PDA

View Full Version : 12-21-12

Y O L O
12-17-2012, 09:05 PM
do u think world is gonna end? personally for me no lol no signs of the end of world and stuff...whats ur opinion?

Lowlyspy
12-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Personally, nope. But if it does, ah well, it was a fun ride :P

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Personally, nope. But if it does, ah well, it was a fun ride :P
Same here, but I'll be playing REM all day lol

Oskitopee
12-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't lol i can't decide. We should have a party or something on pl

Suentous PO
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
It's a dumb myth based on misunderstanding one minorities culture, derp.

Astrocat
12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I do NOT believe in it.....
You do realize people would have stoped working a while ago... XD

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't lol i can't decide. We should have a party or something on pl
Imagine if...

You were all nice and cozy inside your bed. It's December 20, 2012. It's 11:59 pm. The world is watching 2012, playing REM, and hugging each other. Suddenly the hour strikes 12! Everyone braces themselves, the world goes silent, a fly just dies, and then...

You've been disconnected from the server...

LwMark
12-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Imagine if...

You were all nice and cozy inside your bed. It's December 20, 2012. It's 11:59 pm. The world is watching 2012, playing REM, and hugging each other. Suddenly the hour strikes 12! Everyone braces themselves, the world goes silent, a fly just dies, and then...

You've been disconnected from the server...
Then people run to forums to complain an realize ,cannot connect to forums either, so they make sure their wifi/service is working, an no lights/bars...

Noodleleg
12-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Then people run to forums to complain an realize ,cannot connect to forums either, so they make sure their wifi/service is working, an no lights/bars...

...and then twinkies take over the world MUAHAHAHAH!

Fao
12-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Did you not hear Noodle? They're closing down the people who make Twinkies :'(

Cahaun
12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
That's going to end the world all right :(

LwMark
12-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Sellin twinkies 50$ a pop

Didnt they already shutem down?

bramer
12-17-2012, 09:33 PM
No, they shutem up. Hebe

This is bramer - signing out

Deathofan
12-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Sellin twinkies 50$ a pop

Didnt they already shutem down? If world ends, you'll need to come back and add humans to your discontinued guide. Gl!

Lol, astrologists are saying the sun will cause an enormous solar storm that will go through the magnectic field around earth and disrupt all the electricity of the world, causing unrepairable damage that will take years to bring back electricity.

Sts should make a vanity antenna with the tittle "12/21/12 apocalipse antenna"

TechniShock
12-17-2012, 09:55 PM
It's just a myth lol. The kids need to stop worrying.

Energizer12
12-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Didnt yall here :D they found more of the Mayan calendar so instead of it being the apocalypse is like New Year's Day :)

razerfingers
12-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Didnt yall here :D they found more of the Mayan calendar so instead of it being the apocalypse is like New Year's Day :)

Sweeeeeet.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

KingFu
12-18-2012, 03:50 AM

They didn't find more calendar's, they've always been aware of them. There's multiple calendars, and at the end of each cycle, a natural disaster *supposedly* happens (just like how a natural disaster happens at least once a year). At the end of this calendar, the Mayans *supposedly* predicted a larger natural disaster than the one at the end of the last calendar's cycle, however they have calendars continuing for a very long time after this one, filled with more predictions that go on far passed our lifetimes. Media decided to take it, and hype it up 100 times on end to sell books and movies. There's countless stories corelating to the topic, reason being, so many people make up rumors for it. Some Mayan "experts" have said it's an inaccurate prediction that has been given a lot of hype and exaggeration, while other say the entire thing is made up, and the date is of no significance by any means. Then there's the few that believe it's true, and promote it, most of which are authors of books or people that had spent thousands of dollars protecting themselves for Y2K.

When it comes down to it, the media skewes the truth to no end if it means money and notice for them, which is why I said "*supposedly*" numerous times. No one really knows the actual truth about it except for legitimate scientists that have studied and translated the texts. If it were really a possibility, I know we wouldn't have spent billions of dollars this year on Christmas presents, and the news wouldn't have to report things about Kate Middleton being pregnant as a news filler. The whole thing's a joke, just like the many other times they've predicted the Apocalypse.

Zaonabiuibil
12-18-2012, 06:14 AM
The Mayans forgot Leap Years, so technically the world should've ended like 6 months ago. JS

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 06:17 AM
The Mayans forgot Leap Years, so technically the world should've ended like 6 months ago. JS

-------------------

We got trolled by Mayans. --'

Griffinfan
12-18-2012, 08:28 AM
We are going to trust predictions by the Mayans who didn't even know the Spanish were coming, lol.

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
We are going to trust predictions by the Mayans who didn't even know the Spanish were coming, lol.

Lol!

MightyMicah
12-18-2012, 10:21 AM
You guys are gonna hate me...oh well ;)
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/57F9A855-C0E8-4F16-A9E6-B3F37F488382-638-0000007C4BE50E9C.jpg

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/57F9A855-C0E8-4F16-A9E6-B3F37F488382-638-0000007C4BE50E9C.jpg

True dat xD

The Flash
12-18-2012, 10:46 AM

Mayans didnt predict the end of time its just we misunderstood the translation. The mayas as a cultural might not have been very tecnologicaly advanced but when it came to astronomy and time keeping they were 1000s of years ahead.

That and they were very clean people for there time. I remember reading some spanish conquest book and the spanish were stumped on how clean there cities were and how they showered every day or other day. As opposed to people from europens who showered one to three times a year. That was the whole purpose why people from europens invented perfume (to mask there horrible smell). Its also why they had so many diseases in europe (like the plegue ect..) and was how they conquered the mayans (most died of foreign diseases).

KingFu
12-18-2012, 10:48 AM

The Bible also states in it (in I think Corinthians) that the end of time is, and will always be unknown to man until the event occurs. Remember the whole May 21st of 2011 thing with the Christian radio host? That's why it was so funny. People heard about his numerical decoding and threw money at his church as donations to prepare for it, and now they're screwed out of the money because they didn't know what a total contradiction it was.

Also, I believe the Mayans were the first to proper create an accurate calendar. As for not accumulating for the leap year, I think that's not true since as the post above me states their advances in astronomy, that shouldn't have been a problem for them.

chukie
12-18-2012, 12:10 PM
if the world does end.. then i gotta get laid..cuz i dont wanna die as a virgin :(

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 12:23 PM
if the world does end.. then i gotta get laid..cuz i dont wanna die as a virgin :(

Oh gawd Chukie.. :(

LwMark
12-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Better hurry !

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Better hurry !

3 days left! WAIT, what about New Zealand? They'll disappear before us..

lakersrockftw
12-18-2012, 01:29 PM
I better cap before world ends LOL.

P.s it won't even end

Growwle
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Not going to end.

ArtofWar
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Hmm i'm not sure if the earth will end but i don't think so.. we all will see..

chukie
12-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Oh gawd Chukie.. :(

lol haha

Skeletonlord
12-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Check this:

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

The World will not end, as confirmed by Nasa. That article explains all. There will be a winter solstice.

Nick41324
12-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Minorities? They were more advanced than us. Even with all of our modern technology, they were still more advanced.

One example.. we calculated the universe is around 14 billion years old. The Maya predicted it is around 15 billion years old. The more and more advanced we get, the closer we are getting to the 15.5 billion (or whatever number it was) mark they predicted.

PL Playa
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
NASA has actually made a video, I believe called "why the world don't end yesterday" people should watch it.

Also, no the world ain't gonna end. :)

Nick41324
12-18-2012, 02:18 PM
post on facebook that exact post.

chukie
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM
lmao i will thanks

Skeletonlord
12-18-2012, 02:20 PM
NASA has actually made a video, I believe called "why the world don't end yesterday" people should watch it.

Also, no the world ain't gonna end. :)

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY_Gc1bF8ds

PL Playa
12-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I am really inattentive sorry

*Zero*
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
I still say we need Mayans Fail shirt vanities in all sts games come saturday!

Snicole
12-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't believe that

Noodleleg
12-18-2012, 11:10 PM
LIST OF DATES FOR APOCALYPTIC EVENTS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Did you know that our world/civilization has been predicted to end many times dating way back before the 1st century? In fact, after Dec. 21, 2012, another "end of the world" date awaits on 2018 :) These people are date setters, and that's what they do, set dates for different reasons...their twisted cults beliefs, profit, trolling, etc. Well...see you next at the next end of the world date :)

I'd laugh my *** off if one day, all of a sudden, the world just ended. Luckily, Micah and I will be shaking hands with some awesome people XD! -Or at least we hope-

KingFu
12-18-2012, 11:16 PM

Did you know that our world/civilization has been predicted to end many times dating way back before the 1st century? In fact, after Dec. 21, 2012, another "end of the world" date awaits on 2018 :) These people are date setters, and that's what they do, set dates for different reasons...their twisted cults beliefs, profit, trolling, etc. Well...see you next at the next end of the world date :)

Never seen that page before. Really interesting. Funny how the page has the word "revised" in it 13 times.

Edit:

They forgot June 6th 2006 as a date (6-6-6)

dugantale
12-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Haha it wont end man. I mean look at all the other dates people said and crap.. We will live.. If not.. I lived a pretty awesome life

Kixxler
12-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Don't worry guys, this "doomsday" is just a superstition created by a bunch of trolls

Energizer12
12-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Too be honest guys there has been so many predictions about this and I feel they choose random dates

Griffinfan
12-19-2012, 08:16 AM

Actually the Mayans didn't "predict" the end of the world, the Mayan calendar just resets and everyone took that to the streets as "THE WORLDS ENDING!"

Christopher Lee Seaman
12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
It didn't really reset as far as I know it just ends. And if you think about it after chipping away at rock for all that time the probably got near the enough of 2013 and thought hey we'try good let's go grab a beer. Shortly after their civilization ended thus ending their calendar making careers.

KingFu
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Actually the Mayans didn't "predict" the end of the world, the Mayan calendar just resets and everyone took that to the streets as "THE WORLDS ENDING!"

Which is why it's listed as a prediction made by "various". Misconceptions count...

Already been stated numerous times in this thread anyways. Here's a quote from a Wikipedia page even:

The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 on the Solstice (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 14th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.

MightyMicah
12-19-2012, 01:16 PM
The Bible also states in it (in I think Corinthians) that the end of time is, and will always be unknown to man until the event occurs. Remember the whole May 21st of 2011 thing with the Christian radio host? That's why it was so funny. People heard about his numerical decoding and threw money at his church as donations to prepare for it, and now they're screwed out of the money because they didn't know what a total contradiction it was.

Also, I believe the Mayans were the first to proper create an accurate calendar. As for not accumulating for the leap year, I think that's not true since as the post above me states their advances in astronomy, that shouldn't have been a problem for them.

Bear in mind there are such a thing as false Christians.

The Mayans may have been the first to make a calendar but that doesn't give them the authority to say when the world ends.

Chickenrunnn
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
the world won't end the 21/12/2012 -.-

There is no Scientific troubles that have been obverved.. Nothing can happen.

Unless Aliens, who found a way to teleport to us, send us a black hole right in our face, but it is kinda improbable isn't it? :)..

Oh dam! it is the 20/12/2012 in france! :'(.. It is my last day :'( !!

dudetus
12-19-2012, 07:00 PM
We have professional world ending foreseers. That should convince more than enough that this is just a media hype.

Growwle
12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Minorities? They were more advanced than us. Even with all of our modern technology, they were still more advanced.

One example.. we calculated the universe is around 14 billion years old. The Maya predicted it is around 15 billion years old. The more and more advanced we get, the closer we are getting to the 15.5 billion (or whatever number it was) mark they predicted.

Minority is not a derogatory label, it just means that there are less of them than the majority. Also, although the Mayans were very advanced for their time, they were not as advanced as the developed countries today.

Suentous PO
12-19-2012, 08:35 PM
To even say one is MORE advanced is wrong at least and possibly racist (at least due to ignorance if not apathy).
To quantify what makes a culture "advanced" tells you more about the cultures values who are using those terminologies.

The exact page in the Dresden codex (which is only one of four books to be saved from the genocide) that deals with that day Is half missing. Imagine only having say, half of the book of revalations, and then trying to guess what it means.
I'm not sayin anyone's racist here , but it is a bit insensitive to revel in our cultural ignorance.

Otukura
12-20-2012, 12:28 AM
i spent a summer with a mayan tribe in soph year of highschool for a summer community service program, and they say the world ending is a bunch of crap.

Griffinfan
12-20-2012, 08:39 AM

You really believe in that number? can you imagine how we would exist if it was 15 billion years old, the sun would have burned the earth to crisp because the sun is shrinking every 10 minutes, the sun would haave been bigger/or as big as the solar system ^^

12/20/12- 1 day!!

Astrocat
12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Tomorrow guys.. tomorrow.. xD

NECROREAPER
12-20-2012, 04:52 PM
You really believe in that number? can you imagine how we would exist if it was 15 billion years old, the sun would have burned the earth to crisp because the sun is shrinking every 10 minutes, the sun would haave been bigger/or as big as the solar system ^^

12/20/12- 1 day!!

The Sun isn't 15 billion years old, the Universe is. The Sun is roughly 7 billion years old, and the Earth is roughly 4.6 Billion.

When the Sun is around 10 billion years old it will have expanded to around where we orbit, consuming or burning the Earth. Also, the size of a Solar System is not directly proportional to the size of it's star. For example, there could be one Hypergiant Star with no planets around it, and our Solar System could be bigger than the Hypergiant with our smaller star.

Astrocat
12-20-2012, 07:02 PM
It's the 21!!!!!!!

Suentous PO
12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
It's over 13 billion ( the universe), and if you don't believe that you are willfully ignoring scientific peer reviewed rigor, good luck. Stay away from astronomy research, you won't like it.

MightyMicah
12-20-2012, 08:31 PM
It's over 13 billion ( the universe), and if you don't believe that you are willfully ignoring scientific peer reviewed rigor, good luck. Stay away from astronomy research, you won't like it.

I believe the earth is 6-8 thousand years old. I also believe there is plenty of evidence which supports it. I am not willfully ignorant. I could say the same to you. Check out Answersingenesis.com

Have fun reading.

KingFu
12-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I think people get too caught up into stuff like this. It really doesn't matter when the Earth was formed, scientific curiosity aside. All we know is it's older than us. Scientific theories that were widely accepted 100, 50, or even 25 years ago have been proven incorrect on numerous occasions. Who's to say our current theories are the exception to that?

MightyMicah
12-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I think people get too caught up into stuff like this. It really doesn't matter when the Earth was formed, scientific curiosity aside. All we know is it's older than us. Scientific theories that were widely accepted 100, 50, or even 25 years ago have been proven incorrect on numerous occasions. Who's to say our current theories are the exception to that?

Mysticaldream, I do believe that's the wisest post I've ever seen you post.

KingFu
12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Mysticaldream, I do believe that's the wisest post I've ever seen you post.

Damn, I managed to raise the bar even higher? Good job me!

Suentous PO
12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I believe the earth is 6-8 thousand years old. I also believe there is plenty of evidence which supports it. I am not willfully ignorant. I could say the same to you. Check out Answersingenesis.com

Have fun reading.
For the record I wasn't calling anyone ignorent I said you would have to ignore geology, astronomy, biology and the research that even the Vatican has been conducting.
Everyone is entitled their beliefs, I often abide science as it CAN show evidence without selectively choosing what to focus on and what to ignore Peer review does not require belief, but it demands verification.

Edit- I did look at your website, I even read 42 pages of a book called the lie which did not once contradict scientific research, it did however constantly quote a bible. Cest la vie

Zaonabiuibil
12-20-2012, 09:45 PM
The sun is in the middle of its life, which is about 10 billion years. If you think of the supernova that caused the star to form, and the space junk combusted and pulled together into the planets, which revolve around the sun because of its gravity, then you'd get science. God created life, but science can sometimes take precedence.

-------------------

Griffinfan
12-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh theres so many facts that disprove that billion year old theory it would take to much time to post :)

#gettingofftopic

Suentous PO
12-20-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm officially recognizing, I both spoke of being culturally respectful, and conflicted with another's culture. Irony complete, lol.
I enjoy our difficult convo's Micah, I never mean to disrespect.

MightyMicah
12-20-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm officially recognizing, I both spoke of being culturally respectful, and conflicted with another's culture. Irony complete, lol.
I enjoy our difficult convo's Micah, I never mean to disrespect.

Of course! A little conversation never hurt anybody :D

If I came off upset or harsh or something, I didn't mean to.

LwMark
12-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Wtf!? I just got disconnected!!!!
Did my post work????

Astrocat
12-21-2012, 03:30 AM
omg its TODAY!!!! D: D:

LwMark
12-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Doesnt mean its goin to happen now .
Honestly somethin will happen eventually, so many possibilities.
Government even has underground facilities ready for world to fall apart

Dreuefesie
12-21-2012, 03:53 AM
The day is almost done in Australia, glad I brushed up on my survival skills. Was tough work.

Good luck everyone!

razerfingers
12-21-2012, 04:19 AM
Lol psn disconnected at 12:30am

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Astrocat
12-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Getting ready!

Zaonabiuibil
12-21-2012, 06:14 AM
You ready?

-------------------

Astrocat
12-21-2012, 06:21 AM
You ready?

-------------------

Not anymore. I don't even care anymore. All I think about, is my cat.