PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Storm Shot

Tuik
12-18-2012, 03:26 AM
So, rogues are getting their 8th skill. The skill, as shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTfC5qc7UA, is a ranged attack capable of hitting multiple targets.

Details:

Shadow Storm Shot
Fires an arcane arrow of darkness which explodes on impact.
62mana, 5 sec cool-down, 14m range, 13-13 damage+increased damage on critical.

Spreading Shadow
Increase the radius of Shadow Storm Shot to 6m.

Shadow Focus
Increase damage on a critical hit by 25%.

Dark Damage
Increases damage of Shadow Storm by 15%.

Shadow Touch
Increase the maximum number of target hit by a charged Shadow Storm Shot by 2.

I'll definitely be testing this once we get the free respecs and if it's any good, consider replacing Shadow Piercer with it. Any thoughts on this skill?

Koedt
12-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Seems like its done for me; loose the daggers and go ranged only.
Nox Bolt, Aimed Shot, Shadow Shot and the Dex passive.
Cant wait :)

Tuik
12-18-2012, 07:19 AM
What do you think about the damage? 13-13? What does that mean?

Limsi
12-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Got preoccupied with the pet. Sweet.

Swagcity
12-18-2012, 07:30 AM
All the shots + veil for 15% damage. Hope ranged at 21 out DPS melee..will test it. Ranged might be good for PvP tho

Yakiniku
12-18-2012, 08:14 AM
What do you think about the damage? 13-13? What does that mean?

It probably just means the damage is a static value. Like if you look at the description for Aimed Shot you'll see it has a range of damage like 11-15, so the actual damage when it hits can vary.

Either way, the skill looks solid. Will definitely play with this during the respec period. Does anyone know how many targets the aoe will hit by default?

Kenoon
12-18-2012, 09:04 AM
With Shadow Storm shot, the skill rotations with 3 arrow skills would be much convenient for Ranged wannabe.

Asahetek
12-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Im looking foward to testing this one shadow piercer is good but its kinda touchy and attracts mobs in elite easily. As for the number of eniemies it attacks im not sure, its an aoe and 2 perks increase the ammount of eniemes it can attack.

nenjih
12-18-2012, 11:04 PM
This new skill feels like you need 5/5 for it to be effective

Whereas Shadow piercer you only really need 3/5 (the armor reduction is so weak and has a really low chance to proc, the multiple low damage attack seems weak enough to skip)

Also I'm assuming the +25% damage on critical is equivalent to Aimed Shot's description of "150% critical damage", just different ways of saying the same thing, i.e. normal critical does 2x damage, with the skill it does 2.5x damage.

SuRfY
12-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Finally, AoE for rogue. Definitely getting this and throwing out noxious bolt and aimed shot.

Deanoboi
12-19-2012, 02:59 AM
So basically they should rename rogues archers.....

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 04:40 AM

Well i made a Lv15 before they announce this skill though.
Even myself call it as an archer or ranger... lol

Koedt
12-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Not really.
You can go both ways after the update; melee or ranged.

mike1298
12-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Ranged weapon is crazy. Shows less damage than mellee but ut boosted my skill stats by a ton. 225-285 aimed shot on skill screen with level 20 pink bow or something like that

ShadowGunX
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Ranged weapon is crazy. Shows less damage than mellee but ut boosted my skill stats by a ton. 225-285 aimed shot on skill screen with level 20 pink bow or something like that

that is because ur dex has boosted by ur bow. so ur bonus dmg% also increases with increase dex. more bonus dmg% more skill dmg or effectivness

mike1298
12-20-2012, 06:20 AM

that is because ur dex has boosted by ur bow. so ur bonus dmg% also increases with increase dex. more bonus dmg% more skill dmg or effectivness

My bow boosted 2 dex over my daggers, that is not why.

Deadbite
12-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Do you just not like bows??? Every chance it gets it seems you are putting them down.

Anyways bows IMO are for bosses/elite and daggers are for the regular mobs. Bows have lower dps but more skill dmg. Daggers more dos lower skill dmg.

mike1298
12-20-2012, 07:45 AM

Do you just not like bows??? Every chance it gets it seems you are putting them down.

Anyways bows IMO are for bosses/elite and daggers are for the regular mobs. Bows have lower dps but more skill dmg. Daggers more dos lower skill dmg.

Agreed.

Runescape
12-20-2012, 04:09 PM

Most of the time you fight mobs, so daggers are best

mike1298
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM

If you are doing elite as a rogue you want to avoid mobs, you tend to pick off lower amounts of enemies at a time. Not like tomb runs where you bunch em up in a gigantic cluster.

Ozwald
12-20-2012, 04:57 PM
sounds as though they are simply giving us a choice to play ranged or melee nothing more.

spypeter1
12-20-2012, 07:14 PM

Well, prefer bows for me. Unless ur health are above 1k then maybe u could not die while pulling aggro with daggers