PDA

View Full Version : Overachiever's helm

Demthres
12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I know a lot of complaints have come up because of the reward for capping rhino/vixen in 4 days, but really STS? When I stash helm and wear on my main it looks exactly like the promo code helm. I paid 1600 plat and spent 18 hours grinding for a promo helm that everyone got for free? I'll post picture to show. Hopefully its a glitch. If not can you please change I don't see why I can wear elite cap helm, but it has to not look like it... that is silly. Please fix thanks. I am also posting in bug section.

NotYoCookiez
12-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Maybe it's only red on the rhino and fox

Suentous PO
12-19-2012, 07:42 PM
I like that it only shows off for your rhino/fox, after all that's who achieved it. I doubt they wanted to make it so it could be worn on all the toons who could not have got it. That's just me tho

McBain
12-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Y'all need to simmer down....capping toons in four days and whatnot.....

I don't think the promo helm has red on the sides, so it's diff'rent

j0rdantran
12-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Y'all need to simmer down....capping toons in four days and whatnot.....

I don't think the promo helm has red on the sides, so it's diff'rent

The red on the sides are the elves ears

slaveleia
12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanx for posting the pic of the helm, I was curious about seeing that since I failed lol to place myself. Even tho the prize wasn't amazing, you guys ripped it.

Jcyee
12-19-2012, 10:44 PM
maybe its not supposed to look good on mages?

LwMark
12-19-2012, 11:06 PM
U should stash you lions helm

Kixxler
12-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Personally I wouldn't pay 1600 plat just to cap a fox/rhino and get a red version of a free vanity helm.

Just my opinion

Cobraguy
12-20-2012, 02:30 AM
I paid 1600 plat and spent 18 hours grinding for a promo helm that everyone got for free?

Smh.....

Montanabro
12-20-2012, 05:29 AM
Personally I wouldn't pay 1600 plat just to cap a fox/rhino and get a red version of a free vanity helm.

Just my opinion

Congrats. Next time you make a thread I'm going to post in it why you're doing things wrong.

Chopper
12-20-2012, 10:32 AM

Just my opinion

wait, people also get to have a CAPPED FOX/RHINO player too. Isn't that the main reward for doing it? To have a player at the cap? The helmet should just be icing on the cake.

Demthres
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM
wait, people also get to have a CAPPED FOX/RHINO player too. Isn't that the main reward for doing it? To have a player at the cap? The helmet should just be icing on the cake.

It isn't though. I already have a few 76 toons. I wouldn't have done if not for the Helm. My guild tries to hold a standard of having some of the most elite members in all of alterra. So when STS issues a challenge like this we have to take it. Only reason I was the one in guild who decided to jump on the grenade was because I felt it would be worth it to have a very rare helm on my main that only a few others in game have. I collect items like that. Founders, Black Dragon sets, all discontinues, Dragon Egg shield, etc. And to make it turn blue is silly. I capped it and should be able to wear it on any toon without it looking like free promo helm.

Ogbuehi
12-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I didn't even know this was an available reward. I did it for the egg on my bear and would've done it for my rhino had I known that there was extra stats available.

Chopper
12-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I didn't even know this was an available reward. I did it for the egg on my bear and would've done it for my rhino had I known that there was extra stats available.

wait, there are stats with the helm? I thought Vanity items with stats was a no-go with STS anymore?

Demthres
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
wait, there are stats with the helm? I thought Vanity items with stats was a no-go with STS anymore?

There are no stats on the helm.

Rare
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure if you all are aware... but in software... there are things called technical issues and bugs. There is actually a forum for these "technical issues and bugs" here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?11-PL-Technical-Issues-and-Bugs). Instead of whining about how terrible and unfair it is... perhaps you should first tell them there is an issue. And maybe they will fix it.

CriticalCyr
12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
It isn't though. I already have a few 76 toons. I wouldn't have done if not for the Helm. My guild tries to hold a standard of having some of the most elite members in all of alterra. So when STS issues a challenge like this we have to take it. Only reason I was the one in guild who decided to jump on the grenade was because I felt it would be worth it to have a very rare helm on my main that only a few others in game have. I collect items like that. Founders, Black Dragon sets, all discontinues, Dragon Egg shield, etc. And to make it turn blue is silly. I capped it and should be able to wear it on any toon without it looking like free promo helm.

That's what STS was banking on.

NECROREAPER
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
To sum it up for those who dont wanna read it all:

"I payed a lot of money for these pixels, gimme something special cause I payed a lot of money!!!!"

Chopper
12-20-2012, 04:24 PM
To sum it up for those who dont wanna read it all:

"I payed a lot of money for these pixels, gimme something special cause I payed a lot of money!!!!"

and to add:

"It's not special enough because there is another item that now looks similar to it, but is not exactly the same, and i got what was advertised"

NECROREAPER
12-20-2012, 04:27 PM
and to add:

"It's not special enough because there is another item that now looks similar to it, but is not exactly the same, and i got what was advertised"

"and I payed money so treat me special!!!"

CriticalCyr
12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Dem does have a valid point. More than likely, though, it was a mistake by STS, that I'm sure they can fix.

NECROREAPER
12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Dem does have a valid point. More than likely, though, it was a mistake by STS, that I'm sure they can fix.

It's pretty invalid if you ask me.

Hes complaining that the special item that he has that already looks good on one character doesnt look good on another and looks too similar to something everyone else got for free on that character.

CriticalCyr
12-20-2012, 06:29 PM
If you don't have the item in question, then it's hilarious how you have such a strong opinion about it.

Techno Email
12-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Uh oh... Thanks for the report! No, generally we do not allow players to stash these types of items. So, you are correct - you should not be able to wear this helm on you other characters. It's not the end of the world, since it least it looks just like the promo code helm if you do.

We can't really change it to be un-stashable, because it could get stuck on your other characters, leaving you with only a baby blue helm. Given that, it is unlikely that anything will change with this helm, since functionally, you have the helm as advertised. Fixing the bug would cause more harm than good, since the bug (which is that the helm can be stashed) doesn't cause any visible harm. However, fixing the bug (which would mean locking it to whatever character had it were a "fix" to go in) would leave you with only a baby blue promo helm. Making the Overachiever Helm show up dark red on all your character is not an option, because 1. those items don't exist for the other classes, and 2. it makes the bug worse, by allowing it to have a visible impact in-game. My suggestion - stash it and wear it on your Rhino or Fox, and be merry that you get to wear this helm on all of your RHino's and Foxes, forever more due to this incredulous bug that I don't think we should fix. *dodges thrown shoe* :)

Techno Email
12-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I like that it only shows off for your rhino/fox, after all that's who achieved it. I doubt they wanted to make it so it could be worn on all the toons who could not have got it. That's just me tho
This is correct. It should not be stashable. If I fix this now, folks who have already stashed it could lose their helm altogether. That doesn't sound like a good option.

LwMark
12-20-2012, 09:21 PM
So they dont get a red helm?

Deathofan
12-20-2012, 09:59 PM
*dodges thrown shoe* :)
Woah, too much dodge. *nerf*

Kixxler
12-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats. Next time you make a thread I'm going to post in it why you're doing things wrong.

How did I offend you, this isn't even your thread...

Oh wait, you're from Montana, that explains it.

Ogbuehi
12-20-2012, 10:27 PM

My egg has stats

Demthres
12-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Uh oh... Thanks for the report! No, generally we do not allow players to stash these types of items. So, you are correct - you should not be able to wear this helm on you other characters. It's not the end of the world, since it least it looks just like the promo code helm if you do.

We can't really change it to be un-stashable, because it could get stuck on your other characters, leaving you with only a baby blue helm. Given that, it is unlikely that anything will change with this helm, since functionally, you have the helm as advertised. Fixing the bug would cause more harm than good, since the bug (which is that the helm can be stashed) doesn't cause any visible harm. However, fixing the bug (which would mean locking it to whatever character had it were a "fix" to go in) would leave you with only a baby blue promo helm. Making the Overachiever Helm show up dark red on all your character is not an option, because 1. those items don't exist for the other classes, and 2. it makes the bug worse, by allowing it to have a visible impact in-game. My suggestion - stash it and wear it on your Rhino or Fox, and be merry that you get to wear this helm on all of your RHino's and Foxes, forever more due to this incredulous bug that I don't think we should fix. *dodges thrown shoe* :)

I get you so just like the egg cant be stashed and worn on any other of my level 76's neither was the helm suppose to be. What about this compromise. Is it possible to make all the promo helms green or something so that even though the elite cap helm isn't red it's still shows its not promo on my main? Cause like I said I honestly dont plan to play on my rhino and wont cap a vixen for quite some time now that im out of plat from capping rhino.

Ortalan
12-20-2012, 11:29 PM
My egg has stats

Your egg is not vanity.

NECROREAPER
12-21-2012, 02:27 AM
If you don't have the item in question, then it's hilarious how you have such a strong opinion about it.

Whether or not I have the item in question is irrelevant as this situation has come up literally dozens of times before, and I've been around for every one of them.

SIRPATHETIC
12-21-2012, 04:37 AM

LAWL

Cobraguy
12-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Is it possible to make all the promo helms green or something so that even though the elite cap helm isn't red it's still shows its not promo on my main? Cause like I said I honestly dont plan to play on my rhino...

This made me laugh...

If the devs wouldn't have made the mistake of allowing this to be stashable, you wouldn't be able to wear it on your main anyway....get over it already....

JaytB
12-21-2012, 09:34 AM
To all complainers, you got more than original intended. As most similar items (cap vanity items, elite vanity armor, egg), it would only need common sense to suspect that the current lvl cap item for a new challenge, would only be for that 1 char.

To me, it's seems logical that they supposed to be special on, and bound to, the class you got them with. But you even got more due to a mistake STS made. You can use the red helm on any other rhino or fox class that didn't really earned the achievement, organization you got an extra blue helm to show off on your other characters.

The way I see it, you already got more than what common sense and the original advertisement promised you'd get

angeldawn
12-21-2012, 11:21 AM
"and I payed money so treat me special!!!"

Pumpkin stop the crap!!
U spent plenty of money on STS!! And U have cried even worse about your pumpkin head!! U even threatened to quit over and over.

Pumpkin I love u dearly and miss u but i am disappointed in your comments Please don't sit here and troll someone who is upset with a very valid reason. When u have done the same!!!!

This deal with the helm also upsets me and I made posts about it in the other thread.

angeldawn
12-21-2012, 11:31 AM
This is correct. It should not be stashable. If I fix this now, folks who have already stashed it could lose their helm altogether. That doesn't sound like a good option.

Techno

What is the harm with being about to stash elite vanities. They have no stats! I would love to hear STS thought rationale in this. The only thing I can think of is that it is a money driven decision.

Some of sets STS has designed are soooo ugly I would like to cover them up with my elite armor!!

Montanabro
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
How did I offend you, this isn't even your thread...

Oh wait, you're from Montana, that explains it.

You were being rude--you told the OP in a thread he made seeking help that he wasted his money. No need for that here. Be respectful of others and take it to PM or another thread if you feel compelled to tell people how they should play.

D-:
12-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Inb4l.

xcainnblecterx
12-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Odd your the only 76 i see in this thread complaining about the helm. Because you are unhappy it isnt red on all other toons, you want sts to change the colour of all winged helms? That would pretty much make alot of other people unhappy.

Rare
12-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Pumpkin stop the crap!!
U spent plenty of money on STS!! And U have cried even worse about your pumpkin head!! U even threatened to quit over and over.

Pumpkin I love u dearly and miss u but i am disappointed in your comments Please don't sit here and troll someone who is upset with a very valid reason. When u have done the same!!!!

This deal with the helm also upsets me and I made posts about it in the other thread.

It's really not valid. Now whether elite vanities should be stashable is up for debate. But that's a different discussion. Understanding the current rules, the op was expecting, and felt entitled, to something different

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Suentous PO
12-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Techno

What is the harm with being about to stash elite vanities. They have no stats! I would love to hear STS thought rationale in this. The only thing I can think of is that it is a money driven decision.

One Reason I guess, came by way of that other thread.
Someone asked if this helm might be able to combined with other elite vanities to eventually create the valiant ring.
I believe it was T.E. who responded to the effect that might happen. Now however that it can be passed around toons it becomes more complicated.

angeldawn
12-22-2012, 06:39 PM
One Reason I guess, came by way of that other thread.
Someone asked if this helm might be able to combined with other elite vanities to eventually create the valiant ring.
I believe it was T.E. who responded to the effect that might happen. Now however that it can be passed around toons it becomes more complicated.

Thanks for your response. I missed Techno saying that. And I believe you are right if they do make it a ring then it does make things more complicated and it should be bound.

Ogbuehi
12-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Techno

Some of sets STS has designed are soooo ugly I would like to cover them up with my elite armor!!

Because then if someone had multiple toons, you wouldn't know which ones actually met the requirement to earn helm and which one didn't. So I could cap just one of my toons and get the ring for all my toons.

angeldawn
12-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Because then if someone had multiple toons, you wouldn't know which ones actually met the requirement to earn helm and which one didn't. So I could cap just one of my toons and get the ring for all my toons.

I kind of disagree with this. I can't believe that there isn't some code that can be written so it can only be crafted into a ring on the original toon.