PDA

View Full Version : Lvl76 Elite Hammer

Energizeric
12-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Have any bears tried doing a respec to full STR to try out the elite hammer with savage helm & armor?

I tried equipping the hammer in the CS just to see the stats, and the dmg is way high (almost 500 dmg). It also gives a bonus of 13% hit, which would help a bit with the low hit% normally associated with being full STR. I also noticed the armor was 230 which is still pretty high for a 2h weapon, and this would go even higher with more STR.

I would love to see the stats with the hammer and 300 STR with the rest being in DEX. I wonder how it would compare to the savage scythe set with 163 STR and the rest being in DEX.

Randomguy
12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
The hammer is going low in cs... Do they have a proc yet

FluffNStuff
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Proc won't happen. Techno said the cool stuff is done.

Gaunab
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
From a PvP perspective the hammer is completely useless like pretty much every twohander.

After respeccing to 300str you get to around 90-94 hit which might be okay for PvE. You lose armor, dodge, hit, crit, hs and hp for maybe 50 more base and skill dmg. Not worth it IMO.

Energizeric
12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
From a PvP perspective the hammer is completely useless like pretty much every twohander.

After respeccing to 300str you get to around 90-94 hit which might be okay for PvE. You lose armor, dodge, hit, crit, hs and hp for maybe 50 more base and skill dmg. Not worth it IMO.

Actually, your total strength would be around 100 more even with losing 42 STR from losing the shield. So your HP would actually be considerably higher. And what about dodge? How much dodge do you get from adding 100 STR? Is it enough to make up for losing around 8 dodge from the shield & defensive set bonus? This is why I'd actually like to see a screen shot of this setup. I have a feeling it may not be as bad as everyone is thinking. I did see that there is a 13% hit set bonus for the hammer set, so that will make up for some of the hit% that is lost when you respec to 300 STR.

Roberto077
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
It sounds like a good idea. My bear is strictly level 66 though :/

lakersrockftw
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Well the problem of the two handed hammer is it is horrible for pvp. The staff and bow are more high selling because it is usable in pvp.

Suntv
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
The hammer is going low in cs... Do they have a proc yet

Actually I just checked and someone bought all of the low priced hammers. Cheapest now is 3.9 mill. Give it a day and you can pick em up for 300k :)

FluffNStuff
12-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Actually I just checked and someone bought all of the low priced hammers. Cheapest now is 3.9 mill. Give it a day and you can pick em up for 300k :)

Probably expired!

Schnitzel
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Whats proc?

Energizeric
12-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I doubt anyone is buying them, unless someone is trying to merch them, but doubtful. I can't even find someone to show me what the stats look like, and I haven't seen anyone wearing one in game. In another month they will be 5k each.

Cahaun
12-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Whats proc?
Read the comments for enlightenment

McBain
12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I've seen a few people wielding the hammer. Depending on how cheap they get, it may be worth picking one up on the off chance that the stat requirements get adjusted and/or procs get added. Emphasis on off chance.

Energizeric
12-18-2012, 09:47 PM
I've seen a few people wielding the hammer. Depending on how cheap they get, it may be worth picking one up on the off chance that the stat requirements get adjusted and/or procs get added. Emphasis on off chance.

I could see people doing a respec to 300 STR to use them if the Scythe/Shield was the pricey part of the Savage set. But since you still need the armor which cost the most, there really isn't any point. Anyone who can afford the Savage armor and helm can also afford the Scythe and Shield, so not really saving a whole lot by using the Hammer.

I still wonder how good it would be in PvP though. Maybe us bears could one-hit the mages and birds with this thing? Imagine having Rage at level 9, and then you hit a mage. If you get a critical hit then we are probably talking 900-1000 dmg, and even with 250 armor you are dead. Maybe a beckon and hammer slash combo would be deadly. I just wonder....

Jsaieagle
12-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Have anyone tried the hammer out in pvp??