PDA

View Full Version : Level 21 Rush Team

Montanabro
12-17-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi all,

If the new AL patch features a race to 21, I'll organize a team of players to rush it. If you're interested and willing to spend plat, please send me a tell or reply here. Thanks.

DataPunk
12-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Avid plat user but i really hope they keep this kind of crap out of al. Try to enjoy the game for once and don't kill ur game sts

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 07:13 AM
There won't be a race, and i'm happy without one. A race would just ruin the update IMO.

sirtibby
12-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah why rush to 21? Take your time enjoy the game bro. You will get there in any case.

Pulkeren
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
plss no race in arcane legends .. or else hmmm :p

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 08:45 AM
plss no race in arcane legends .. or else hmmm :p

There isn't one. ;)

*Zero*
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Lolz......false info. No race to 21 unless you want a head start on gear. If that's the case I'm guilty I will rush to 21 for the gear.

wvhills
12-17-2012, 09:16 AM
yes, please keep the rushing to cap and the plat elixir craze in PL. Let's not ruin AL too!

CrimsonTider
12-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I just don't understand anymore. Why would you want to rush when it only takes 3-4 days of avg. gametime anyway? Trust me, you don't want AL to become PL 2.0.

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 09:21 AM
I just don't understand anymore. Why would you want to rush when it only takes 3-4 days of avg. gametime anyway? Trust me, you don't want AL to become PL 2.0.

100% agree.

Sirtanksalot
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM
People rush to the cap and then get bored...

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM
People rush to the cap and then get bored...

And then complain for more content! Exactly!

*Zero*
12-17-2012, 10:42 AM

I don't think you can "rush" to cap in AL like in PL. AL has no x3-4 xp elixers just 50%. I think 2-3 days is rushing to me. I may do it in 2-3 days just to get a head start on the 21 gear.

Montanabro
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't get it anymore. Why do threads about rushing get flooded by a loud minority of people trying to force their ideal of this game on everyone else? If you don't want to rush, don't rush. There is no penalty for not rushing. Relax and play the game how you want. Plenty of people do enjoy rushing and don't find that games are ruined because of it.

Tilax
12-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Slow down, take it easy.

Don't care i am up for it! :D

javiemma
12-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't get it anymore. Why do threads about rushing get flooded by a loud minority of people trying to force their ideal of this game on everyone else? If you don't want to rush, don't rush. There is no penalty for not rushing. Relax and play the game how you want. Plenty of people do enjoy rushing and don't find that games are ruined because of it.

What I dont get is why you post a thread making plans for something that has not even been announced.

CrimsonTider
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM

You clearly don't know my history. I am more than qualified to speak on the terms of "grinding" and "rushing" to cap. I have also seen what it did to a game I put tons of time and funds into.

BTW, your philosophy can be said reversed: Why make threads on rushing? Just do it if you want. It is a public forum and not everyone is going to pump sunshine on your parade. Take it with a grain of salt and move along. Just opinions.

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
What I dont get is why you post a thread making plans for something that has not even been announced.

Level cap has been announced a long time ago.

javiemma
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Level cap has been announced a long time ago.

Read op again. He is talking about an sponsored race to 21(like egg in pl) and not the level cap.

Montanabro
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM

Read my original post again. I said if.

Montanabro
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
You clearly don't know my history. I am more than qualified to speak on the terms of "grinding" and "rushing" to cap. I have also seen what it did to a game I put tons of time and funds into.

BTW, your philosophy can be said reversed: Why make threads on rushing? Just do it if you want. It is a public forum and not everyone is going to pump sunshine on your parade. Take it with a grain of salt and move along. Just opinions.

Why make threads on rushing? This isn't a thread "on rushing." I made this thread to find friends and teammates to rush with. Kind of hard to play with a pre-made group without saying something, somewhere.

On the other hand, it would be quite easy for you to refrain from questioning people for not playing a game the way you want them to. I think I recall a guy made a "yay, I hit 76 on my fox!" thread and instead of congratulating him or simply not posting, you implied he wasted his money and time and neglected his family. Please be decent and take these things to private message or a new thread.

CrimsonTider
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Why make threads on rushing? This isn't a thread "on rushing." I made this thread to find friends and teammates to rush with. Kind of hard to play with a pre-made group without saying something, somewhere.

On the other hand, it would be quite easy for you to refrain from questioning people for not playing a game the way you want them to. I think I recall a guy made a "yay, I hit 76 on my fox!" thread and instead of congratulating him or simply not posting, you implied he wasted his money and time and neglected his family. Please be decent and take these things to private message or a new thread.

I am free to speak my mind. Don't make threads if you are going to be so sensitive.

Montanabro
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I am free to speak my mind. Don't make threads if you are going to be so sensitive.

I try to be polite and respectful to others even when my right to speak my mind allows me not to. I hope others will agree.

Aeroflame
12-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Genesis manufactures elite gamers like champs.

lakersrockftw
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok guys stop arguing about this the thread will be closed if you guys keep arguing.

Energizeric
12-17-2012, 05:49 PM

I suppose there is a valid reason to be first which is to start farming for elite lvl21 items. As we all know, if you are first to have these items you can make quite a bit of cash as prices at the beginning are insanely high.

Cascade
12-17-2012, 06:03 PM
GO GO GO MUST HAVE LVL 21!!

2 days later

Yay I have it now! Hmmm..what to do...what to do.

^
|
|
That is why I don't race. That, and i'm too lazy to level.

Fyrce
12-17-2012, 06:37 PM

This is all great and fine. I just don't want to then read "I capped in 0.25 secs. Why does STS take more than 2 minutes on updating content?!? I'm SOOOOOOOOO BORED!!!"

(Just saying)

Eridol
12-17-2012, 07:04 PM

2 days later

this

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 07:24 PM

2 days later

^
|
|
That is why I don't race. That, and i'm too lazy to level.

Exactly. This happens all the time. Then people complain of being bored and not having enough stuff. Of course, they rush..

azefekie
12-17-2012, 08:49 PM
You need to organize a team for this? Players will do it on their own.

Montanabro
12-18-2012, 12:07 AM
You need to organize a team for this? Players will do it on their own.

Rather play with a pre-made group of people I sort of know rather than PUG.

Limsi
12-18-2012, 12:24 AM

The variation of interests would be the answer here, same could be said for a person who wants to finish a 10 kilometer race under a 30 minute mark against a person who wants to finish along with his friends at the same time participating in a marathon. True it could be said that grinding to elite cap would only take 2 to 4 days, but reaching the cap in the earliest time possible ahead of others may be deemed as fulfilling for others.

DataPunk
12-18-2012, 04:27 AM
The variation of interests would be the answer here, same could be said for a person who wants to finish a 10 kilometer race under a 30 minute mark against a person who wants to finish along with his friends at the same time participating in a marathon. True it could be said that grinding to elite cap would only take 2 to 4 days, but reaching the cap in the earliest time possible ahead of others may be deemed as fulfilling for others.

Fair enough but a contest will force most to cap asap. I.e. sts would productively kill this game with the first update.

Limsi
12-18-2012, 04:48 AM
Fair enough but a contest will force most to cap asap. I.e. sts would productively kill this game with the first update.

Hey Datapunk!

I do agree with your opinion there as people are naturally motivated when faced with any form of reward and if desperate, they would take even the highest risks possible. If I read the first post correct, it seems to me that Montanabro is in search of a team that would lend him a helping hand in reaching the elite cap am I right? Anyway since there have been no formal announcements to prove the speculation true, he should be safe! :)

I do share the same thought as you man, let's just hope for the best. I'm pretty sure SpacetimeStudios value each and every client it serves, even those who play for free. Whatever concerns or bad feedback players raised in its previous titles (PL,DL,and SL), Sts sure would have noted those and would continue to find constant room for development to meet our demands and place a very big smile to our places. Sadly this cannot be the case for others, but hey let's all wait and see. Thanks for your insight! ;)

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 08:09 AM
On topic, I might join for a few runs. Maybe from 16 to 20?

Montanabro
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
On topic, I might join for a few runs. Maybe from 16 to 20?

No 21? :rugby:

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 01:21 PM
No 21? :rugby:

We'll see. But I'd prefer to accomplish this by myself. :)

aniybo
12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Look imma be serious k? Montana guy what ever his name is, shouldn't get like
haterz on this just for wanting to have a group. He just wants to have fun dudez!

I'm gonna get so many negative comments.

Pie
12-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Guys...STS has probably probably read at least hundreds if not thousands if not tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands if not millions of the comments on "don't have race! It will ruin AL like the other games >:O" Well you can stop with those now because I am pretty sure they said there will be no race due to the complaining. Good job guys we did it! No race! No ruining AL! :D happiness.

Montanabro
12-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Guys...STS has probably probably read at least hundreds if not thousands if not tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands if not millions of the comments on "don't have race! It will ruin AL like the other games >:O" Well you can stop with those now because I am pretty sure they said there will be no race due to the complaining. Good job guys we did it! No race! No ruining AL! :D happiness.

Actually Sam posted just tonight that many people want races and implied there would be ones in the future. Thankfully STS doesn't listen to a noisy minority who complain about races in every thread they can.

DataPunk
12-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Can u prove who the minor vocal group is? As i remember only 300 people raced to the elite cap in PL. Thats not much on a playerbase of millions

Montanabro
12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Can u prove who the minor vocal group is? As i remember only 300 people raced to the elite cap in PL. Thats not much on a playerbase of millions

Only 300 people made it to the finish line of an extremely difficult race. That does not mean only 300 people raced.