View Full Version : Start Selling Your Sweet Gear!

Dannynguyen
12-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Attention Maxed Players (Lvl16). I advise you guys should start selling your expensive gear because of the new update comming up.
Prices in the auction house are beginning to drop and decrease in value. Get rid of your gear and get some of your money back.
For warriors like me, whoever has the maxed gear juggernaught or the 40.3 damage weapon. I Advise you right now to sell it as soon as possible.
Get rid of it so you can save up money for the new update comming up.

For me, i sold everything i had except for my pet Kettle because its un-trade since i opened the egg.
I suggest that players who want to become stronger in the future, start selling now and buy cheap Legendaries that you can use to level up to 21.
My previous stats were 220 Strength, 103 Damage+ and that was my maxed damage at level 16.

Heres my current stats with my cheap gear i am currently wearing

I also am currently sitting on 780,000 Gold. I had over a mil but i brought a kettle egg for 350k.
So start selling guys! prepare for the future of AL!

LwMark
12-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Jeez i have 20k lol

Yakiniku
12-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Haha I think it might be a bit late for this advice. When I liquidated my sorc's gear about a week and a half ago, the CS prices were already dropping pretty fast. I did take a middle ground though and kept some useable pieces for the leveling ahead. There's no telling how long it'll take to go from 16 to 17. If it's anything like 15 to 16, I'll be glad I kept my sorc's stats at a decent level.

Well, I was rolling in gold, but then I rolled a rogue just for fun and ended up using a lot of it to fund my new main. :x

Good advice though. Just not sure how much you can get from liquidating right now. I noticed a few level 16 pieces that used to be in high demand not move at all in CS today.

mendox
12-18-2012, 10:55 PM
smart players sold their gear a week ago.
prices went down by 50%-70% allready.

Limsi
12-18-2012, 11:02 PM
I'll keep mine for I have managed to rake in some 300k from farming eggs, though I agree with your advice. Good day! :)

Steverd
12-18-2012, 11:21 PM
smart players sold their gear a week ago.
prices went down by 50%-70% allready.

Yeah, prices are dropping FAST, I also notice the 50-75% price drops since a week ago.
Question - people selling their best gear are not selling what they have equipped are they?
I would think that you still want you best gear for the level cap raise wouldn't you?

Jcyee
12-18-2012, 11:26 PM
gear is already gone ;)

nenjih
12-18-2012, 11:31 PM
The ship to sell your gear on has kinda sailed at least a week ago

Pie
12-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Sold my legendary stuff last week.

TheHobbit
12-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Me, I'm giving all my gear (except the flamestrike, which was reserved to a friend) in a contest plus 100k. Please join once its posted.

discounts
12-19-2012, 12:13 AM
i sold mine right when ios came out and raked in 2.5m
havent really played since then

Sharaobic
12-19-2012, 01:23 AM
how do you people manage to get so large chunks of money 0.o I was able to aave only 10k gold from quests and how do u pay for listing in AC. Its not that i dont hace good gear to sell but i m not able to pay the high listing prices

Shadowkiiller
12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
I sold mine about two weeks ago for about 2mil

how do you people manage to get so large chunks of money 0.o I was able to aave only 10k gold from quests and how do u pay for listing in AC. Its not that i dont hace good gear to sell but i m not able to pay the high listing prices

I would just use chat (not spamming) to sell my items because CS listing prices start to accumulate, but of course you have to sell at a lower price.

Energizer12
12-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Ive seen prices go out of the room with pet prices,they are getting too expensive

Dannynguyen
12-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Thanks everyone for their feedbacks. I just think that players who are thinking to keep your gear currently should sell it as of right now because of the price dropping. Theres no point keeping expensive items right now and re-selling it after you level over 16. You'll only get like 10-20% of what you paid for back.
Good luck everyone and hope you guys make a good start into the game!
Cant wait for the new update! once again thanks for the feedbacks!

LwMark
12-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Gear still will be worth money though for pvp needs

DataPunk
12-19-2012, 05:34 AM
I think selling now is the dumbest thing u can do. Less people will be farming the old maps i.e. the best gear for pvp will be highly sought after but there will not be much supply. Anyone selling now is shooting himself in the foot.

Dreuefesie
12-19-2012, 05:58 AM
My gears hardly worth anything to start with -.-

Tree Dude
12-19-2012, 08:37 AM
I almost never buy top end gear. All my pinks were bought for under 5k a piece (I also got the champion bundle). The only thing I really spent a good amount of cash on was Flap Jack for 35k.

mendox
12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
I think selling now is the dumbest thing u can do. Less people will be farming the old maps i.e. the best gear for pvp will be highly sought after but there will not be much supply. Anyone selling now is shooting himself in the foot.

why do u need level 16 gear for pvp when cap is 21 ?

its my first sts game..

Tree Dude
12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
why do u need level 16 gear for pvp when cap is 21 ?

its my first sts game..

PvP generally has tiers to keep it fair. So there will most likely be a tier with a max lvl of 16. People will lvl up toons to that lvl and disable XP gain so they can dominate the PvP for that tier (these are called twinks). Thus making the lvl 16 gear more valuable. This is pretty common practice in MMOs.

Shonex
12-19-2012, 10:10 AM
What about forerunners? Do we keep them,cuz they can be more valuable in the future? :confused:

Tilax
12-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm going to keep forerunners just because they are limited and will be rare once the champion bundles are removed and I've heard that the devs wont be bringing them back into the game anymore.

TheAnonymous
12-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I have spent most of probably 500k so far buying damn eggs I am trying to fill all 5 of my characters up with every single pet and so far I have just about made it :) People keep lowering those pet prices for me :)

I been buying up all the forerunners I can see those will go in my closet to sell in a years time when everyone is like OMG where did you get that gear?

discounts
12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
forerunners wont be worth crap unless turned to vanity

Asahetek
12-19-2012, 11:28 AM
I sold almost all my stuf over the past couple of weeks (500k), exepct the stuff i got from jarl yesterday. The prices have dropped very low and if you sell might have to eat some gold because of the fees, since they are geting lower.

Arcanee
12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Gear still will be worth money though for pvp needs No pvp will be next year for new years holiday so the gear now will not be needed!

Spite
12-19-2012, 11:58 AM
PvP generally has tiers to keep it fair. So there will most likely be a tier with a max lvl of 16. People will lvl up toons to that lvl and disable XP gain so they can dominate the PvP for that tier (these are called twinks). Thus making the lvl 16 gear more valuable. This is pretty common practice in MMOs.

I guess you can tell yourself that to make yourself feel better about not dumping them at a high price. Even if what you said was true, wouldn't it be better to sell it off while its high and buy it back at a much lower price? But its too late anyways. Chances are if you have the full 16 elite sets, you are not short of money.

Energizeric
12-19-2012, 05:07 PM
I got all top gear, but unlike most of you who got your gear early on when it was high priced, I bought mine after the prices already dropped. Plus, because I merch I found good deals on everything. So I spent a total of less than 200k for my sorcerer gear which consists of all top level 16 pinks. So I have no reason to sell now. I'll just use this gear on my way to 21 and will sell it then, and may not even take a loss, or only a very small one.