PDA

View Full Version : Snowball, a new Pet

Limsi
12-18-2012, 07:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTfC5qc7UA

That's the link for the video showing a new pet named Snowball, as well as what looks like the new map expansion "Dead City". This clip surely made me pumped and going!

Thoughts?

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Thoughts? Hmmm.. this hum, how to say..? It's a bit.. well... it looks...

Awesome!!!!!!!!

PS: I can see Samhayne pretty happy with that pet xD

CriticalCyr
12-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Leave it to the devs to get excited about his tricks, and not his combat capabilities, lol.

Limsi
12-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Leave it to the devs to get excited about his tricks, and not his combat capabilities, lol.

Ahaha! Even I was wondering what boost would it give as its happiness bonus though I could not blame the commentator for his reactions, I would have felt the same thing ;)

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 09:10 AM
The thing that I don't get with the new pets, is that they are even more expensive in platinum price, and they are weaker. I mean, our actual pets are better, and cheaper.

Shonex
12-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Great,I love the pet not sure if it`s a drop or for plat... :confusion:

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Great,I love the pet not sure if it`s a drop or for plat... :confusion:

Snowball pet will cost 25 platinum. :)

CriticalCyr
12-18-2012, 09:14 AM
His Happiness bonus is you recieve increased damage by 5% and +5 Crit.

There might also be snowball egg drops from a certain winter goblin ;) more details coming soon.

Limsi
12-18-2012, 09:15 AM
The thing that I don't get with the new pets, is that they are even more expensive in platinum price, and they are weaker. I mean, our actual pets are better, and cheaper.

Aesthetics. You walk around Kraag flaunting your one of a kind companion and showing how unique it is, but by the moment you engage in Elite runs- it gets back to the stable. :)

Let's see, so if ever it's 25 platinum and adding 50 for extra vanities and the new premium weapon type, I'd be safe with $10 plus a pinch of offers from third parties.

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Aesthetics. You walk around Kraag flaunting your one of a kind companion and showing how unique it is, but by the moment you engage in Elite runs- it gets back to the stable. :)

True, but that is not really good to do. I mean, new pets should be better and not weaker. :p
I'll definitely buy snowball to show off in a year or so, but the new Dungeon's pets, are not worth it. :( Well, Wrath has good stats and does look amazing with the fire effects, but, looks like you cant buy it with platinum, and since it's a legendary from the new dungeons, i'll guess we'll see it listed up at 999k+ in CS.

Limsi
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Oh, do you have any links to any source of information where I can read about this "Wrath"? Thanks! :)

Edited: I have found it already, nevermind this post! ;)

Bless
12-18-2012, 10:33 AM
*screams like a drama queen* But I called dibs on wrath!

KingGiant
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Didn't anyone notice that the final Rogue skill is active in the video? Or is this old news already?

Frealaf
12-18-2012, 12:41 PM
They could have at least made it look like a snowman rather than that monstrosity

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 12:45 PM
They could have at least made it look like a snowman rather than that monstrosity

We are in a Fantasy game, my friend.

CriticalCyr
12-18-2012, 12:49 PM
It looks more like a snowman than any snowman I've ever made.

Astrocat
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
It looks more like a snowman than any snowman I've ever made.

Mines always die after 1 night. --'

Frealaf
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
We are in a Fantasy game, my friend.

oh so thats will be why the cats look like cats, and the dogs look like dogs and the tortoise looks like a tortoise and the frog looks like a frog..... shall I go on? :disillusionment:

McBain
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
oh so thats will be why the cats look like cats, and the dogs look like dogs and the tortoise looks like a tortoise and the frog looks like a frog..... shall I go on? :disillusionment:

Please do. What do Flap Jack and Malison look like?

Deadbite
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
KEVIN FROM UP!!!! I win!! :D bes movie evar

Frealaf
12-18-2012, 05:27 PM

Is it the school holidays already? Snowmen exist in real life, make it look like a snowman, like the cats and dogs and other real life looking pets look like they should.

Cahaun
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM

Is it the school holidays already? Snowmen exist in real life, make it look like a snowman, like the cats and dogs and other real life looking pets look like they should.
There hundreds of different kinds of animals in the world and all have different looks even if they are related by a certain category. Two dogs may be dogs, but they don't always look the same.
Snowmen can come in many forms. Two snowballs? Three? One? Coal for eyes? Some don't have eyes. Twigs for arms? Frosty had snow arms. What type of hat to put on top? Mine didn't have any.
They can be snowmen without looking like the same beside the other :)

liondedan
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't like the look of the snowman

Frealaf
12-18-2012, 05:46 PM
There hundreds of different kinds of animals in the world and all have different looks even if they are related by a certain category. Two dogs may be dogs, but they don't always look the same.
Snowmen can come in many forms. Two snowballs? Three? One? Coal for eyes? Some don't have eyes. Twigs for arms? Frosty had snow arms. What type of hat to put on top? Mine didn't have any.

Finally a sensible answer thank you.

I agree however to me it dosn't look much like any snowman I ever saw. If they wanted it to look nasty they should have made it look like the abominable snowman out of the donald duck christmas cartoon.

Urqui
12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Hope this pet doesn't need to be fed since snowmen don't actually eat
Jk. I love this pet & hope it's in my stable soon:)

Cahaun
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM

Finally a sensible answer thank you.

I agree however to me it dosn't look much like any snowman I ever saw. If they wanted it to look nasty they should have made it look like the abominable snowman out of the donald duck christmas cartoon.
I wanted a Frosty the Snowman type from the old cartoon, but oh well we get what got and we got what we get. :)

McBain
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM

Congratz, you entirely missed the point.

ShadowGunX
12-18-2012, 10:25 PM
i need Rudolph pet :-( Santa's pet ;-)

Cahaun
12-18-2012, 10:26 PM
i need Rudolph pet :-( Santa's pet ;-)
Maybe next time! :D

Dannynguyen
12-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Going to buy it anyway :) looks nice

CriticalCyr
12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Definitely. I look forward to wearing all blue founders with my celestial staff and my snowman bodyguard.

By the way, welcome to the forums, Danny :)

Deathpunch
12-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I need a squid buddy! Maybe Santa will bring me one.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Astrocat
12-21-2012, 05:20 AM
I need a squid buddy! Maybe Santa will bring me one.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Let's cross fingers for that ... Squid.