PDA

View Full Version : Foxes buff times

Swaggy
12-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Thread regarding fox!

- the 3 second buffs ? Even on 30 milligrams of adderral I couldn't figure out why in the world you think 3 second buffs are okay ? Foxes have literally zero chance against a Mage unless it is free for all.
I understand you guys make corrections later on, but just a heads up for this class.. PLEASE make buffs last as long as the original classes. Thanks :) - ( besides this, fox class is very fun!)

Anyone else agree ? Feel free to like the post.
Hav ah berri gud dey!

OverkillED
12-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, I think the buff should be extended, yes, but foxes are meant to just assassinate/blow stuff up XD.

cookiez
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
TOTALLY AGREE! When I fight a mage I do my buff, 2-3 skills, then boom I'm dead, it's sad really...

Waug
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
PLEASE make buffs last as long as the original classes.

If you need everything same like original classes, why play new classes.

This new things can be utilized in new ways, also the cool down time of the buff is low.

FluffNStuff
12-17-2012, 12:05 PM
True, but a fox also only has a 2 second unbuff ... time your damage debuff to make up the difference :)

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 12:39 PM
If we made the dodge buff last longer they'd be extremely over powered. Their damage output is already over the top.

Swaggy
12-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Micah I would agree to an extent. But I lose to mages sometimes and they don't even shield. They just nuke me because of course, my buffs run out to fast, and I do time buffing. Literally right before 12m I buff and spam skills. It almost seems like lvl 30 mages are tanks to foxes. Oh well, I guess we will see what happens.

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 01:08 PM
If we made the dodge buff last longer they'd be extremely over powered. Their damage output is already over the top.
Then birds must be overpowered because their evade is a lot better.

Roberto077
12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
You don't see birds being over powered with there 45% dodge buff. Will an 8 sec dodge buff which is less than 45% extend Foxes to be the best class?

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Micah I would agree to an extent. But I lose to mages sometimes and they don't even shield. They just nuke me because of course, my buffs run out to fast, and I do time buffing. Literally right before 12m I buff and spam skills. It almost seems like lvl 30 mages are tanks to foxes. Oh well, I guess we will see what happens.

Honestly, I'd say that's just because foxes are new. I remember before forgotten when people tried dex birds at level 30. They weren't successful either. Even warbirds at got their butt whooped by mages.

Then birds must be overpowered because their evade is a lot better.

Birds don't have the damage output that foxes do. Foxes have an insane damage buff.

You don't see birds being over powered with there 45% dodge buff. Will an 8 sec dodge buff which is less than 45% extend Foxes to be the best class?

Now there is something I didn't think of! For some reason I was thinking making the buff 30 seconds like the others. But lengthening it only slightly could be the solution, indeed.

AbsolutePally
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Maybe stop 1v1 across classes?
1v1s are IMO meant for same class, comparing apples to apples. Even different builds in the same class has its discrepancies.
Seems like ye kids are trying to find one class that is a superman class, with no weaknesses and capable of fighting and winning vs all classes.

Maybe PvP isn't the focus of devs, and with no regard for it - how can anything be balanced in 1v1??
If anything they created their game to be FFA STYLE.

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
1v1s are IMO meant for same class, comparing apples to apples. Even different builds in the same class has its discrepancies.
Seems like ye kids are trying to find one class that is a superman class, with no weaknesses and capable of fighting and winning vs all classes.

Maybe PvP isn't the focus of devs, and with no regard for it - how can anything be balanced in 1v1??

EXACTLY. I was about to make a Guild Wars 2 comparison but you pretty much summed it up. It is not going to be possible to be good enough to beat all classes anymore. There will always be someone who can defeat you because his class was meant to.

Disclaimer- I do, however, believe that foxes still need some more love from the devs. They are just all around less effective than other classes in my opinion.

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I guess I haven't seen the amount of damage foxes are doing. Can you put up a pic so I can see how they are doing damage wise?

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 03:58 PM
I guess I haven't seen the amount of damage foxes are doing. Can you put up a pic so I can see how they are doing damage wise?

Absolutely! I'll edit it in this post in a second. They have a kind of bear-like damage/crit buff which makes them really damaging. A 25 with a forgotten bow buffed and struck me once and I was dead. Anyways...
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/B68F8DBF-2CEF-4680-BDFA-846A64226A87-145-0000000334E6F2CA.jpg
I double checked and the buff at 6 gives 30 crit and 35 damage. Keep in mind, the most damage I ever achieved as a 35 warbird was 180. That was while wearing swamp rat helm and armor which I believe gave an extra 8 damage. I'm not wearing that in this pic^

Everyone'sFavMage
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM

This needs to go in the post hall of fame.

Vanstone
12-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Even on 30 milligrams of adderral I couldn't figure out why in the world you think 3 second buffs are okay ?

This made me lmao, I take dexidrine so I know exactly where your comning from lol.

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 08:41 PM

Absolutely! I'll edit it in this post in a second. They have a kind of bear-like damage/crit buff which makes them really damaging. A 25 with a forgotten bow buffed and struck me once and I was dead. Anyways...
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/B68F8DBF-2CEF-4680-BDFA-846A64226A87-145-0000000334E6F2CA.jpg
I double checked and the buff at 6 gives 30 crit and 35 damage. Keep in mind, the most damage I ever achieved as a 35 warbird was 180. That was while wearing swamp rat helm and armor which I believe gave an extra 8 damage. I'm not wearing that in this pic^
Wow! That's like almost getting hit by a gurgox hammer. Thanks for the pic and explanation, Micah.

AbsolutePally
12-17-2012, 08:56 PM
This needs to go in the post hall of fame.

Really lol thanks. Two of my posts were said to be such ^^ just today alone. This and in the fox one.

XghostzX
12-17-2012, 10:04 PM

That's why I'm currently making a rhino for end game... purely for CTF. I can't wait to use it's STR armor, plus its sexy armor buffs. Not to mention the dodge, resurrecting, and healing. Mage + Rhino in CTF = OP

cookiez
12-17-2012, 10:51 PM
PLEASE make buffs last as long as the original classes.

If you need everything same like original classes, why play new classes.

This new things can be utilized in new ways, also the cool down time of the buff is low.

Wtf...

MightyMicah
12-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Really lol thanks. Two of my posts were said to be such ^^ just today alone. This and in the fox one.

This post deserves hall of fame! (Now that's three ;))

@Cahaun Yep! No problem! :)