PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good warrior build?

Precise_Arrow
12-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Hi atm this is the build im almost done building posted by Kenoon:
Chest splitter
#3 (learn this at lv16 only), #4

Skyward Smash
#1, #2, #3

Axe throw
#1, #3, #4

Horn of Renew
#2, #3, #4

However i was wondering if a better build would be to go with:
Chest splitter

Skyward Smash
#1, #2, #3

Vengeful Blood
#1, #2, #3, #4

Horn of Renew
#2, #3, #4

I Figure the horn of renew give you tankyness while the other 3 give you dmg and chest splitter interrupts any windup and both chest splitter and skyward smash deal crit. i also figured with flap jack u'd never run out of mana also mixed w/ vengeful blood. so you may keep spamming and tanking all at the same time.

And should i get Flap Jack or Ribbit?

Please help! and thank you!

Handsome2
12-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Vengeful Blood all #1,#2 ,#3,#4,#5 if you charge your skill :). #5 gives +25 str or +50 str(on charge)

Precise_Arrow
12-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Vengeful Blood all #1,#2 ,#3,#4,#5 if you charge your skill :). #5 gives +25 str or +50 str(on charge)

So u think i should use the second build over the 1st rite?

Handsome2
12-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Yes second is better than your first.But may not be best idk.....

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Hi atm this is the build im almost done building posted by Kenoon:
Chest splitter
#3 (learn this at lv16 only), #4

Skyward Smash
#1, #2, #3

Axe throw
#1, #3, #4

Horn of Renew
#2, #3, #4

However i was wondering if a better build would be to go with:
Chest splitter

Skyward Smash
#1, #2, #3

Vengeful Blood
#1, #2, #3, #4

Horn of Renew
#2, #3, #4

I Figure the horn of renew give you tankyness while the other 3 give you dmg and chest splitter interrupts any windup and both chest splitter and skyward smash deal crit. i also figured with flap jack u'd never run out of mana also mixed w/ vengeful blood. so you may keep spamming and tanking all at the same time.

And should i get Flap Jack or Ribbit?

Please help! and thank you!

Your better build is actually my currently used Build #3 which i mentioned is one of the highest threat output build except that i switched to Windmill to proc my Trollbane weapon's effect.
You can get Ribbit for the Critical Active skill and bonuses.

With Vengeful Blood and Horn of Renew, you don't really need Flapjack at all for the regen.
You just have to make sure that Vengeful Blood is always charged up.
The duration is more than enough for you to spam all other skills before it comes available again.

ShadowGunX
12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
put out axe for CS. nd hav Vengefull blood for 4th skill

Precise_Arrow
12-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Your better build is actually my currently used Build #3 which i mentioned is one of the highest threat output build except that i switched to Windmill to proc my Trollbane weapon's effect.
You can get Ribbit for the Critical Active skill and bonuses.

With Vengeful Blood and Horn of Renew, you don't really need Flapjack at all for the regen.
You just have to make sure that Vengeful Blood is always charged up.
The duration is more than enough for you to spam all other skills before it comes available again.

What is ur Build #3?

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM
What is ur Build #3?

Tank build #3 - In my opinion the best build which suits my gameplay style
There are some personal changes on the sub-tree skills which i feel useful as personal preference.
I would suggest to learn all 4 sub-tree skills in Vengeful Blood to maximise the effectiveness.
The bonuses from Vengeful Blood suits my style of tanking using normal melee attacks.
I am also open to many other types of Pets rather than sticking strictly to Flap Jack or Ribbit.
My warrior gains 25% critical hit, 25% boost to damage, 6 ticks of mana regen, strength +50 (which is also increased health in this case, similar to juggernaut) over a period of 12.5 seconds.
In almost another 15 seconds (17.5 secs to be exact...), I can have this buff again to maintain my DPS & Threat aggro. The downside for this setup is that it is purely a tanking build which isn't that user-friendly during the initial phase of clearing the mobs before Jarl.

A good sharing by Crystallite is that he replaces Horn of Renew with Windmill to counter the DPS problem. Although he needs to pot at times but his skills setup will shine effectively when he is in Jarl party with a mage. You may view his sharing below this post.
His skills setup should be the #1 highest threat output build for Warrior so far.

For my most current setup, i removed Axe throw in replacement with Windmill instead.
Reason is because the lack of damage when the new level cap releases and leveling will become an issue.
Windmill wise, i learnt 3 sub-tree skills except for Cripple.
Instead of using Axe throw to pull Jarl or boss, i use Charged Horn of Renew's effective Radius to taunt them.
I added in Windmill in my skill rotations without failed and my Taunt tanking has become much stronger. I believe this is currently the 2nd highest threat output cost saving build.

Chest Splitter - 35 mana cost, 3 sec cooldown, 4.5m range, 88-110 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Staggering Blow - Hits will interrupt an enemy's attack windups, as well as provide a 20% chance to disorient them.

Windmill - 45.6 mana cost, 10 sec cd, 4m range, 82-103 damage up to 3 targets within 4m.
>Increased Radius - Increase range of Windmill attack to 6 meters.
>Blender - Damage increased by 15% for every strike from Windmill.
>Prolonged Spin - Increases the duration of Windmill by 25%.

OR

Skyward Smash - 40 mana, 4 sec cooldown, 12m range, 97-122 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Seismic Slam - Range of damage is increased to 6 meters with a charged Skyward Smash.
> Thundering Hammer - Skyward smash attacks will now do an additional 10% damage.
> Quaking Earth - When crashing down with your Skyward Smash, enemies receiving damage will have 25% chance of being stunned in a place.

Vengeful Blood - 31 mana cost, 30 sec cooldown, 71-89 mp regen every 2 secs for 10secs.
> Acute Strike - While active, increase critical chance by 10%, or by 25% with a charged cast.
> Savage Strike - While active, increase damage by 10%, or by 25% with charged cast.
> Focused Rage - Increase duration of VB by 25% (which is 7.5sec).
> Adrenaline Surge - Temporary increase Strength by 25, or by 50 with charged cast.

Horn of Renew - 30.4 mana cost, 15 sec cd, 6m range, heals allies for 119-149 damage every 1.5sec for 6secs.
> Increased Duration - Increase buff duration by 25%.
> Challenge - Charging HOR will taunt all enemies within 8 meters of you.
> Protective Shield - Charging HOR puts a shield on allies that prevents all damage for 2 secs.

Precise_Arrow
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
There are some personal changes on the sub-tree skills which i feel useful as personal preference.
I would suggest to learn all 4 sub-tree skills in Vengeful Blood to maximise the effectiveness.
The bonuses from Vengeful Blood suits my style of tanking using normal melee attacks.
I am also open to many other types of Pets rather than sticking strictly to Flap Jack or Ribbit.
My warrior gains 25% critical hit, 25% boost to damage, 6 ticks of mana regen, strength +50 (which is also increased health in this case, similar to juggernaut) over a period of 12.5 seconds.
In almost another 15 seconds (17.5 secs to be exact...), I can have this buff again to maintain my DPS & Threat aggro. The downside for this setup is that it is purely a tanking build which isn't that user-friendly during the initial phase of clearing the mobs before Jarl.

A good sharing by Crystallite is that he replaces Horn of Renew with Windmill to counter the DPS problem. Although he needs to pot at times but his skills setup will shine effectively when he is in Jarl party with a mage. You may view his sharing below this post.
His skills setup should be the #1 highest threat output build for Warrior so far.

For my most current setup, i removed Axe throw in replacement with Windmill instead.
Reason is because the lack of damage when the new level cap releases and leveling will become an issue.
Instead of using Axe throw to pull Jarl or boss, i use Charged Horn of Renew's effective Radius to taunt them.
I added in Windmill in my skill rotations without failed and my Taunt tanking has become much stronger. I believe this is currently the 2nd highest threat output cost saving build.

Chest Splitter - 35 mana cost, 3 sec cooldown, 4.5m range, 88-110 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Staggering Blow - Hits will interrupt an enemy's attack windups, as well as provide a 20% chance to disorient them.

Windmill - 45.6 mana cost, 10 sec cd, 4m range, 82-103 damage up to 3 targets within 4m.

OR

Skyward Smash - 40 mana, 4 sec cooldown, 12m range, 97-122 damage + increased damage on a critical.
> Seismic Slam - Range of damage is increased to 6 meters with a charged Skyward Smash.
> Thundering Hammer - Skyward smash attacks will now do an additional 10% damage.
> Quaking Earth - When crashing down with your Skyward Smash, enemies receiving damage will have 25% chance of being stunned in a place.

Vengeful Blood - 31 mana cost, 30 sec cooldown, 71-89 mp regen every 2 secs for 10secs.
> Acute Strike - While active, increase critical chance by 10%, or by 25% with a charged cast.
> Savage Strike - While active, increase damage by 10%, or by 25% with charged cast.
> Adrenaline Surge - Temporary increase Strength by 25, or by 50 with charged cast.

Horn of Renew - 30.4 mana cost, 15 sec cd, 6m range, heals allies for 119-149 damage every 1.5sec for 6secs.
> Protective Shield - Charging HOR puts a shield on allies that prevents all damage for 2 secs.

and u dont think any points should go on the passives?

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
and u dont think any points should go on the passives?

Passive section covered in my guide -.-...

Precise_Arrow
12-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Passive section covered in my guide -.-...

may u please link ur guide?
and what pet do u consider the best atm:

Ribbit
Last seen wrapped in a web somewhere in Rook's Nest.
Dropped by Mother in Rooks' Hideout or costs 50 platinum.
Happiness Bonus: +25 STR, +7% Crit, +8 Health Regen
Arcane Ability: Accuracy
Player has 40% chance to crit for 3 seconds.
Passive Ability L1: Arcane Ball
A ranged attack that can hurt multiple targets.

Flap Jack
A great evil is rumored to have captured this pet somewhere in Rook's Nest.
Dropped by Bael in Rooks' Nest or costs 50 platinum.
Happiness Bonus: +15% Damage, +4 Health Regen, +4 Mana Regen
Arcane Ability: War Shrill
A war cry that has a high chance to stun enemies in range and reduces their armor by 10%.
Passive Ability L1: Forceful Peck
Damages a single target with a sharp peck.

Snowball
Only available for a limited time over the holiday season.
Costs 25 platinum.
Happiness Bonus: increased damage by 5%, +5% Crit.
Arcane Ability: Frost Storm:
A darting attack that damages and has a chance to knock down the target.
Passive Ability L1: Snowball
A ranged attack that strikes a single target.

Snaggletooth
These are the pets of the powerful bosses located in the Dead City.
Happiness Bonus: +25 STR, +4 Mana Regen, incoming damage reduced by 2%

ShadowGunX
12-19-2012, 09:18 PM

OR

5 skills?

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi bro, it's 4 skills.
It's a preference for individual whether to use WM or SS.

Kenoon
12-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Btw Precise, everything's covered here if not most stuffs:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78475-Warrior-Tanking-123-with-explanations