PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bear Skill "Beckon"

Energizeric
12-17-2012, 06:09 AM
So I was doing a skill respec of my bear to take advantage of the 2 extra points available per skill, and while examining the different levels for each skill, I realized that according to the description for Beckon, the only different between having 1 point for beckon and having 9 points for beckon is the amount of damage caused in the pull. Again, this is according to the description. I seem to remember back when I was lvl20-25 and I first unlocked the skill that for each additional point allocated to this skill the range of the pull got larger. But now from looking at this, it appears the range is the same regardless of how many skill points you allocate. If that is indeed the case, then it seems foolish to allocate anything more than 1 point for beckon as the difference between each additional point is only around 3-4 dmg. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case??

JaytB
12-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Range is the same, dmg increases just moderate but it's the force of the pull itself that increases with each point. Try beckoning enemies with 1 skill point and you'll see they hardly move toward you. Try that again with 9 beckon and see them flying all the way to/past you.

vle_hoang
12-17-2012, 06:56 AM
Range is the same, dmg increases just moderate but it's the force of the pull itself that increases with each point. Try beckoning enemies with 1 skill point and you'll see they hardly move toward you. Try that again with 9 beckon and see them flying all the way to/past you.

ye, but i think he mean that level 7 pulling is the same as lvl 9 and level 9 only add few damages more, so i think its better to left becon at level 7 and put skill point in other slash skill?

Energizeric
12-17-2012, 07:07 AM
ye, but i think he mean that level 7 pulling is the same as lvl 9 and level 9 only add few damages more, so i think its better to left becon at level 7 and put skill point in other slash skill?

Actually both answers are helpful. Is this indeed the case that level 7 reaches max pull? And is it level 7, or maybe even level 6?? Or maybe level 8 and 9 even add more pull too? Does anyone know for sure?

Maybe a developer can chime in and answer this??

Gaunab
12-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I dont have exact numbers but from testing in PvP after lv9 skills were released it seems like the pull reaches its max potential at 7. 8 and 9 just add a little more dmg.

Its something like:

1- 1m pull
2- 2m
3- 4m
4- 6m
5- 8m
6- 10m
7- 12m
8- 12m
9- 12m

FluffNStuff
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I dont have exact numbers but from testing in PvP after lv9 skills were released it seems like the pull reaches its max potential at 7. 8 and 9 just add a little more dmg.

Its something like:

1- 1m pull
2- 2m
3- 4m
4- 6m
5- 8m
6- 10m
7- 12m
8- 12m
9- 12m

Thanks, saves me two points, need to respec before I lose the 2 plat.

Energizeric
12-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Maybe we can hear from a developer on this issue?? Techno??

I'm also curious if the dmg in beckon affects the beckon/stomp combo damage. Perhaps the difference between 7-8-9 in beckon is only 3 points damage, but in the combo it comes out to a dozen points. I wonder.

After reading the first couple of responses in this thread I did my respec with all 9 points in beckon. But now I'm wondering if I should scale back to 7 points and put the 2 extra points in a couple of my slashes, or in Iron Blood for which I only have 7 points at the moment.

FluffNStuff
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Maybe we can hear from a developer on this issue?? Techno??

I'm also curious if the dmg in beckon affects the beckon/stomp combo damage. Perhaps the difference between 7-8-9 in beckon is only 3 points damage, but in the combo it comes out to a dozen points. I wonder.

After reading the first couple of responses in this thread I did my respec with all 9 points in beckon. But now I'm wondering if I should scale back to 7 points and put the 2 extra points in a couple of my slashes, or in Iron Blood for which I only have 7 points at the moment.

In all my research in combos, it is not based at all on the ranks or damage of anything that creates it, it is a 'separate attack' and all combos done by the same character have the same damage (Like a Mage's fire blast and nature strike).