PDA

View Full Version : Shazbot getting forgetful

SamTheDog
12-17-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm having problems with the daily ally resetting. I'm not going over on time because I'm on time or early for the other daily (which is bugged slightly as well). I start the timer and see the clock over shazbot's head. I interact with him and the timer says 23h ... When I come back 10 or so hours later the ! is back and the timer isn't running and I have to restart. This is happening on chrome and iOS ( iPod 4th gen) and I've deleted the ap and reinstalled and it still happens. I see a couple of other bug reports about this but no reply from the devs. Has this been addressed elsewhere and I just missed it?

Also, if I log in before the other daily is quite ready, the timer will run down to zero and the start counting up again and won't let me collect for several minutes.

Justg
12-17-2012, 12:35 PM
New client is coming out today that hopefully addresses the issue.

Lady_Pebbles
12-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Is that with the new content and winter update or no? XD

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 12:47 PM

Omg? New update? :D

SamTheDog
12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks! Glad it wasn't just my imagination.

Lady_Pebbles
12-17-2012, 01:45 PM
I sense a meme coming.... Go home Shazbot, you're drunk. Smh.

bronislav84
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Playing on Android 4.0.4, Samsung Galaxy S3.

New client did not fix this. Shazbot doesn't activate on the first interact, even though he tells you he has activated. The work around is to log out and log back in, then talk to him. He properly activates then. Changing zones before talking to him might work too, but I've had luck with relog.

Tuik
12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
^ I have to warp somewhere else(Kraag for example works) and back to Shazbot, then start the timer again. Pretty annoying because I often forget to do it and lose 3-12 hours :|

bronislav84
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes, relog OR going somewhere else works. To add, this only happens if you've claimed it for the day and try to restart it. If you're just starting the timer or missed a day, it will start no problem. Only happens after claiming.

Samhayne
12-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Playing on Android 4.0.4, Samsung Galaxy S3.

New client did not fix this. Shazbot doesn't activate on the first interact, even though he tells you he has activated. The work around is to log out and log back in, then talk to him. He properly activates then. Changing zones before talking to him might work too, but I've had luck with relog.

Edit: Sorry for the difficulty with Shazbot, he will be fixed in tomorrow's update to the Dead City expansion.

octavos
12-18-2012, 02:20 PM
We changed up Shazbot's flow to smooth out the new user experience. Bronislav, we think that what you experienced was wonkiness with existing accounts, but it looks like the log out and back in trick probably did it for you. Given that most people use 'ol Shazbot and that we've only had a few complaints about it, we feel he's all good. However, if anyone else has details of how he isn't working as you expected, please let us know.

Thanks!

well I thought he would be fixed in new client.. Before i would collect from Shazbot..but i was able to start him again without having to log out or move to a different town. If im collecting from Shazbot, i would like him to reactivate automatically. Obviously you want him to start again if you collected...Not having to switch towns or log out to restart him.
imilar to daily log-in's

bronislav84
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Sam you don't understand what's happening. I have to do this workaround every single time I reactivate his timer, not once. It's annoying. Please fix it, thanks.

Samhayne
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Sam you don't understand what's happening. I have to do this workaround every single time I reactivate his timer, not once. It's annoying. Please fix it, thanks.

Sorry, my bad. He'll be fixed with the new data included in tomorrow's update to the Dead City expansion.

bronislav84
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks so much! Looking forward to it!

octavos
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Sorry, my bad. He'll be fixed with the new data included in tomorrow's update to the Dead City expansion.

ahh so its tomorrow eh :p lol... thz Sam.

pawk
12-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Haha I noticed that to can't wait

Videa
12-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Yeah, hopefully they fix it with tomorrow's patch cuz as of now, after the update of the 18th it's still having issues

Twister
12-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Edit: Sorry for the difficulty with Shazbot, he will be fixed in tomorrow's update to the Dead City expansion.

Sam, we're still seeing problems with Shazbot and now Klaas is doing the same. :(

moonway03
12-20-2012, 12:42 AM

Excuse me but now it does on klaas.
I just went to get the reward then there it is "23h" then i opened my second acc. When i came back to my 1st account the exclamation mark is still there!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Antimatter
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Yup still not working. Just posted my own thread abut this. Expansions definitely did not address this issue but it needs to be fixed now. I'm livid.

Justg
12-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Yup still not working. Just posted my own thread abut this. Expansions definitely did not address this issue but it needs to be fixed now. I'm livid.

Livid is a pretty extreme state to be in because of a free gift in a free game. Sounds like a bug, we'll look in to it.

Antimatter
12-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Someone already posted that it would be fixed with the last patch. I waited to make a thread about this in hopes of it being resolved. I spend hundreds of my real life dollars on this game. Literally all my extra money gets spent on your games. I have every right to be livid. Check my plat history...I am a loyal patron to STS (hundreds of dollars in DL as well) and I don't appreciate my concerns being treated like they aren't a big deal.

Justg
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Not saying your concerns aren't a big deal Antimatter, I am saying that the forums are not a place for demands and tantrums. We try to keep a level tone here and would appreciate it if you would do the same.

What would be helpful is a series of reproducible steps to see the problem.

Edit: I think we have a lead on it now, it has to do with auto-restarting the ally. We'll try to get another fix in asap.

SamTheDog
12-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey Sam, as you've heard shazbot and Klaas are misbehaving. What I'm seeing is when you claim a daily, it goes straight to the bypass screen, skipping the do you want to start page you see when the ! is on. Maybe a flag isn't getting set when you skip the start button screen? That is if you youngsters still set flags and stuff like we used to in cobol and fortran. :-)

Antimatter
12-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Thank you. I wasn't trying to make any demands, I just love this game and care about it enough to try to get this fixed for everyone.

Tuik
12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
I have the same problem with Klaas, and another one I hadn't experienced before.

I claimed my chest this morning, 8 hours ago, started the new timer, switched maps to start it again and just now got an alert on my device that my chest is ready to be collected again. I went to get it but all I got was Klaas asking me if I wanna start the timer again. Now I have to wait another 8 hours :(

bronislav84
12-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I've had no trouble with Shazbot since the patch after the new content. Can't speak for Klaas.