PDA

View Full Version : Class rebalance

Rushorgtfo
12-18-2012, 01:25 AM
So the average MMO heal to Damage ratio is around 1: (.4)? And pl. is 1:1.25 right now. Everyone's blaming dodge or critical or hit% or armor or gear. But what no one fully understands is health and skill Damage. All classes can kill any class with 2 skills now. 2 skill for most classes is 60+ more damage points than your entire health pool. Last cap is was whoever press that first root or first freeze or first stun now its whoever presses that first blast that first fire that first beckon I'm being sarcastic. It was horrid last cap an it's terrible now. I'm sure everyone in the PVP community would like LONGER fights. if the Devs would listen and just rebalance skills because they are over the top. Even if its just close to 1: (.4) I think people would be much happier regardless of pve it would make it harder for everyone and yes I wouldn't mind more difficult pve, coming from someone with Lvl 66 gear only 100 k and 4 plat. This thread is not for my benefit its to benefit everyone who supports and plays Pvp.

Waug
12-18-2012, 01:46 AM
It's true that dodge and armor has increased but HP remained same almost from the begining, but being bit person rushers always want very few hit kills. lol and I guess it won't be good for 2vs1 situation

Bous
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
We need 5000 hp for birds instead of 500. :D

Venco
12-18-2012, 09:29 AM
ehm no

GELLIO77
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
all base hp now doubled, i like that

Bous
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Thats pretty much the only thing they can do since sets are getting a ridiculous amount of crit and hit.

FluffNStuff
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Just a note, the longer the fight, the more likely the bird will lose.

Deadbite
12-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Next cap bears will have 100 dodge.... So not much worse it can get...

Roberto077
12-18-2012, 03:25 PM
35,424 health for bears
100 health for archers (but 314341341234123412341234 damage)
1 health for mages (intant kill)
-8 health for Foxes (they can be ghosts or some sneaky ****)
9,264,518,750,235,084,560,128,475,610,588,531,280, 571,236,581,320,581,256,832,405,813,265 hit % for palidans (oh yeah!)

Everyone'sFavMage
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
So the average MMO heal to Damage ratio is around 1: (.4)? And pl. is 1:1.25 right now. Everyone's blaming dodge or critical or hit% or armor or gear. But what no one fully understands is health and skill Damage. All classes can kill any class with 2 skills now. 2 skill for most classes is 60+ more damage points than your entire health pool. Last cap is was whoever press that first root or first freeze or first stun now its whoever presses that first blast that first fire that first beckon I'm being sarcastic. It was horrid last cap an it's terrible now. I'm sure everyone in the PVP community would like LONGER fights. if the Devs would listen and just rebalance skills because they are over the top. Even if its just close to 1: (.4) I think people would be much happier regardless of pve it would make it harder for everyone and yes I wouldn't mind more difficult pve, coming from someone with Lvl 66 gear only 100 k and 4 plat. This thread is not for my benefit its to benefit everyone who supports and plays Pvp.well, what really needs to happen is game needs to be reverted back to sewer days. Devs need to take a very close look at sewers and try to recreate that experience. That game went down hill ever since that cap. Worse and worse.

XghostzX
12-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Waldo, the Devs have never taken a relatively large act to fix PvP, nor will they most likely ever. They haven't even mentioned to the community about any changes in PvP...

Sorry if this sentence seems like a rant, but I do find it to be pretty ridiculous that STS decided to invest time on a new PvP map when Stats is all we want to be fixed. We never even play on new PvP maps (since all the games are always in forest fight, rockwall forts, and occasionally castle keep away). If you're going to implement new maps, there has to be a different incentive.

I don't really have much to say. Just roll with the changes, man. Play the class that's OP if you like being on the OP side, try a new level, level up a new toon. I haven't really given up too much faith due to the fact that STS has a very caring staff and are trying their best to please us all. It's balancing stats, and making everything even.

Rushorgtfo
12-18-2012, 04:50 PM

Birds who really can't play pl for their life maybe. There's no longer any "good" or "bad" pvpers now. As Long as you have cap gear crafted and ring.

azefekie
12-18-2012, 04:55 PM
the only things that the Devs need to balance is rush, ghost and I. trust me it's hard being this good. nerf me plz

Bring on the troll replies!!

Otukura
12-18-2012, 05:02 PM
4 plat :s

Seminole
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM
So the average MMO heal to Damage ratio is around 1: (.4)? And pl. is 1:1.25 right now. Everyone's blaming dodge or critical or hit% or armor or gear. But what no one fully understands is health and skill Damage. All classes can kill any class with 2 skills now. 2 skill for most classes is 60+ more damage points than your entire health pool. Last cap is was whoever press that first root or first freeze or first stun now its whoever presses that first blast that first fire that first beckon I'm being sarcastic. It was horrid last cap an it's terrible now. I'm sure everyone in the PVP community would like LONGER fights. if the Devs would listen and just rebalance skills because they are over the top. Even if its just close to 1: (.4) I think people would be much happier regardless of pve it would make it harder for everyone and yes I wouldn't mind more difficult pve, coming from someone with Lvl 66 gear only 100 k and 4 plat. This thread is not for my benefit its to benefit everyone who supports and plays Pvp.

Look everyone;

End pvp is broke and its going to take an old priest, a young priest, and 10 billion gallons of holy water to fix it. They dont want to take the time and go through it. They rather just keep adding content and make money. Wouldnt you?

Imho adding health will not solve anything, but instead make classes with high dodge even stronger. Not a good idea.

Rushorgtfo
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM
4 plat :s

Ya.. I'd buy more but 108,000 platnium is enough for me. Can't buy more just can't. I would and get crafted and be like everyone else 1 skill killing eachother.

@seminole nerfing skill damadge and increasing health all across for all classes would be the answere.

imxoriginal
12-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Wtf? Over $4000 spent on this game..... Da hell man?

saool
12-18-2012, 06:37 PM

Birds who really can't play pl for their life maybe. There's no longer any "good" or "bad" pvpers now. As Long as you have cap gear crafted and ring.

You mean crafted str gear. Mage gear isn't exactly the best, and burds are still burds. Even with their high hit and dodge haxing skills they can be killed. But there's tons of str nubs who think they're "pro" (lmao). Anyways, yeah a rebalance would be great, but I doubt it'll happen. 1+ to the idea though

Everyone'sFavMage
12-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Sigh, some insightful words being spoken here.

Rushorgtfo
12-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Sigh, some insightful words being spoken here.

Lets just hope there listened to:)

Waug
12-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Endgame pvp isn't that much broken, just few issues to be fixed, increasing hp even not gonna solve everything either, if they increase hp significantly then -
1) Mages are gonna be the new generation tankers, killing even non str mages will be very tough, as they'll start to eat up opponent's high damage easily through their superb heal as they're getting the time to do so.

2) Str vs str fight won't exist anymore, will take forever.

3) They can't do it before dodge nerfing otherwise dodge+ high hp (including hp regene) = Invincible

Rushorgtfo
12-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Ok so out of all the possibilities for fights. Only str vs str can be considered a good fight? PEOPLE! That's when you KNOW something's Wrong with pvp come on dont kid yourself.

Waug
12-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Ok so out of all the possibilities for fights. Only str vs str can be considered a good fight? PEOPLE! That's when you KNOW something's Wrong with pvp come on dont kid yourself.

lol, I didn't get it, who said str fighting is good?, but this is the point you moved from the neutral point of view.

Renegade
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Endgame pvp definitely is unbalanced and ridicoulous. A simple fix would be to just lower skill damage. I don't understand the logic devs used by giving classes skills that do more damage than we have health. How can you give a mage skills that do 600+ damage? A bird with 600+ damage. When both have less than 600 health. Makes no sense to me. Also they need to take note on how sewers was. The staff set for mages was superior. Unlike now where the staff is completely out classed. Now they make the wand set get it all. Same with talon birds. The 2 handed weapons (staffs, bows, longswords, etc) should be the ones that do the high damage. The shield should only be an alternative for people who want more armor . Not to get all the benefits of a 2h weapon with a shield. The devs make things more complicated than they should be. As techno said before she has some "3 step plan". When there is only 1 thing that needs to be done. Lower skill damage.

Multibird
12-19-2012, 04:16 PM
fox....ftw.....lol

Waug
12-19-2012, 09:48 PM
How can you give a mage skills that do 600+ damage? A bird with 600+ damage. When both have less than 600 health.

It's the base damage not effective damage, effective damage should be way much less, otherwise they would do one hit kill, even without crit if not dodged.

Renegade
12-20-2012, 05:58 AM
It's the base damage not effective damage, effective damage should be way much less, otherwise they would do one hit kill, even without crit if not dodged.

You obviously do not PvP in the 75-76 area. I'm pretty sure you're somewhere around the 71 level range where these problems do not take place. I on the other hand am a full dex bird in swift. I know very well what damage I can and can't do. 90% of the fights I have with birds are 1 shot kills. In swift with elite bow you're at around 102-105 crit. Meaning even weaker skills such as blind or break will still hit at 400-500. This level of PvP literally requires 0 skill. Hell, I've been around long enough, pvp'ed long enough to realize how messed up pvp is. Mages have had well over 100 crit the past 3 caps. Any bird can throw on swift with elite bow and beat people who actually have skill. Why? Because now all you have to do is use blast. That's it, whoever lands blast first will win. I believe simply lowering skill damage would end this 1 skill spam era. If devs are going to give out 100 crit to classes they shouldn't come with 600+ skill damage. I guaruntee you, once players can't do 500+ damage in one shot. You will easily see who has skill and who doesn't. If this change is made. Timing, speed, and combos will make a return. I apologize for my long posts. I just deeply feel for pvp as pve and merching does nothing for me. No entertainment there. PvP is what keeps me here, and I hate seeing it the way it is. When there are easy changes that can be made to fix it.

Waug
12-20-2012, 06:38 AM
You obviously do not PvP in the 75-76 area. I'm pretty sure you're somewhere around the 71 level range where these problems do not take place.

These are basic things of game you dont need to do pvp at every level to know what is effective damage, crit etc. Though I'm basically an end game pvp-er, doing it since last 3 cap and I did every level (5 or 1 level gap) pvp to test things.

TBH, you've no idea what is effective damage I talked about.

I did not say anywhere that end game is properly balanced, fact is, it was not even properly balanced in last caps either.

Renegade
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Well buddy doesn't matter how many levels you've tested at. Point is there is no other level where players can hit each other with 500-600 shots regularly. Couldn't care less what your views on "effective damage" are. With almost 30k pvp kills and 87k ctf kills, I'm not clueless when it comes to pvp. Fact of the matter is regardless of how unbalanced pvp has been last 3 caps, skill damage has never been this high. PvP is a dull place when any random player just needs to know how to buff and spam their skills.

Everyone'sFavMage
12-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Yep.

Waug
12-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Well buddy doesn't matter how many levels you've tested at. Point is there is no other level where players can hit each other with 500-600 shots regularly. Couldn't care less what your views on "effective damage" are. With almost 30k pvp kills and 87k ctf kills, I'm not clueless when it comes to pvp. Fact of the matter is regardless of how unbalanced pvp has been last 3 caps, skill damage has never been this high. PvP is a dull place when any random player just needs to know how to buff and spam their skills.

you're arguing at a point I didn't say, and ignoring the point i said.

The thing is about effective damage, and base damage, where I said you're wrong.

I didn't deny any other point of yours.

blah0129
01-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Well this is where knowing how to get in and out of range comes into effect and the use of trees... make the noons waste their arrows

XghostzX
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Well this is where knowing how to get in and out of range comes into effect and the use of trees... make the noons waste their arrows

"Waste their arrows". That's pretty disappointing if balanced PvP has come down to hiding behind virtual trees.

Gaunab
01-04-2013, 04:37 PM
"Waste their arrows". That's pretty disappointing if balanced PvP has come down to hiding behind virtual trees.

Hiding behind real trees while playing also helps.