PDA

View Full Version : New alerts and issues with joystick and skills

stricker20000
12-18-2012, 10:08 AM
First the alerts, which are showing even rare and epic drops, are annoying.
(There is no option to avoid these alerts)
Secondly the virtual joystick only works if you tick 'Virtual Joystick Tracking'.
Thirdly the rogue's 'Shadow Piercer' skill (noxious bolt and aimed shot, too) now automatically aims for vases or other such things more often.
(Further more 'Shadow Veil' often doesn't work. Like 3 out of 8 tries don't cause the skill's effect, whereas the skill is set to cool-down and the mp are used.)
Anyway, I suggest giving an option to avoid the alerts and the skills as well as the joystick should be fixed.

tearacan
12-18-2012, 10:32 AM
i also get a alert when i retrieved my items from cs which didn't sell. :confused:

Samhayne
12-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to post the bug info. We're going through these, but in looking at

Thirdly the rogue's 'Shadow Piercer' skill (noxious bolt and aimed shot, too) now automatically aims for vases or other such things more often.

We haven't been able to reproduce this. The thing to know is that if an enemy is out of range, you'll shoot a box or crate. Also, your character only has a 180 degree of fire. If all the opponents are at your back and a crate is in front of you, even if the enemies behind you are in range, you'll shoot the crate, because you can't shoot your bow over your shoulder.

If you have more specific input of how to reproduce the bow skill hitting a crate incorrectly, please let us know. Thanks!

stricker20000
12-18-2012, 04:25 PM
some examples for the wrong auto-aiming of bow skill:

-On the left-hand side there were some vases and on the right-hand side there was a mob.
-->the bow skill hit the vases instead of the mob (and i guess both of them were in the 180 degree of fire)

-in front of the character where two mobs, that means they were definitely in the 180 degree of fire, and on the left-hand side there were some vases.
-->the bow skill hit the vases and not the mobs

I also have to add another issue.
The Shadow Piercer skill often doesn't work. (like the Shadow veil)
Today it didn't work 4 times in a row.
I hope this will be fixed soon since it is an important skill.

Cashews
12-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I find the "better item" alerts to be extremely annoying. Just because an item gives you ex. +10 health and -200 mana, does not make it better at all. Also a nice feature to add would be an auto-sell option where you can set the rarity level of gear that is automatically sold to the game for you.

Samhayne
12-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I find the "better item" alerts to be extremely annoying. Just because an item gives you ex. +10 health and -200 mana, does not make it better at all. Also a nice feature to add would be an auto-sell option where you can set the rarity level of gear that is automatically sold to the game for you.

You can turn those alerts off now with an option. Patch Notes at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79679-2012-12-18-Content-Update-(110360)

stricker20000
12-18-2012, 05:03 PM
In addition I would like to point out another issue with the mages (mobs) attack (fire), seen in Watchers tomb III.
Sometimes the mages there fire rectangles instead of the usual circular shapes.
Seeing the mages firing boxes kind of hurts so I hope this will be fixed too.

Samhayne
12-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the head's up on the mages. I'll pass it along.

stricker20000
12-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by stricker20000
The virtual joystick bug wasn't really fixed, because the virtual joystick only didn't work if 'Virtual Joystick Tracking' was turned off.
Now the option I just mentioned was removed. As a consequence it is the same situation as before with the difference that the not working things werenjust removed and not fixed.
I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who wants a non-tracking joystick and that's why I hope you will bring the fixed versions back.
Hey stricker20000,

Just to clarify, you would like an option to have a virtual joystick that doesn't move to be where your thumb sets down in the joystick area?

Can you elaborate on how you find the current joystick doesn't work as you would like it to?
---------
I hope it is no problem if i answer this question in this thread.
1.Just to clarify, you would like an option to have a virtual joystick that doesn't move to be where your thumb sets down in the joystick area? Exactly.

2.Can you elaborate on how you find the current joystick doesn't work as you would like it to?
Well, I prefer having the joystick at a concrete location, that means it shouldn't move to be where my thumb sets down.
It should stay on its position and not move. We had this option until the update came out today, which caused the joystick not to move anymore if it is not set to track. Now this possibility is completely removed. So i just would like to have this possibility back like it had been before the first update today.

Frealaf
12-18-2012, 05:23 PM
You can now remove goals you don't want to complete.

What about the new goals option of deciding you don't want to follow that goal. It keeps given the goal out again everytime you change map. Unless I'm missing some option on it, I just click the red cross next to the goal and it goes, just comes back again a few mins later.

I don't want to join a guild :p