PDA

View Full Version : GOA

Leothelion
12-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I want to learn to become a GOA. I want to know how. I have a lvl 67 archer Named Leothelioneat. I am willing to do anything to help out Pocket Legends. If anyone has what to do. Please post

Noodleleg
12-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Last time I checked, all you had to do was swear allegiance to PL by making a new forum account and thread.

Cascade
12-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Not sure if they still do the GoA. It's been a while since the last ones were picked. Just keep helping people.

dudetus
12-19-2012, 06:36 PM
U already failed to become a GoA by asking how to get it.

GoA is never to be asked and it's not an achievement to pursue on. It's rewarded by devs for contributing to forums.

MasterGT
12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Last time I checked, all you had to do was swear allegiance to PL by making a new forum account and thread.

lmao

Cascade
12-19-2012, 06:38 PM
U already failed to become a GoA by asking how to get it.

GoA is never to be asked and it's not an achievement to pursue on. It's rewarded by devs for contributing to forums.

Forums and in-game.

Leothelion
12-19-2012, 06:39 PM
K thanks

AbsolutePally
12-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Everyone gets it in a unique way. Find your niche make your journey, have fun and do it with a pure heart.

cookiez
12-19-2012, 09:37 PM

Trololol

Otukura
12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
just brown nose until you can't stand it

MightyMicah
12-20-2012, 06:21 PM
The most legit answer came from AbsolutePally. That exactly how you would "approach" getting a GoA.

Basically, just do your thing and always try to be helpful. Unlike certain posts above me who were very unhelpful and uninformative, indeed...

Areufa
12-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Yea Leo, don't listen to the trolls, just do good. And thanks Micah for actually being nice >.>

Kixxler
12-20-2012, 07:20 PM
The only reason ppl want to be a guardian is cuz of the extremly attractive shield.

Cascade
12-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Like Kixxler said, most people want to help and all that to have the pretty shield. You don't need GoA status to be helpful. I've been helping for 2 years and i'm not a GoA, so as you can see. You don't need somebody to give you stuff to keep you helping.

MightyMicah
12-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Cascade hit the nail on the head. Can't really add to that...haha

It's my personally opinion that people SHOULD strive for GoA. Like, consciously strive for it. Imagine a community where everyone is striving for GoA. That would be an amazing community. Certainly there might be some failed guides and stuff, but even those would improve because everyone would be helping each other out. I believe that was the developers' entire plan behind GoA. Forum reputation and GoA can help to make for a better community. That's why I'm never so quick to say "get rid if it" like most people and that is why I'm sad to see AoA gone, even with all of its flaws.

Cascade
12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Cascade hit the nail on the head. Can't really add to that...haha

It's my personally opinion that people SHOULD strive for GoA. Like, consciously strive for it. Imagine a community where everyone is striving for GoA. That would be an amazing community. Certainly there might be some failed guides and stuff, but even those would improve because everyone would be helping each other out. I believe that was the developers' entire plan behind GoA. Forum reputation and GoA can help to make for a better community. That's why I'm never so quick to say "get rid if it" like most people and that is why I'm sad to see AoA gone, even with all of its flaws.

I think the reason for getting rid of the AoA system was because it was too much to handle with 4, almost 5 games.

Regarding the "get rid of rep" stuff. I always like to use this: Slow to speak, quick to think. In other words, don't be so quick to say no/yes. Your brain is there for a reason. Use it.

MightyMicah
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I think the reason for getting rid of the AoA system was because it was too much to handle with 4, almost 5 games.

Regarding the "get rid of rep" stuff. I always like to use this: Slow to speak, quick to think. In other words, don't be so quick to say no/yes. Your brain is there for a reason. Use it.

Agreed on both points. Unfortunately...there is the issue of the age groups ;)

iRusher
12-22-2012, 04:48 AM
I'm pretty sure they quit the GoA programs along with the Ambassador program.

LwMark
12-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure they quit the GoA programs along with the Ambassador program.
Nope

You
12-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Anyone know why they quit the AoA program?

Unxtoxic
12-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Spacetime Studios is proud to unveil a special Pocket Legends community program: the Guardians of Alterra.

What are they? Simply put, Guardians of Alterra are players of Pocket Legends and contributing members of the community that have distinguished themselves as a valuable player to both Spacetime Studios and to other Pocket Legends players.

How are Guardians distinguished from other players? We have designed a very unique and special shield for Guardians. Players wearing the shield below have distinguished themselves in the world of Alterra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxAqKSwc1Bk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxAqKSwc1Bk

How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.

• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.

• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.

• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

Becoming a Guardian of Alterra is not something that you can ask or apply for. It is given to those who do good stuff without expecting recognition.

The following individuals are Guardians of Alterra. In the future, we will announce more as this will be an ongoing program.

(In no particular order)

Yanisa (Yanis on forums)
Kalielle
Orei
Physiologic
Royce
Arterra
Snakespeare
Fluffnstuff
Kingrichie
Chadm
Wrap
DanielRH
RedRyder
Mysticaldream
Ellyidol
Apollo
CowboyJim
DawnInfinity
Redbridge
Ayrilana
Petrichor
WoundedEagle
Otukura
JaytB
CrimsonTider
Conradin
Navygreen
Darkfader
AbsolutePally
Chickenrunnn
Siejo

Congratulations!!

And a VERY Special thanks to Yanis, who will also receive the ultra-rare and coveted Shield of Legends for his tireless work in cataloging every Pink item in the game (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?16-Trader-s-Market).

---------------------------

Also note, there is a sister program for Community Members who distinguish themselves in Star Legends, The Star Guard. For more information about the Star Guard, please see this post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?37440

*Please note, we reserve the right to remove the status and Community Shield at our discretion if a player commits actions not in keeping with the spirit of the program or in contravention of our terms of use.

There you go. Quoted from cassric and good luck!

Unxtoxic
12-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Anyone know why they quit the AoA program?

Next week we will be shutting down the Ambassador programs. This has not been an easy decision. We have enjoyed working with the players who volunteered their time to take part in Ambassador activities. We're changing things up and working toward community building activities that anyone can join. Going forward, the Spacetime Studios Community Team will be focusing on the Spacetime Insider program. Look for more activities there that you can participate in.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to write me - either here or via Private Message.

Respectfully yours,

Samhayne
Director of Community
Spacetime Studios

Some info on AOA program. Quoted from Sam.

Cascade
12-23-2012, 07:45 PM
It's been a few months since the last ones were selected, right?

Dreuefesie
12-23-2012, 07:53 PM
In the GOA announcement that was quoted^, it says "Last edited by Samhayne; 09-26-2012 at 05:36 AM." I did notice more names on the list than earlier this year.

LwMark
12-23-2012, 11:22 PM
The last 3 were added this year

Cascade
12-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Perhaps they will announce more in January.

MightyMicah
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM

Perhaps! I Doubt if anyone needs another GoA though. I mean, to me it seems all the helpful people already have GoA.

Unxtoxic
12-24-2012, 02:41 AM

Perhaps! I Doubt if anyone needs another GoA though. I mean, to me it seems all the helpful people already have GoA.

Insult much?

undertheradar
12-24-2012, 03:04 AM
Take Sam out to dinner. Guaranteed GOA. Or.....

And it's a big or...

Have 3,000,000 thanks and say "OMG LEGENDS GAMES ROCK I LOVE YOU DEVS"

Orrrrrrr....

Make a thread running useless numbers about some in game mechanic that no ones cares about

Orrrrrrrrr...........

Make so many guides that your hand falls off to the point where people realize you're sucking up, and PM the Devs about how awesome they are.

dudetus
12-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Guide: How to become GoA

Take Sam out to dinner. Guaranteed GOA. Or.....

And it's a big or...

Have 3,000,000 thanks and say "OMG LEGENDS GAMES ROCK I LOVE YOU DEVS"

Orrrrrrr....

Make a thread running useless numbers about some in game mechanic that no ones cares about

Orrrrrrrrr...........

Make so many guides that your hand falls off to the point where people realize you're sucking up, and PM the Devs about how awesome they are.

Alalakcity
12-24-2012, 03:09 AM
try to beat Aoa,Dev, and Goa in PVP...

:chuncky:

dudetus
12-24-2012, 03:11 AM

Makes so much sense. Thx for ur endeavoring efforts to these forums.

KingFu
12-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Kiss aśs and make cookies.

Luvaria
12-24-2012, 03:51 AM

I don't see how that's hard.
(This being before AoA got shut down.)
*commences to beat self in pvp*

FluffNStuff
12-24-2012, 08:35 AM

I vote for this one!

Cascade
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Ouch, lol I kid. I'm the oldie that no one knows about.

MightyMicah
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Insult much?

Ouch, lol I kid. I'm the oldie that no one knows about.

Ahh! I stuck my foot in my mouth again. Let me rephrase that. I feel as if everyone who has been a big help to the community has already gotten their GoA. This statement shouldn't be offending anyone except those who feel they've been a huge help to the community and haven't gotten their GoA. If that is you, then I humbly ask you to shrink.

Cascade
12-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Nah, it isn't really a big deal for me to be a GoA I feel like that I'll help and if my helping turns out to be the devs making me a GoA then so be it.

AbsolutePally
12-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I never tried for it, never considered I'd make it. I was just a passionate pvper that spread pvp and tried to help it go mainstream by raising awareness and interest via tournaments.
May be a well known guy in the forums and pvp community but in the pve community I'm probably not known.

I can however say that there are still some very deserving of such title. Some have already moved on, but others, even up and comers will take root.

Cascade
12-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah I'm neither PvE or pvp but rather...forums. I feel that I can help players on the forums more than in-game so that is what I strive for. I'm not working towards GoA status. I consider it a privilege to be able to get on these forums everyday and help people or just have fun with friends I've made over the years. The satisfaction of helping is better than any in-game item I could be given.

NECROREAPER
12-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I think the devs took too long to choose the last bunch of GOA, as some of them were deserving of it for far too long.

In other cases though they've chosen them way too quickly.

LwMark
12-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Theres a few people who i really think would deserve this, who dont use the forums much, but will go unrecognized, because devs dont see them ingame. Then again they probably dont even care, they probably dont even know what GoA is.

One person ik who deserves it is one post above meh

The people above are talkin about helpin and not carin about GoA if they get picked so be it...hmmm lol

Otukura
12-24-2012, 03:42 PM
I never tried for it, never considered I'd make it. I was just a passionate pvper that spread pvp and tried to help it go mainstream by raising awareness and interest via tournaments.
May be a well known guy in the forums and pvp community but in the pve community I'm probably not known.

I can however say that there are still some very deserving of such title. Some have already moved on, but others, even up and comers will take root.
Community Leader's Private Discussion.

to paraphrase, "i'm hosting more pvp tournaments and putting my time into it, so i hope u guys can recognize me and support me for goa"

dudetus
12-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Otu is meanie.

P.S. Unity thread needs bumping.

LwMark
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Nah, it isn't really a big deal for me to be a GoA I feel like that I'll help and if my helping turns out to be the devs making me a GoA then so be it.

http://guardiansofpocketleg.forum-motion.com/forum

azefekie
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Friend everyone in PL

KingFu
12-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Community Leader's Private Discussion.

to paraphrase, "i'm hosting more pvp tournaments and putting my time into it, so i hope u guys can recognize me and support me for goa"

Don't forget the PMs requesting for a nomination to Samhayne.

Delphina
12-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Closing thread. Please refer to this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19028-Become-a-%E2%80%98Guardian-of-Alterra%E2%80%99-and-Earn-a-Highly-Exclusive-Community-Shield!