pin and a certificate that shows their "appreciation" of the time you put into working there. After 2 years of working a minimum wage job, that pin and paper is an insult to the employee who receives it, as they're essentially reminded of how much time they spent not doing something else.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm putting my foot down. The elite cap is not worth it to me.

JaytB
12-17-2012, 01:25 AM
I agree with most of the OP.

I remember farming 2 of my mains to 56 without any Elix back in the sewer days. Every single oldie that I know speaks about missing those days. Back then, strategy and the need for a good team of all classes made those levels a joy to play. Now, it's as the OP says. Current campaigns are lacking boss strategies and are way too hard or take too long for a team without Elix.

I was also xp farming like crazy on my fox, but decided to stop at 75. It feels like playing one of those old arcade games where you have to pay a quarter every five minutes. I even ended up on the leaderboards, I know I won't be there for long but can't say I feel proud of it either way. I didn't even know I was on there until someone told me. That made me think that someone could easily get on the lb as long as they spend plat to get there. No way a non-plat spender could keep up.

Personally, I think it's about feeling like you accomplished something where everyone has an equal chance, and not by paying for it. It's the contrast between unpotted sewer days and the current xp craze for every little vanity you'll never wear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big plat spender myself. Mainly because I'm a very busy person in real life. I think that it's simply the lack of sense of accomplishment that made many of the oldies leave. If I would farm my fox to 76 and get that helm, I realized that I, and I can only speak for myself, wouldn't feel like I accomplished anything.

On a positive note, we did get new classes that are very fun to play and techno seems to be very open to feedback and not afraid of changes. That's mainly why I wanted to give my feedback about it too.

CriticalCyr
12-17-2012, 01:37 AM
That's the thing about what PL has become. Spending a fortune on plat is fine, as long as you're using it to play the game and enjoy yourself.

Those who are trying to hit 76 on the new classes for the vanity helm are desperately trying to cap, spending plat so they stand a chance of struggling to 76 before the deadline. Is that fun gameplay? No, that's extortion. PL is taking peoples' love for the game, and sucking them dry, because they know that even if they lose the players who are fed up with this greed, there will be players who can't bring themselves to cut their losses and stop spending money on plat that isn't going to enhance the fun of their game at all. It might enhance gameplay dramatically, but it isn't fun anymore.

xkoolwillx
12-17-2012, 01:54 AM
I joined PL in 56 cap. I made a bird name Koolwill. I was super noob. I remeber getting stuck in 25-30 range cus i didnt knew there were more lvls. But then i met a pro 56 and by pro i mean pro. He had enchanted on his mage lvl 56 and raid on his bird also 56 he helped lvl up to 50 non elixer he himself didnt use one either. By the time i got to 50 i had been kicked out so many pugs for not being able to kill overlord in my bird. For getting agro and what not. When i got to sewers i learned my class and what not. I tried going for cap and made it halfway when SL came out so u stopped. My point is that before in sewers and ao3 era was so much fun and no use for elixers. I wish PL would go back to this. I know its never going to happen but its something i always want.

dudetus
12-17-2012, 02:24 AM
I do if your going to complain and ask STS to change the game. It's not the fact he spent the money, it's the fact that he expects STS to change when obviously there current model is making them A LOT of money.

It's nice for u to read what I have actually said. No one has infinite funds for a mobile game. How long is this going to go on, until every plat buyer realizes "heck I've bought platinum with over 1000 dollars, this ain't right"? What then as maps are designed to be cleared with elixirs and there are no more plat spenders?

dudetus
12-17-2012, 02:27 AM
If you got skill, you can survive with no elixirs. Yesterday I joined a group to do the elite red dragon. We killed him all 15 times. The group was 3 mages, 1 bird and myself, a bear. I was the tank. The other 4 players had elixirs, but I did not, only a 1.25x damage elixir from my daily blessing. I was the tank, which is arguably the hardest part. Well, I died only twice in 15 times, and kept the dragon in front of me and did my job. Yes, I got top gear and have 315 armor and that helps. But no, it is not necessary to have elixirs, it just helps things go quicker.

The other side of the problem is that daily blessing's aren't considered as elixirs by the majority. This again, raises the bar in regular PvE. And yep, u kinda contradicted ur statement.

CodyBearr
12-17-2012, 02:50 AM
I Never elixired but mainly cuz I had nothing to do for long periods of time everyday from sewers to Fang... But I also didn't cap last time & prob won't this time... To much RL stuff & work :-/

I did notice as you said when Nuri came that every1 even max levels with elite bonus still elixir non stop to farm

AbsolutePally
12-17-2012, 03:15 AM
All I can see is "This has to stop"
I've said it before I'll say it again.

YOU VOTE EVERYTIME YOU PURCHASE PLAT.
We created this problem, we can't blame STS - it's Capitalism at it's finest.
Think of All the players that have left, not just the random pubs or forest haven noobs. But the biggest advocates, guardians, and old intelligent veterans. Take a que.

Extreme
12-17-2012, 03:23 AM
Wow nunja , i really agree with all u said hope they change it

NECROREAPER
12-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Part of the reason why I rarely ever play anymore: the game simply isnʻt as fun anymore.

I mainly just go on to say hi to old friends, and its also why my main is still only 65.

dudetus
12-17-2012, 04:19 AM
All I can see is "This has to stop"
I've said it before I'll say it again.

YOU VOTE EVERYTIME YOU PURCHASE PLAT.
We created this problem, we can't blame STS - it's Capitalism at it's finest.
Think of All the players that have left, not just the random pubs or forest haven noobs. But the biggest advocates, guardians, and old intelligent veterans. Take a que.

It's true that we customers are the ones who buy plat. It's true that no one forces us to use elixirs.

But STS has caused this to happen by making regular enemies one-hitting players (Nuri's Gravestone).

I am in favor of capitalism. But being too greedy never leads to good. Sure, it will make some good money for a while, but finance crisis was the perfect example how pure capitalism ultimately fails.

ArtofWar
12-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Amen. Removing the elite cap would actually be a good idea to balance the game. Great ideas there

+1!

CrimsonTider
12-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Bro,

I agree with 100% everything you have said. It is the TRUTH and many don't want to hear it. I just hope "other's" actually read your words.

BTW, do you mind if I tag your thread in a future thread of mine?

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Why can't PL ever be as great as it used to? I did predict that it would lead to this the first day of the Nuri release. Elixers are poisoning the community. It wears away on teamwork and just makes the biggest rift between the spenders and f2p people.
The 50 cap was the best IMO. The cap was just 50 and didn't need an absurd amount of xp to get. Best part was that the people who capped got access to the Cyber Quests which really felt more elite than a p2p symbol. The bosses required strategy, good gold intake, prices were great in the cs, the Shadow Caves was also awesome and challenging, and the mobs were not overpowered.
I'm not much of a talker, but I just thoroughly agree with the OP. PL is still dying. The two new classes healed a now major wound, but more needs to be done. Down with the p2p elite caps which are only promoting elixers.
Down with the elixer oriented bosses and mobs for they only appeal to the spenders. Down with the daily elixers for they are numbing the minds of players with these cursed beverages. Down, down, and down PL is going. It's still breathing, but it needs help.

dudetus
12-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Bro,

I agree with 100% everything you have said. It is the TRUTH and many don't want to hear it. I just hope "other's" actually read your words.

BTW, do you mind if I tag your thread in a future thread of mine?

Thank you.

I don't mind at all and I am glad I'm not alone.

wvhills
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
too late dude. I was whinning about elixirs a year and a half ago and recieved no support besides gluttony. Imo, it's way to late to save PL. They will never do away with plat elixirs because people eat them up. My advice is to switch to AL where you can actually play the game without elixirs instead of just leeching off users.

dudetus
12-17-2012, 09:33 AM
too late dude. I was whinning about elixirs a year and a half ago and recieved no support besides gluttony. Imo, it's way to late to save PL. They will never do away with plat elixirs because people eat them up. My advice is to switch to AL where you can actually play the game without elixirs instead of just leeching off users.

As I was making this thread I recalled ur threads and posts about elixirs and I apologize for not supporting u back then. I was blind.

I still believe STS wants us all to enjoy playing their very first game. STS has always been the "community friendly" company in press. I want to believe it's not too late.

Disko
12-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Really well stated, Ninja... Not sure why PL ever switched to F2P... For one, I had zero issues with paying for each map as I progressed, it was a logical way to spend money on content that was well made and deserving of my $$, after I had a chance to learn the game and figured out if I liked it or not. I much prefer that method to relying on elixirs to cap or to have a decent chance at beating a boss.

wvhills
12-17-2012, 10:14 AM
As I was making this thread I recalled ur threads and posts about elixirs and I apologize for not supporting u back then. I was blind.

I still believe STS wants us all to enjoy playing their very first game. STS has always been the "community friendly" company in press. I want to believe it's not too late.

i think it's too late. The devs could change it if they want too but honestly, I think more people would rage if they took them away. the ones who love elixirs and are willing to pay for them far out number the ones who hate them. :(

Chopper
12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
i think it's too late. The devs could change it if they want too but honestly, I think more people would rage if they took them away. the ones who love elixirs and are willing to pay for them far out number the ones who hate them. :(

I dont know if the Elixir user outnumber the non-elixir users, but they certainly have a bigger say since they are the ones paying STS' bills. So it's hard to hate too much on STS for listening to their big money makers.

McBain
12-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I think a large number of people fall into the category of using elixirs just because they're there. The "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" crowd.

Gragorak
12-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I think it would be best for all if sts removed those enable xp -elixires. Sts wouldn't lose much money if any at all, and leveling in the proper level campaign would take more time and would be more sensible for the players.

I have not even heard that anyone would have gone to lvl 76 without using elixirs.
My ex-guildie capped in less than 3 weeks without buying any elixires at all, he just grinded lost valley non-stop. My other guildie is in the halfway to 100k xp, and third one has grinded 30k xp. They haven't bought any elixires either, and will most likely cap.

And little ot: Why everybody are complaining how pvp requires plat? Yes this is true in the end game, but not in lower levels.

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I think it would be best for all if sts removed those enable xp -elixires. Sts wouldn't lose much money if any at all, and leveling in the proper level campaign would take more time and would be more sensible for the players.

I have not even heard that anyone would have gone to lvl 76 without using elixirs.
My ex-guildie capped in less than 3 weeks without buying any elixires at all, he just grinded lost valley non-stop. My other guildie is in the halfway to 100k xp, and third one has grinded 30k xp. They haven't bought any elixires either, and will most likely cap.

And little ot: Why everybody are complaining how pvp requires plat? Yes this is true in the end game, but not in lower levels.
People can purchase low level crafting recipes with platinum. Small but it does change things for some.

AbsolutePally
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank you.

I don't mind at all and I am glad I'm not alone.

You're not alone at all. And this isn't a thread that is "first of its kind" it has been said repeatedly for a year now. Nit to take anything away from your posts. I know you care, which many of us still do or did, which is admirable.
Just put it this way. I went all the way to STS to meet in person and discussed a lot of things in an hour of face to face time. Not to mention all the work I put into pvp and tourney events. All that lobbying, posting in threads, discussing still gets us here. It's insane for us to keep continuing in this text book display of insanity.

dudetus
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
You're not alone at all. And this isn't a thread that is "first of its kind" it has been said repeatedly for a year now. Nit to take anything away from your posts. I know you care, which many of us still do or did, which is admirable.
Just put it this way. I went all the way to STS to meet in person and discussed a lot of things in an hour of face to face time. Not to mention all the work I put into pvp and tourney events. All that lobbying, posting in threads, discussing still gets us here. It's insane for us to keep continuing in this text book display of insanity.

Yes I am well aware of the elixir babble ever since Nuri came. I wasn't bothered until now as I realized how much the elixirs rule end game which is my main source of entertainment.

I wanted to take my time to write this all down, because the time is now or never. Ik this is a long-shot but I want to believe in STS.

CrimsonTider
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM

Best post in STS forum history. To bad it will be deleted.

GrammerPatrol
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Last cap I could beat crafted people with my non crafted, but now its impossible. Flawless has 450 attack unbuffed I only have 386 unbuffed. Who knows the stats of the other crafted people, but I am guessing they are super high since I can not win 1 match against the crafted people. Maby its there ring bonus, but last cap I was able to beat a few crafted but now I can't. I quit endgame pvp until the level cap raises so I wouldnt have to fight people so the elite players with elite rings, because its impossible if you do not have those. I'm through leveling to its to much xp. I thought it was supposed to be alot of xp when you get to level 74 but leveling to 71 would take the same amount of time I spent to level to 70 which took 8 hours or more, which is discouraging to me because leveling to 75 would take weeks, and leveling to 76 would take months. Guess I will pvp on my twink (which gets boring because endgame pvp is funner because all the skills) and wait until the next cap so I wont have to worry about the elite ring crafted people farming me because I'm the weak one without elite rings or crafted set.

PS I can't stop the elite ring crafted people from killing me, not anymore I cant, but I was able to last cap, as I stood a chance against the crafted as a non crafted

GrammerPatrol
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Oh I also remember winning against crafted in Fang those days are over now. Cant buy crafted because Ive always been poor but rich enough to afford non crafted. But now the prices of non crafted are up in the millions

But it still wouldnt matter if I had non crafted, I wont stand a chance against those with crafted and elite rings

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 03:54 PM
All I can say is- Welcome back, twinkers.

Seminole
12-17-2012, 04:32 PM
It doesnt matter, if people quit this game then they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is buisness. They make you fall in love with a game, and they get you totally hooked. To the point you pay insane amounts of dollars like op and many others. Then they just keep jacking up prices until you dont want to play anymore and you switch to their lesser expensive game. Then when you get hooked on that, they jack up prices and the cycle just goes on and on. Its nothing personal from sts, only buisness. You all need to wake up, smell the coffee, stop complaining and make a decision.

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 04:41 PM
It doesnt matter, if people quit this game thrn they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is buisness. They make you fall in love with a game, and they get you totally hooked. To the point you pay insane amounts of dollars like op and many others. Then they just keep jacking up prices until you dont want to play anymore and you switch to their lesser expensive game. Then when you get hooked on that, they jack up prices and the cycle just goes on and on. Its nothing personal from sts, only buisness. You all need to wale up and smell the coffee, stop complaining and make a decision.
We won't just give up and let PL slide downhill. We believe that we can still bring out our voice on the matter. Will it make a difference? Who knows? Techno Email is never afraid of change and the devs are always open to new ideas and constructive criticism.

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 04:41 PM
It doesnt matter, if people quit this game thrn they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is buisness. They make you fall in love with a game, and they get you totally hooked. To the point you pay insane amounts of dollars like op and many others. Then they just keep jacking up prices until you dont want to play anymore and you switch to their lesser expensive game. Then when you get hooked on that, they jack up prices and the cycle just goes on and on. Its nothing personal from sts, only buisness. You all need to wake up, smell the coffee, stop complaining and make a decision.

Bingo. Give this man a prize! And I don't mean that sarcastically. You hit the nail on the head. This is what sts does. This is what they must do.

Ladycandyheal
12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
It doesnt matter, if people quit this game then they will run to AL instead. So either way, sts wins. Its a win win. So your going to either have to pay up a fortune to a game you love(PL), or play AL until you fall in love all over again and they start jacking up prices to that game.

This is the most important and significant comment I've ever read in these forums period

bramer
12-17-2012, 11:52 PM
I have an idea! Let's boycott elixirs!! Mwhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

This is bramer - signing out

Cavoc
12-18-2012, 12:46 AM
I agree with you completely, but sadly I do not think this will go through. Sts is loving the fact that people have to buy elixirs, because they are taking in more money. This is why I've taken a few weeks off of pl. I'm not going to sit here and pay $200+ for a free phone game. The most I've used is a $15 iTunes card which was given to me. I have not ever payed money for this game, and I have a lvl 75 and a 70. But the fact that I put so much time into this game as it is... I'm not going to put more into it. And to only get good results if I pay money is not gonna work out for me.

dudetus
12-18-2012, 01:54 AM

This ain't the solution. Making public petitions/boycotts, etc. is forbidden in these forums.

And as if it mattered if 10 forum users were boycotting as the problem consists from about every single end gamer.

Only choice is to hope what will happen. If it goes along the same way, I personally pack my bag and move on. Even though I don't wish to leave.

Chioricon
12-18-2012, 06:27 AM
This ain't the solution. Making public petitions/boycotts, etc. is forbidden in these forums.

And as if it mattered if 10 forum users were boycotting as the problem consists from about every single end gamer.

Only choice is to hope what will happen. If it goes along the same way, I personally pack my bag and move on. Even though I don't wish to leave.

I already left. I don't want to be chained down to this game I once loved but got tarnished by it's owners. Why not meet me in WoW or Dota 2? =P

MightyMicah
12-18-2012, 09:37 AM
The biggest solution is to calm down and remember this is a game. I know it sucks when a really fun game begins failing to provide fun anymore, but that's life. My solution for this game has always been making a twink. Heck, I haven't been an "active" end game player since sewer days when I discovered vanity set bonuses as well as elixirs. I couldn't have predicted the game that we see now, but I knew it wasn't heading in a direction I cared to go.

Hopefully enough people will begin realizing, as Dudetus did, that this game isn't how it should be and sts will begin losing profit. Then and only then will we start to see changes back to the true PL.

bramer
12-18-2012, 09:09 PM

I know, I was just trying to lighten the mood, and obviously I failed :(