PDA

View Full Version : actual effects of pets with mana regen on rouge's mana regen

wvhills
12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, we all know that roUGe's suffer from constant lack of mana. I tried to figure out our natural mana regen rate and how much equipping pets improves it.

Here's what I did:

I unequipped everything (pets, armor, weapon, pendants, rings) and used my skills to deplete my mana to as close to 0 as possible. I then timed how long it took to regain my mana to 100%. I repeated this weith armor, weapon, pendant and ring equipped but NO pet. I then repeated with same equips plus flap jack (which gives +8 mana regen) and then granite (which gives +4 mana regen).

I'm sure you all have noticed that we all regen mana at a slow rate for a short period of time then it increases. As best as I can tell, this happens around 7.5 seconds. I refer to this as the "slow regen" period. The faster rate of mana regen that occurs after this initial 7.5 seconds I refer to as the "fast regen".

Here's the numbers I got:

No Equips
Str: 20 Dex 86 Int 4 Mana 165
it took 14 seconds to regen mana to 100%
slow mana regen period I regained 10% (or 16.5) mana at a rate of 2.2 m/s. (take 16.5 and divide by 7.5 seconds (the slow mana regen period))
fast mana regen I regained 90% (148.5) mana at a rate of 22.8 mana sec.

Equips with No pets
Str: 60 Dex: 141 Int: 51 Mana: 635
it took 38 seconds to regain mana to 100%
slow mana regen period I regained 4% (or 25.4) mana at a rate of 3.39 m/s
fast mana regen I regained 96% (609.6) mana at a rate of 20.3 m/s

equips with granite (who gives +4 mana regen)
Str: 60 Dex: 141 Int: 51 Mana: 635
it took 31 seconds to regain mana to 100%
slow mana regen period I regained 10% (63.5) mana at a rate of 8.46 m/s
fast mana regen I regaind 90% (571.5) mana at a rate of 24.31 m/s

equips with flap jack (who gives a +8 mana regen)
str: 60 Dex: 141 Int: 51 Mana: 635
it took 26.3 seconds to regain mana to 100%
slow mana regen period I regained 14% (88.9) mana at a rate of 11.85 m/s
fast mana regen I regained 86% (546.1) mana at a rate of 28.74 m/s

Summary
granite (which adds +4 mana regen) increased both my slow and fast mana regen by about 4 m/s.
flap jack (which adds +8 mana regen) increased both my slow and fast mana regen by about 8 m/s over no pet equipped and by 4 m/s over granite equipped.
I think this confirms that the "mana regen" we see in the pet discription is mana regained per second.
The total time to regain 100% mana went from 38 seconds with no pet to 31 secs with +4 pet down to 26.3 secs with +8 pet.

Ampd
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM
nice work

Rare
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I refer to this as the "slow regen" period. ... I refer to as the "fast regen".

Genius

On a serious note... the equips with no pet is kind of weird. As if you got less regen in the fast perioud

wvhills
12-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Genius

On a serious note... the equips with no pet is kind of weird. As if you got less regen in the fast perioud

I think a fraction of a sec makes a big diff in the calculations. I did the one with equips only and the ones with pets multiple times but only did the no equips one once so it may be off a little. I was primarily interested in how much faster we get to 100% with the diff pets. Actually, I was surprised. I expected flap jack to cut the time in half but it only dropped it 12 seconds.

CrimsonTider
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
An actual, useful, informational thread. Who knew those still exist? ;)

Tuik
12-18-2012, 03:03 AM
Nice research. Still quite undecided whether Flapjack is a good pet or not. It gives a noticeable regen boost as shown by your data, but the mana regen is still terrible. Better off getting Str/Int/Dex or Armor/Crit/Damage than mana regen it seems!

wvhills
12-18-2012, 08:43 AM
thanks crim!

Tuik- depends on how u play. For me high mana regen on my pet is essential. I see roUGe's main function as dealing huge amounts of damage so I put 1 in str and 5 in dex every level (and I'm thinking about going full dex next cap). I have 15,000 kills and 65 deaths (take away pug hauntlet runs and elite runs and I'd have 3 or 4 deaths, lol) so I don't have a problem surviving. I like to charge my smoke bomb and use razer shield with it. I feel like my low health is made up for by my 40% dodge with pet and razer shield buff. When those wear off I step back and fire off aimed shot and nox bolt then move on to the next group. This works good now but I think it's going to be even better next cap when we get bows. My biggest issue is running out of mana so high mana regen pets are a must. Most mobs are spread out enough that I can solo all the regular maps and only use 1-2 mana pots at the boss. The only non-elite place I have trouble is the tombs of kragg because the mobs are so close together. I do have to use lots more pots there.

grunt226
12-20-2012, 04:12 AM
Nice research. Still quite undecided whether Flapjack is a good pet or not. It gives a noticeable regen boost as shown by your data, but the mana regen is still terrible. Better off getting Str/Int/Dex or Armor/Crit/Damage than mana regen it seems!

I noticed now that flap jack was nerfed to 4 mana/health regen... making granite my new main pet

Carapace
12-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Flap Jack will be returning to his +8 health and mana regen in the next update, that was a bug

zweixii
12-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Flap Jack will be returning to his +8 health and mana regen in the next update, that was a bug

Glad to see Flap Jack back to it original stats. What about the other pet's that got nerfed?

Carapace
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Glad to see Flap Jack back to it original stats. What about the other pet's that got nerfed?

Other pets that were modified were related more specifically to the re-tuning of the armor balance. Their armor and damage reduction abilities were not nerfed so much as brought in line with the new values and tweaks made to the armor algorithms. Are there particular pets you're referring to?