PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Concerns about players phones.

Chaotik
12-18-2012, 09:27 PM
ok. first off congrats to STS for making a fun lil addictive MMO.

Now these suggestions should be taking IMO with high regaurds to implementing.

1: Make all static controls with adjustable transperancy.
2: Make all static controls and areas moveable.
3: Add in the option for screen rotation.

These 3 suggestions should be implemented as for playing this game comes with a high cost. I have now officially ruined my 500 dollar Samsung Galaxy S3.
Why and how did this happen well arcane legends is a addictive MMO. And being that the HP,MANA, JOYSTICK, HP/MANA POTS, ELIXIR BUTTON AND ALERT BAR. Are all static dont move or nothing have now burnt into my display. So no matter what i look at now i have all these areas burnt into/ ghosted in my display. So currently at what cost is playing AL well its at the cost of your phone and risking this burn in.

I do hope these areas of issue get looked into and something is done hate to see more and wonder how many others have officially burnt in these images into their display. Sadly me liking MMO's and having a MMO that can go anywhere with me has now cost me my phone :(

CriticalCyr
12-18-2012, 10:19 PM
1. I'll agree with that one.

2. Customization is fun. Agreed with this one too.

3. Can't be done. AL doesn't have screen rotation because they haven't made the graphics to allow for a 360 degree view.

Deathpunch
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
3. Can't be done. AL doesn't have screen rotation because they haven't made the graphics to allow for a 360 degree view.

OP means screen rotation, not camera rotation. So you can flip your device and have the charging port on the other side.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

YONFIRE
12-20-2012, 12:26 PM
OP means screen rotation, not camera rotation. So you can flip your device and have the charging port on the other side.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Already able to be done on Iphone, not sure on other devices.

Deathpunch
12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Already able to be done on Iphone, not sure on other devices.

Hooray for iphone, now let's get it on Android.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Madstar
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Hooray for iphone, now let's get it on Android.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

You can get in on Android bro. Option ''auto rotation'' in settings of the phone, or download the manual rotation application to choose everything you want. Well, works on my Sony Xperia S. Not sure for older devices bro.

Samhayne
12-20-2012, 02:09 PM
That's a bummer about the screen burn, Chaotic :( I know it's hindsight, but taking breaks while you play might be a good thing, for you and your phone. We've had the Android "why doesn't it flip" issue brought up a couple of times. The occasional rotate might have helped with it. I think it's an OS thing, but not sure. I've passed it along.

donzai
12-20-2012, 02:20 PM
hey i have noticed it many times.. i am using a galaxy note and the client is eating up batrery so much that even my charger fails if i play on charge... it keeps dropping and also its making my fone heated up... i see a popup some times that charging paused... temperature too high... please look into this and fix it.. i dnt want to dmg my fone due to this..

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Deathpunch
12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
You can get in on Android bro. Option ''auto rotation'' in settings of the phone, or download the manual rotation application to choose everything you want. Well, works on my Sony Xperia S. Not sure for older devices bro.

Doesn't work and I will not download another app to do something that it should already allow, bro.

That's a bummer about the screen burn, Chaotic :( I know it's hindsight, but taking breaks while you play might be a good thing, for you and your phone. We've had the Android "why doesn't it flip" issue brought up a couple of times. The occasional rotate might have helped with it. I think it's an OS thing, but not sure. I've passed it along.

it isn't an os limitation. Many android apps do it. I can confirm that it only rotates one way on 4.0.3 and 4.2.1.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Madstar
12-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Doesn't work and I will not download another app to do something that it should already allow, bro.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Hmm, maybe a bug? I don't know, maybe you need to update bro seriously I don't know soz man

Samhayne
12-20-2012, 04:03 PM
hey i have noticed it many times.. i am using a galaxy note and the client is eating up batrery so much that even my charger fails if i play on charge... it keeps dropping and also its making my fone heated up... i see a popup some times that charging paused... temperature too high... please look into this and fix it.. i dnt want to dmg my fone due to this..

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Hey Donzai, you might experiement with the battery saver and pixel double settings. Unfortunately, there is a wide range of hardware out there, especially on Android. I'm not trying to slam on the Galaxy Note, but it might not be designed for marathon MMO sessions. The same way that different PCs can be built with different applications in mind.

Astrocat
12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Same here. I can rotate any game, except Arcane Legends. I can rotate Star Legends tough! Weird. :/

Deathpunch
12-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Hmm, maybe a bug? I don't know, maybe you need to update bro seriously I don't know soz man

Um, I'm already as updated as possible, bro. Perhaps you might be able to get HTC to push out a jelly bean update for my Shooter, then get Sprint to hurry up and push it, too. All of that will be no good as the screen rotation doesn't work on jelly bean anyway, as I clearly stated in my last post.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Astrocat
12-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Um, I'm already as updated as possible, bro. Perhaps you might be able to get HTC to push out a jelly bean update for my Shooter, then get Sprint to hurry up and push it, too. All of that will be no good as the screen rotation doesn't work on jelly bean anyway, as I clearly stated in my last post.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.

Apparently it's not supported on every phones, and also heard that if you're rooted, then it might be the problem. I still don't know a lot about Androids, so, just saying what I've seen on few sites for Android. :)

Deathpunch
12-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Apparently it's not supported on every phones, and also heard that if you're rooted, then it might be the problem. I still don't know a lot about Androids, so, just saying what I've seen on few sites for Android. :)

Yeah, no. Being rooted is not the issue. Obviously it isn't supported on every device. It should be, though.

-----
Dear STS,
Sincerely, everyone.